Images in Premiere = blurry

Jibaku~Chuusei
Org Profile

Images in Premiere = blurry

Post by Jibaku~Chuusei » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:48 pm

Hey,

So I've made an amv in premiere, I get to the finish line and then I get hung up by the credits. I made some images in Photoshop to create the credits/logo, but when I import those into premiere they are blurry. This isn't so noticible with a photograph, but images with text look awful because the text is fuzzy.

I've been googling and it's plain others have had this problem but I've yet to find a solution.
No screen name said on Jul 22, 2008 at 5:00 AM :
I'm having trouble importing a clear still image, i have converted image to correct 'Pixel Aspect Ratio' but still is blurry image. For some reason when i left click on image in 'Program: Sequence 01' it becomes clear! Any ideas? Thanks

No screen name said on Sep 16, 2008 at 9:08 AM :
I am having the same problem importing a clear still image, especially with Photoshop type. Created an image 720 x 534 pixels in Photoshop. Added type with Garamond typeface and sizes from 3.5 point to 6 point in size. In Photoshop I can't use larger type because of the small image size. Looks great in Photoshop, but when imported into Premire Pro CS3, the type is terrible. Oddly, if you select the image by left clicking on the image in the monitor like you are going to manually move or scale it, the image becomes perfectly clear.
Sounds exactly like what I'm going through. I've tried importing bmps or photoshop files directly, as well as resizing my images to match the video frame size. I've also tried just rendering to see if it looks ok in the video, but it doesn't look any better.

I know that people do this kind of thing all the time, so if there's something I'm missing any help would be incredibly appreciated! Thanks.

Tools: Adobe Photoshop CS3 & Adobe Premiere CS3

Panky
Org Profile

Re: Images in Premiere = blurry

Post by Panky » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:56 pm

Have you checked if the output video shows the images blurred as well? I remind importing photos as well and I think I experienced the same thing like you, but as far as I remember it didn't affect the output one.

Try adding just those images to the sequence, exporting and checking if the output video shows them blurred as well.

Jibaku~Chuusei
Org Profile

Post by Jibaku~Chuusei » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:05 pm

Yes, I tried that unfortunately. That's what I meant by rendering; I exported a movie out of just the images and they are still blurry in the video file. It's a mystery to me...

Panky
Org Profile

Post by Panky » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:21 pm

I didn't know you have tried that, I thought you meant rendering. And yes, when I read better the part of "clicking it on the monitor" it ranged my bells. Although I think it would export it quite well.

What I guess you can *try* and see if it works, when creating a sequence select the option "Maximum bit depth". I've never tried, but considering it might be a HQ bmp photo it could make it look better.

Jibaku~Chuusei
Org Profile

Post by Jibaku~Chuusei » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:31 pm

Thanks, I'll look for that.

What really irks me is when I export an image from Photoshop as a Quicktime movie it's crystal clear, but once I put it into Premiere it's back to crap. Crazy.

Return to “Video Editing Software”