Summer Wars

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Re: Summer Wars

Post by ZephyrStar » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:46 pm

MIND = BLOWN.

This movie was fucking amazing.

Taite
Org Profile

Post by Taite » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:31 pm

must have dvd must have dvd must have dvd must have dvd
Image Image

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Post by EkaCoralian » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:46 pm

Ok, so I finally was able to sit down and watch this movie! Whew, how I love free time in week-long spans. :'D
This was one fantastic movie, you weren't kidding! In the beginning when OZ was being introduced, I got somewhat of a, "Trapeze" vibe from it, and I began to think that if the entire movie was going to be like this, then I probably wouldn't enjoy it as much as I'd hoped (I'm not one for an abstract overflow in anime, really.) As the movie continued, I was pleasently surprised, and heck, I found myself wanting MORE scenes OZ!

There was only really one flaw in the movie from my eyes, and that was the originality is sadly lacked in the end.
Spoiler :
A nuclear missile's course could be changed due to this A.I?
Digimon The Movie.
This A.I's actions are affecting the entire world, since OZ is basically a global network?
Digimon The Movie.
Random people worldwide want justice, and thus want this A.I to disappear once and for all. And for this, they are willing to lend a hand and speak out.
Digimon. The. Movie.

And it really annoyed me because this movie had an absolutely brilliant plotline. Then again, its not like this is a rip-off, because technically if you place an A.I on a global network, its a necessity that it makes technology go haywire around the world. It's just that of all things, they choose to make a nuclear missile fall to the ground, just as Digimon did, that made me a little disappointed.
Although, I will say that Summer Wars brought up the idea behind changing the course of the missile a little better than Digimon did, because in Summer Wars, they at least mentioned this popular new missile at the beginning of the movie on the News.
But, besides that, I really loved this movie. Despite the ending, I believe I still will buy it if it releases on DVD. =)

Kellnerin
Org Profile

Post by Kellnerin » Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:35 am

Summer Wars seems to be getting a positive response here, but doesn't seem that widely discussed. It's finally in cinemas here in Germany now, whilst I'm a little bit unconvinced by the trailer I think I'll go check it out as you guys are giving it the thumbs up.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”