Multiple screens

victornyalita
Org Profile

Multiple screens

Post by victornyalita » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:46 pm

I'm trying to make the effect where you have multiple small screens each playing a video on screen and also i wondering how to make a black circle shadow/outline around a video...saw it on a death note amv.

Niotex
The Phantom Canine
Org Profile

Re: Multiple screens

Post by Niotex » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:58 pm

Go to the properties of your clip based on what editor you're using. Premiere it would be scale and I'm pretty sure for Vegas it would be under pan and scan if not scale as well. That way you can scale clips down so you can fit more in the screen. As for the black shadow the effect "drop shadow" might work for you.

Bauzi
Location: Austria (uhm the other country without kangaroos^^)
Org Profile

Post by Bauzi » Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:15 pm

If you use Premiere: As far as I remember there were effects in the category "Stylize" that made such outlines of the clips. Such as Alpha Glow.
You can find me on YT under "Bauzi514". Subscribe to never miss my AMV releases. :amv:

Sora no Honou 空の炎
Org Profile

Post by Sora no Honou 空の炎 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:04 am

This is for sony vegas...

multiple screens- Select the pan crop thing on your video, scale it down, and then set it where you want it. Create multiple video layers and do this for each video you want. You may also want to use the picture in picture cookie cutter for a border of some sort.

Dark circle outline- I am not sure exactly what you want with that, but heres where I'm guessing you want.
One a or b work depending on what exactly you want it to look like. the second step is the same for both.
1a-Take your video, get the oval cookie cutter, and make it as big as you want. I would also feather it a bit, but thats just me.
1b-Go to the pan crop screen, get the pen tool, draw your border, feathering and adding curves to your liking.
2- Add black below that.

Pretty simple. What I think can be pretty cool with this is have the same video below the masked video with a dark brightness/contrast setting, instead of the black. just an idea.

Sorry if this didnt help.

JoiHerusan
Org Profile

Post by JoiHerusan » Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:40 pm

It helped me, now I am going to try that out :D
This hand of mine glows with an awesome POWER! Its burning grip tells me to defeat you! Take this! My love, my anger, and all of my sorrow! SHINING FINGER SWORRRRRDDDD!!! GO! GO! GO!!!

Return to “Effects & Techniques”