Atlanta and area ACEN group

Convention Meetups, Socials, and Events
Forum rules
If posting about a specific convention, please mention the year along with its name in the title.
Mr Pilkington
Location: Well, hey, you, you should stop being over there and be over here!
Org Profile

Atlanta and area ACEN group

Post by Mr Pilkington » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:13 pm

I know that a few people locally have shown interest in an ACEN group for 2010. We're right at the 5 month marker so now is the best time to book. If we can get a good list together We can probably find even better rates with group fares so as the list expands expect the prices to go down, but as it stands:

If we fly out on the evening of Wednesday, May 12th (circa 8pm so people have time to leave work and brave public transport) rates are quite fair at $84/per, flying out Thursday will add another $20
Yet again returning on that following Tuesday yields the best rates, $84; an earlier is yet again +$20.
I know most of you have jobs and what-not to return so I'll put it all on the table.

Irregardless of location if we can get a decent group to register together (20ish) the price will be a modest $45 for the weekend. If you have any friends/family that are attending as well that will help aid this number. The way I see it with such a large community 20 people should be pretty easy.

Also irregardless of local we can lump ourselves with other editors attending. The hotel fare I am going to assume the 4-person price for now we'll split it to the "per-person" cost as the group comes along. I called today both the DoubleTree and Hyatt Regency still have rooms available, I'd like to move quickly so we can book one of these asap. As it stands the Hyatt is going 165/night (divided by as many people as wind up in a room) and the doubletree is $129. EDIT: The Aloft has doubles remaining (the other two could make no guarantees) and is quite a bit less, $99.

All Atlanta, or even surrounding area people are encouraged to participate :up:
Please post here if interested and to what level (IE: flight and room, just admission, etc...)
Any questions feel free to ask or Pm me. If we can get 10 on board for the flight at the very least the rates may very well drop.
Last edited by Mr Pilkington on Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Re: Atlanta and area ACEN group

Post by Ileia » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:30 pm

Last year, we stayed at Aloft and I quite liked it. It has a cheesy aquarium lounge thing going for it, and they were pretty cool about our partying (the security guard had some pizza and let people swim in the closed pool). While staying at the Hyatt is nice and all because of convenience, Aloft actually has a transport service that will take you to the convention center (even though the walk is like, 5-10 minutes tops). I like /less/ crowding and cosplayers (and I'm going to an anime convention lolololol) and Aloft was fairly free of them.

So anyway, just thought I'd add that. >_>
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:30 am

The Aloft is one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in. The bathrooms have no locks. :up:
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:07 am

Kitsuner wrote:The Aloft is one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in. The bathrooms have no locks. :up:
And they took your shooooes! Free of charge!
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

Emotive
...the Meditant
Org Profile

Post by Emotive » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:10 am

Kitsuner wrote:The bathrooms have no locks. :up:
This is relevant to my interests

Mr Pilkington
Location: Well, hey, you, you should stop being over there and be over here!
Org Profile

Post by Mr Pilkington » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:16 am

Thanx for the heads-up Ileia |:>
I just called and got prices, they still have doubles available and the rates are $99!
This really sound like it's going to be the best option. I'll keep the other two on the table but this really seems the best option.

ExSphere
Org Profile

Post by ExSphere » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:28 am

since i'm not doing a summer semester this year, I think i'm finally going to attend ACEN

Tono_Fyr
Org Profile

Post by Tono_Fyr » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:38 pm

The numbers are sounding quite good. Driving up will be.. fun to say the least. But yeah, I'm in.

trythil
is
Org Profile

Post by trythil » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:01 am

Yeah, the Aloft is like something out of some cheesy 80s TV series. Which makes it fantastic.

Koopiskeva
|:
Location: Out There Occupation: Fondling Private Areas ..of the Nation.
Org Profile

Post by Koopiskeva » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:58 am

trythil wrote:Yeah, the Aloft is like something out of some cheesy 80s TV series. Which makes it fantastic.
Sensational.
Hi.

Return to “Anime Conventions”