I Need A Basic Guide for After Effects? Help please?

Discussion and help related to Adobe video software goes here. e.x. Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.
Kaream
Org Profile

I Need A Basic Guide for After Effects? Help please?

Post by Kaream » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:09 am

Im a pretty good editor in Vegas and now i want to move on to AE. But After Effects is very complicated for me and im very lost on ow to do anything!
Can someone please provide a basic guides or tutorials where i can learn all the basics and advances for AE.. thanks a bunch guys

Kaream
Org Profile

Re: I Need A Basic Guide for After Effects? Help please?

Post by Kaream » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:16 pm

but isn't copilot stuff that is already done for you?

Enigma
That jolly ol' bastid
Org Profile

Post by Enigma » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:14 am

SupaKaream wrote:but isn't copilot stuff that is already done for you?
It's just tutorials.But people use it ALOT in videos.

Vivaldi
Polemic Apologist
Org Profile

Post by Vivaldi » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:55 pm

The basic training series Is actually very good at teaching you how to use the program, and alot of different concepts. It's just that alot of people copy techniques he shows in his "advanced" tutorials wholesale. And alot of people buy his stock effects ect. But the tuts themselves teach alot of good stuff, especially for beginner level.

You probably won't find better tuts for free.
<Kenzichu> HAHAHA!!
<Kenzichu> everyone died!

Sora no Honou 空の炎
Org Profile

Post by Sora no Honou 空の炎 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:30 am

These are great. I need to run through these when I can. Bookmarked.

Kanti13
Org Profile

Post by Kanti13 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:48 am

Vivaldi wrote:
The basic training series Is actually very good at teaching you how to use the program, and alot of different concepts.
:up:
I just recently finished the basic training and then following along in a few of the advanced tutorials helped me soooo much.

I also edit with Vegas and am new to AE. I was very confused with the complicated software and the unfamiliar interface, but I am very impressed with what I've learned from videocopilot. And I would advise to do a few advanced tutorials too because he comes up with all sorts of useful things that I just would never have though to do (or known were possible). Things like modifying the codes (idk if that's the right term) to slightly modify layers or effects. He also uses the camera a lot which looked foreign and scary at first. :sweat:
Vivaldi wrote:It's just that alot of people copy techniques he shows in his "advanced" tutorials wholesale. And alot of people buy his stock effects ect.
I wouldn't use his exact techniques in my own vids, but I'm really at the learning phase right now. And A good place to begin for me has been to download the project (to get the exact images/footage that he uses in that specific advanced tut) and following step by step in my own comp. It's just easier to follow exactly what he is doing in order to get a real feel for how all of the tools work and can be applied so I will use them in my own future projects.
You have to put some time into it but it really is worth it.

Kaream
Org Profile

Post by Kaream » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:44 pm

Vivaldi wrote:It's just that alot of people copy techniques he shows in his "advanced" tutorials wholesale. And alot of people buy his stock effects ect.
I wouldn't use his exact techniques in my own vids, but I'm really at the learning phase right now. And A good place to begin for me has been to download the project (to get the exact images/footage that he uses in that specific advanced tut) and following step by step in my own comp. It's just easier to follow exactly what he is doing in order to get a real feel for how all of the tools work and can be applied so I will use them in my own future projects.
You have to put some time into it but it really is worth it.
This topic is old as shit...
But yeah his tuts were pretty helpful to learn the basics etc etc.

Return to “Adobe Software”