How to do this effect in Sony Vegas??

Post by rockmantn91 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:53 am

I dont know what is this effect
Looks like a drop of water on the surface and spread :?:
Please help me! :sweat:

xPiikanyaa
Phail Whale
Org Profile

Re: How to do this effect in Sony Vegas??

Post by xPiikanyaa » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:30 pm

All you do is right-click on the track above the clip and select ''Insert Blank Event'' then use a cookie cutter effect and use keyframes to make it bigger over time.

Kanti13
Org Profile

Post by Kanti13 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:27 am

If you are using Vegas, you can go into Media Generators and choose "Elliptical Ring". Put it on the layer above your image. Use the control points to adjust color, feather, width ect. Keyframe size to make it get bigger.

xPiikanyaa
Phail Whale
Org Profile

Post by xPiikanyaa » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:19 pm

Kanti13 wrote:If you are using Vegas, you can go into Media Generators and choose "Elliptical Ring". Put it on the layer above your image. Use the control points to adjust color, feather, width ect. Keyframe size to make it get bigger.
Really? I never knew you could do that :<

shawnnm2
Org Profile

Post by shawnnm2 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:42 pm

Truthfully that can be any effect or gerator if i said it right you have to just think.

Kanti13
Org Profile

Post by Kanti13 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:14 am

shawnnm2 wrote:Truthfully that can be any effect or gerator
This is soo true. You could do what Cheesecake, or what I said. That shape could easily be made in photoshop (I would imagine in Gimp too), and then imported so you could just use zoom to make it bigger. I'm sure you could do it in Particle Illusions too.

Or, I just thought of an incredibly simple way to do it so that the shape would be a perfect circle and the zoom would be automatic. Insert 2 empty events and put them together so that there's a crossfade. Then use the "iris" transition. That's pretty much all there is to it if you do it this way. :up:
It's obviously easy to change color and width, and the longer the fade between the two events, the slower it will grow and vice versa.

xPiikanyaa
Phail Whale
Org Profile

Post by xPiikanyaa » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:59 pm

Kanti13 wrote:Or, I just thought of an incredibly simple way to do it so that the shape would be a perfect circle and the zoom would be automatic. Insert 2 empty events and put them together so that there's a crossfade. Then use the "iris" transition. That's pretty much all there is to it if you do it this way. :up:
It's obviously easy to change color and width, and the longer the fade between the two events, the slower it will grow and vice versa.
I admire your genius. :up:

tugaOwn
Org Profile

Post by tugaOwn » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:06 am

Honestly, i think it's just an opacity change... Instead of using 100% use like 20% while playing a background video (or picture).

Go to the video track tab and change the opacity of it.

About the ring... cmon, that's easy to do.

Return to “Effects & Techniques”