Is it real...or just another Crush?

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Re: Is it real...or just another Crush?

Post by AimoAio » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:04 pm

OropherZero wrote:<3 this vid, btw is this song popular or something? Seem to hear it all the time in the supermarket. Anyway just some small quality issues here and there but I liked the scene selections.
Code wrote:Well, I can safely say I had several different concepts planned out for this song that never got off the ground. And I can safely say this one blew all of them out of the water.

1) Lip Flap was distracting,and in this particular series and in those particular scenes, it would have been pretty easy to mask them out. Try that in the future perhaps?
2) Beat sync in some areas of high drums was too fast and hard to keep up with. I applaud you for making this romance song more high paced than the song actually is and thus more entertaining to watch, but some areas were just too fast and hitting EVERY drum beat isn't always necessary.
3) The grey thing effect
4) The climax was actually... Well kind of anti-climatic. xD and I mean right after 2:35. You set us up with that scene of all scenes and move on to more random scenes. THATS WHEN YOU PUT THEM HAVING SMEXY KISSES! xD Lol, kididng. IT wasn't too bad afterwards, but I was just hoping for something with more of an effect on me.
5) I wasn't too keen on the white flashes. I mean, in SOME areas they were effective, but in some drum beats using white flashes and using black flashes elsewhere just kind of combined badly. This is more pertainit around the 3 minute mark both before and after it.

Overally, it was a nice and cute AMV exploring a cute series in a cute and interesting way, if not a little too oversynced. =D

The scene selection was nice,and you hit the overall feel of the song VERY well. Using David Archuleta to make something cutsey isn't all that hard, but you blew this out of the water. :D

/mehlikes
Yeah I understand the thing about the lip flap, I'll remember that in future, lol I always seem to have this thing about oversyncing videos :P Oh and when you say "grey thing effect" d'you mean the one at 0:49 or something else? Haha I was actually trying to make this video spoiler free at first so I never intended to put the kiss scene in at all since it was only suppose to be a crush after all and Taiga didn't know if her feelings were reciprocated but anyway thanks for the comments, I really appreciate it and it helps me learn and improve my weak points and I'm happy to know you liked watching it ^^

@EternalDefeat: Thanks for watching anyway ;)

Rubeeh wrote:liked it alot <3
Thanks Rubeeh :D
diegao94 wrote:Pretty simple video. I quite like it, but the white flashes make me a bit of discomfort.
Yeah I noticed when I first entered it in the Akross website, I tried to tweak it but didn't really succeed I guess..
Radiant_mt wrote:Synced very well in some parts, others not so much.
Nice story.
Alright flow.

Over all, a A-O-K video
:up:
Thanks ^^
Bakadeshi wrote:whats with you and only making Toradora vids for AUN hmm? (not that i'm complaining, I quite liked this video, and I'm a toradora fanboy anyway ;p)

I agree with code on the speedups, some of them felt a bit too fast, but thats pretty much only thing that bothered me. You've got a good feel for romancy stuff, i've liked everything you've done with the genre so far ;p :up:
Haha, I dunno really it just seems like all my anime video ideas are all based on Toradora atm...maybe it's cause I just finished re-watching it recently. I need to start watching some new series to get my mind off it xD Still, thanks Deshi :D Glad you liked the vid. I'mma probably do some more romance in the future, although I'll still try with other genres.

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Post by EkaCoralian » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:37 pm

Very well done! 5/5 :up:

Niotex
The Phantom Canine
Org Profile

Post by Niotex » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:31 pm

<3 ToraDora.. But somehow it doesn't feel like you did it justice to me. Aside from the technical things already mentioned it just felt flat and stale at times. From a editing as well as a story progressing standpoint.

Still despite that all it was cute none the less.

Magnus
Treasure this time
Org Profile

Post by Magnus » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:18 pm

Niotex wrote:<3 ToraDora.. But somehow it doesn't feel like you did it justice to me. Aside from the technical things already mentioned it just felt flat and stale at times. From a editing as well as a story progressing standpoint.

Still despite that all it was cute none the less.
This is totally my opinion as well I'd say.
Too bad you didn't go through with all the fixes I suggested, would probably looked much better in my eyes =)
good job anyway :up:
ImageImageImage

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:10 am

Thanks guys, I'll keep those points in mind next time I try editing something like this again. I'm thinking that maybe if I had put in a little more effort it would be much better but thanks for watching and taking the time to comment anyway, it's very much appreciated <3

jubjub2
Org Profile

Post by jubjub2 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:57 am

I quite liked it. You set up the relationship nicely, and I was glad that you punctuated it with both the silly and dramatic scenes. Nicely done.

However, I agree on other's points regarding the lip flap and the flashes.

:up:

Cenit
LinkinBall Z
Org Profile

Post by Cenit » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:47 pm

Like it a lot! Reminded me what was good about this series even thought i hate the end. Glad you didn't use that kissing scene ... could always rage when it's used totally out of place. So yeah anime, song and editing really match each other. Great work! :up:
"Watch me. That's the real joke."

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”