2010 VCAs - General Discussion

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Re: 2010 VCAs - General Discussion

Post by Nya-chan Production » Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:03 pm

Bauzi wrote:
So generally this has turned into Russian contest with a bit of international support? :>

Would it be possible to give us info about nationality of the voters in percent? :<
Sorry, but a-m-v.org is not the whole center of the amv world anymore. Russians might have a bigger community? Live with it and ask yourself why people are leaving this website! Russians make awesome videos? Cry me a river and make some awesome videos too?

Nya, I'm sorry that I pick on you too, but as you can see Krisqo pissed me off and you're part of the colletaral damage.
I don't care, mainly since you have a point, but still it kinda saddens me that it's so one-sided, more and more every year. But all I can do is blame the others but Russians, mainly, that they don't vote and promote enough... :|

Panky
Org Profile

Post by Panky » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:14 pm

At least with qwaqa's winning entries I can say I've watched over half the amount of winning videos :amv:
I don't know, I didn't quite like his "Time" video but the "Ian Fleming..." was pretty well done and cool, I must admit, I don't understand the fuss. If russians are more, and they all vote for the russian guy, it's gonna win. It's a popularity contest like mirko said, not a deserved award one.
Nya-chan Production wrote:I don't care, mainly since you have a point, but still it kinda saddens me that it's so one-sided, more and more every year. But all I can do is blame the others but Russians, mainly, that they don't vote and promote enough... :|
It's only natural, it's not russians or french or whatever nationality you want to put. It's just that it seems russian community is way bigger than other ones, and maybe the one active at the Org (meaning participating in forums, etc.).
BasharOfTheAges wrote:Not sure about other awards, but Most Helpful is sorta implied to be "here" isn't it? I mean "Rookie of the Year" is held to the standard of "here on the org" when people bring up the fact that so and so isn't a rookie and cite off-site examples. Why the double standard?
I have to agree with his point.

Congratulations to winners, somehow I've watched most of the videos before the semis and from what I recall they were good enough.

pd: does someone know what the numbers near the username mean at the winners table? "Bonefixer (+10)" or others.

GloryQuestor
Moderation Hero
Org Profile

Post by GloryQuestor » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:18 pm

Panky wrote:does someone know what the numbers near the username mean at the winners table? "Bonefixer (+10)" or others.
It's the extra members who created the video as a multi-editor project. In the above case, it would be 11 total editors - Bonefixer and 10 others.
Website Administrator, AnimeMusicVideos.Org
Samurai Warriors Productions
Pittsburgh Japanese Culture Society Events - AMV Department Head
Middle Tennessee Anime Convention - Main Events Operations Manager
Anime Weekend Atlanta - Senior Manager of Programming - Video Art Track

NS
I like pants
Org Profile

Post by NS » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:37 pm

I killed somebody to win the VCAs once.

Fall_Child42
has a rock
Org Profile

Post by Fall_Child42 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:41 pm

NS wrote:I killed somebody to win the VCAs once.
So did I

But it was okay because he was just a bit-part demon.

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:05 pm

Cap'n Toddenfreude wrote:
NS wrote:I killed somebody to win the VCAs once.
So did I

But it was okay because he was just a bit-part demon.
I killed someone and still hasn't won, what am I doing wrong? >.>

Aggressor
Org Profile

Post by Aggressor » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:33 pm

Krisqo wrote:And I'm sorry Aggressor, but you DO NOT deserve most helpful. I don't know what you have done, but certainly not as much as some other members coughzarxcough.
Orly? Ignorance is bliss. Use google translator here and here. Its simple: you guys use Zarxrax GUI, and all russian community use my AMVsimple for encoding. So don't give me bullshit if you please. Still I'm surprised that I got this nomination O_o

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:44 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:Not sure about other awards, but Most Helpful is sorta implied to be "here" isn't it? I mean "Rookie of the Year" is held to the standard of "here on the org" when people bring up the fact that so and so isn't a rookie and cite off-site examples. Why the double standard?
I don't know about this year because I wasn't paying attention, but I know the last two years several people were manually removed from rookie because they had released earlier videos on other sites. I'm not sure if they were removed from VCAs entirely or not for not listing all their videos in the orgs system, but they were ineligible for rookie. The only reason Rookie, or any category really, is tied to the org is that most things are automatically done via queries to the org database. But the people running things can and do manually remove stuff based on what happens on other websites.

That being said, I'm really surprised mirkosp didn't win. The rest of the results I pretty much expected, although I think this year is the lowest # of winners I agreed with ever, but Most Helpful surprised me a lot.

Bill Ein
Org Profile

Post by Bill Ein » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:19 pm

Cap'n Toddenfreude wrote:Replaced it with one that was more ironic, understandable by us Bourgeois, and one that has an AMV set to it.
Old and not rus AMV, your FIX was not tactful for russian AMV authors.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hx4MbTvmfuQ

Knowname
Org Profile

Post by Knowname » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:18 pm

Aggressor wrote:
Krisqo wrote:And I'm sorry Aggressor, but you DO NOT deserve most helpful. I don't know what you have done, but certainly not as much as some other members coughzarxcough.
Orly? Ignorance is bliss. Use google translator here and here. Its simple: you guys use Zarxrax GUI, and all russian community use my AMVsimple for encoding. So don't give me bullshit if you please. Still I'm surprised that I got this nomination O_o
yeah some campaigning on your part would have been nice. I sort of assumed this type of thing to be true (is that the GUI in the Help video? did you use WW2 Medal of Honor type sounds?? lol wtf??) but yeah the fact that most ppl that discuss here have no clue kind of makes no sense seeing as we basically are the host... it'd just have been nice lol.

Poor Zarx >.< no offense to you though.
If you do not think so... you will DIE

Return to “2010 AnimeMusicVideos.org Viewers' Choice Awards”