Premiere Pro Old Movie plug-ins

Discussion and help related to Adobe video software goes here. e.x. Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.
Emotive
...the Meditant
Org Profile

Premiere Pro Old Movie plug-ins

Post by Emotive » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:55 am

Hey, I've been using Premiere Pro 2 for the past years but I never bothered much with plug-ins (other than the .avs importing one), being that I could get what I wanted done without them. I have finally ended up in need though - could someone suggest me some good old movie-styled plug-ins?

Dust and scratches (the effect called that in Premiere Pro has nothing to do with neither dust nor scratches and is buggy), different kinds of noise, dirty overlays, more noise, you get the picture. Thanks in advance!

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Re: Premiere Pro Old Movie plug-ins

Post by mirkosp » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:33 pm

For that kind of stuff effect generating doesn't work well, it's better to use textures. Some would suggest the Riot Gear, others would say it's terribly stock looking. So in actuality you're best off shooting some footage yourself and using it.

Emotive
...the Meditant
Org Profile

Post by Emotive » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:06 pm

Shooting stuff by myself for certain effects is actually a good idea, but I don't see what I could shoot or which still texture I could use to create, say, the dust & scratches effect most old films have. Unless I actually try to create it frame by frame from scratch. But I'm pretty damn sure there ought to be something out there that would save me the trouble, where I'd probably end up failing anyway..

Panky
Org Profile

Post by Panky » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:46 pm

If you can't find the plugin, just make use of a few effects and it will *somehow* look alike:
- Use Noise at about 6-10%
- Black & White
- Color Balance with blue midtone around -50%.-70%

Won't be perfect and % will depend on the sources, but it looks more like an old film.

Emotive
...the Meditant
Org Profile

Post by Emotive » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:39 am

Pankyy wrote:If you can't find the plugin, just make use of a few effects and it will *somehow* look alike:
- Use Noise at about 6-10%
- Black & White
- Color Balance with blue midtone around -50%.-70%

Won't be perfect and % will depend on the sources, but it looks more like an old film.
I do know the effects I already have enough to know how that would look - I just need "that something more" that premiere lacks..

I guess I'll end up resorting to After Effects once more, thanks for the suggestions though.

Return to “Adobe Software”