Error when Loading Video/Audio Files into Sony Vegas 7.0

For help and discussion concerning Magix's (formerly Sony's) Movie Studio and Vegas Pro editing software.
Kevmaster
Eisenbahnmörser
Org Profile

Error when Loading Video/Audio Files into Sony Vegas 7.0

Post by Kevmaster » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:27 am

I'm getting this error when loading Sony Vegas 7.0. Translation would be:

"The application couldn't start, because AVIFIL32.dll could not be found. Re-installation of the appilcation could solve the problem"

It pops up multiple times, but vegas continues loading when I click "ok" and it opens. Now I can edit an images without problem, but as soon as I instert a video- or sound file the error pops up again and when I click "ok", the same error appears right again and I have to close Vegas by cancelling the process via taskmanager.

And when I try to download a file via FreeYoutubeToMP3Converter, it works fine till it has 50% and then I get the following error:

Again, I have to cancell the process via taskmanager.
I don't know if these two errors have anything to do with each other, but I feel they do as they appeared around the same time. I also already re-installed FreeYoutubeToMP3Converter, but the error still appeared.

Any ideas on what to do?

Haeresis
Org Profile

Re: Error when Loading Video/Audio Files into Sony Vegas 7.0

Post by Haeresis » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:02 am

Have you tried reinstalling Sony Vegas yet? That's what the program recommended you to do, so you try that first.

Kevmaster
Eisenbahnmörser
Org Profile

Post by Kevmaster » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:00 pm

... :sweat:

I just went ahead and re-installed Vegas. The Error still comes up when I open the program, but I am able to add video and audio files.

Panky
Org Profile

Post by Panky » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:22 pm

I guess you're on 32bits?

If so, try downloading the Dll, put it on the Vegas application folder.
Else, if you're on 95/98/ME paste in on system and system32 for newer versions. Try restarting then, if it still doesn't work, you can try registering the .dll by using REGSVR32 c:\windows\**system_folder**\avifil32.dll on the CMD command, if it isn't registered yet.

If that doesn't work it out, then I have no clues of that error.

Panky
Org Profile

Post by Panky » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:23 pm

Crap, I have cut my own post, I meant that if putting it on the Vegas folder doesn't make it work, you can try the second thing. :roll:

Return to “Movie Studio & Vegas Pro”