How do you put Text & Graphics in YOUR Videos?

Jibaku~Chuusei
Org Profile

How do you put Text & Graphics in YOUR Videos?

Post by Jibaku~Chuusei » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:14 am

Okay you guys, just how do you do YOUR credits, dedications, logos, etc, in your videos? I don't mean technical steps, but in general, what is your process? Because what I'm trying is not working (I made some frames in Photoshop & imported to Premier, but the text turns completely blurry. And most of the text in other videos looks perfectly crisp.) and almost everybody puts some sort of credits in their video, so this is incredibly routine and there's gotta be something I'm missing to be hitting a wall no one else is.

Please just take a moment to share your tools/technique.

Bauzi
Location: Austria (uhm the other country without kangaroos^^)
Org Profile

Re: How do you put Text & Graphics in YOUR Videos?

Post by Bauzi » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:29 pm

That's odd. I thougt that Photoshop imports works better than stuff made with the media generator. Are you sure that your Photoshop titles are not altered in Premiere in therms of scaleing? Which Premiere version do you use?

I use the Adobe media generator in Premiere. Right Click on your project browser in Premiere and go to Generate->New Title (or something like that. I can't remember for sure). A little window pops up where you can create and edit your credits text. Than you save it and paste it in your timeline.
You can find me on YT under "Bauzi514". Subscribe to never miss my AMV releases. :amv:

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:07 am

Now I use the Title function in Premier, makes for easy scrolling text and stuff. But I used to make my titles in Photoshop. At first I made Bitmaps with an easy to key background then I got wise and just saved the PSD and imported that into premier. The thing to make sure is that the AR you are editing at is also the AR you made the PSD at. Don't save to a compressed format like gif or jpg as that will cause blurry pics as much as saving in a smaller AR will.
ImageImageImageImage

Qyot27
Surreptitious fluffy bunny
Org Profile

Post by Qyot27 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:49 am

ngsilver wrote:But I used to make my titles in Photoshop. At first I made Bitmaps with an easy to key background then I got wise and just saved the PSD and imported that into premier. The thing to make sure is that the AR you are editing at is also the AR you made the PSD at. Don't save to a compressed format like gif or jpg as that will cause blurry pics as much as saving in a smaller AR will.
This. As long as the image is the same dimensions as the video and you've saved it in PSD, you should be good. You might want to adjust some of the drop shadowing or text glow to make it look more appealing, though.
My profile on MyAnimeList | Quasistatic Regret: yeah, yeah, I finally got a blog

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:00 am

I used to do what ngsilver said, but then found comfortable with premiere pro cs4's title generator and use it a lot just fine. It's also easier to make sure it'll create the text with the proper ar.

Raindropmemory
Org Profile

Post by Raindropmemory » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:39 pm

Umm I don't know if this is what you mean but I just go on Photoshop and make a separate transparent layer of the logo or text, save it as a PNG file, then import it onto my video editing software... It seems to work for me xD

Return to “Video & Audio Help”