Most Helpful Member

Enigma
That jolly ol' bastid
Org Profile

Re: Most Helpful Member

Post by Enigma » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:38 pm

Cenit wrote:
mirkosp wrote:I'll throw Shui in the ballot. When it comes down to suggesting songs and help with music in general, he's pretty much the best one to ask to.
indeed

Websters Dictionary wrote: Shui - The man of the music.

LittleAtari
Call Me Moneybagz
Org Profile

Post by LittleAtari » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:38 pm

mirkosp wrote:I'll throw Shui in the ballot. When it comes down to suggesting songs and help with music in general, he's pretty much the best one to ask to.
speaking of the ballot, how is who gets to be on the ballot decided because i noticed that some of the people i wanted to nominate were not on it. :(

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:48 pm

LittleAtari wrote:
speaking of the ballot, how is who gets to be on the ballot decided because i noticed that some of the people i wanted to nominate were not on it. :(
Any user eligible for VCAs should be in the most helpful list, actually. When i said ballot I just meant I'd put his nick in the thread since no one recommended him yet. :shock: If you check, the amount of editors up for editor of the year is the same as the one for most helpful (3127).

LittleAtari
Call Me Moneybagz
Org Profile

Post by LittleAtari » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:07 pm

mirkosp wrote:
LittleAtari wrote:
Any user eligible for VCAs should be in the most helpful list, actually. When i said ballot I just meant I'd put his nick in the thread since no one recommended him yet. :shock: If you check, the amount of editors up for editor of the year is the same as the one for most helpful (3127).
Well then one more question: What if said helpful member did not make a video this year? Does that effect their eligibility for most helpful? I obviously think that it shouldnt, but I'm wondering if you guys may have accidentally overlooked that.

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:40 pm

LittleAtari wrote:Well then one more question: What if said helpful member did not make a video this year? Does that effect their eligibility for most helpful? I obviously think that it shouldnt, but I'm wondering if you guys may have accidentally overlooked that.
I have no clue honestly... John should reply to this one. Though I fear that might be the case.

GloryQuestor
Moderation Hero
Org Profile

Post by GloryQuestor » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:05 pm

We'll have to do this on a case-by-case basis. PM me with any members you would like to add to the list for your nomination. :)
Website Administrator, AnimeMusicVideos.Org
Samurai Warriors Productions
Pittsburgh Japanese Culture Society Events - AMV Department Head
Middle Tennessee Anime Convention - Main Events Operations Manager
Anime Weekend Atlanta - Senior Manager of Programming - Video Art Track

LittleAtari
Call Me Moneybagz
Org Profile

Post by LittleAtari » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:02 pm

GloryQuestor wrote:We'll have to do this on a case-by-case basis. PM me with any members you would like to add to the list for your nomination. :)
Thanks GQ. Please keep it in mind for next year so that we dont have to worry about it again ^^

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:19 pm

LittleAtari wrote:
GloryQuestor wrote:We'll have to do this on a case-by-case basis. PM me with any members you would like to add to the list for your nomination. :)
Thanks GQ. Please keep it in mind for next year so that we dont have to worry about it again ^^
Actually he told me why they did it like that. It wasn't overlooked, just that making the contest opt-out, basically every member of the org would have been included in the most helpful ballot besides those that opted out. There are over 800k users right now so...
Perhaps next year we should make it so that it's opt out for those that haven't made vids, so that those can opt-in for most helpful and we won't have to worry about huge numbers. :)

GloryQuestor
Moderation Hero
Org Profile

Post by GloryQuestor » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:19 pm

As requested, Niotex and -Reda- have been added to the list so that they may qualify for 2010 VCA nomination in "Most Helpful Member". This announcement goes into more detail on what had to be done to make it work, so please review it and post here with any questions.
Website Administrator, AnimeMusicVideos.Org
Samurai Warriors Productions
Pittsburgh Japanese Culture Society Events - AMV Department Head
Middle Tennessee Anime Convention - Main Events Operations Manager
Anime Weekend Atlanta - Senior Manager of Programming - Video Art Track

Inan
Another one
Org Profile

Post by Inan » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:12 pm

Niotex

Return to “2010 AnimeMusicVideos.org Viewers' Choice Awards”