2010 VCAs - General Discussion

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Re: 2010 VCAs - General Discussion

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:19 am

It's probably best to ask this here since the schedule thread is locked... what timezone are the dates relative to? It's the 8th where about 2/3 of the world is standing right now, and no voting yet.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:32 am

Okay, am I imagining things or are there a lot more videos available to vote for this year? I don't remember scrolling this much. D:

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:55 am

Ileia wrote:Okay, am I imagining things or are there a lot more videos available to vote for this year? I don't remember scrolling this much. D:
this year, every single eligible video in the catalog was automatically put on the "ballot" for voting. If you already know which videos you want to nominate, its actually easier to click the "Edit" button at the top of you browser, then click "find [Ctrl + f]", and then type in the name of the video or editor. It saves a lot of time, and is without a doubt faster than scrolling through all of them.

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:02 am

kireblue wrote:
Ileia wrote:Okay, am I imagining things or are there a lot more videos available to vote for this year? I don't remember scrolling this much. D:
this year, every single eligible video in the catalog was automatically put on the "ballot" for voting. If you already know which videos you want to nominate, its actually easier to click the "Edit" button at the top of you browser, then click "find [Ctrl + f]", and then type in the name of the video or editor. It saves a lot of time, and is without a doubt faster than scrolling through all of them.

Yes, thank you, I know how to search a web page. :roll: I'm still scrolling because I might find videos I didn't remember but I still liked.

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:47 am

Making the contest opt-out helped at having more entries... the longer scrolling is a little price to pay for that. D;
And I'll x2 you about the remembering about vids I otherwise forgot about. :up:

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:52 am

As a heads' up, there's an SQL error if you try to vote for nobody in a category.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Knowname
Org Profile

Post by Knowname » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:33 pm

kireblue wrote:
is this the very definition of circle-jerking? I think so *_* lol

Ileia's got it right, but as you see, it's actually TOUGH to not 'circle-jerk' in such chaos lol. We just have too many videos, I mean it already took FOREVER to do all your entries before now it'll take longer? How many hours in the day do we all have?? As I said earlier we have too many categories (mostly pertaining to the ones where all videos are eligable ie most artistic/ best no effects etc.) I'd rather not spend half my month (and I mean 70%+ of every waking hour here) just to make sure I didn't forget any entries I might like?

In the journals there was a suggestion, the vca's are good for VIEWERS, but why do VIEWERS care about most artistic?? Seriously? Best no effects? maybe, but to cut down on time required I'd still categorize this as the later, nobody would care if it were gone. It was suggested that the VCAs should EXPAND, much like E3, have one event for the developer (editors) and one for the consumers (viewers). Would make coordinating much easier and less drama regarding circle jerking.

(as a side note the colors as to if you d/led the video or not are really hard to see on bright lcds :0 and who doesn't have a bright lcd in this day)
If you do not think so... you will DIE

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:32 pm

Knowname wrote:
kireblue wrote:
is this the very definition of circle-jerking? I think so *_* lol
Over the last few days, I must have spent at least 20+ hours reading just about every single post and update in all of the suggestion threads. And I've spent about another 5 hours watching new AMVs and skimming through the AMVs that I've already downloaded. So no, I'm not just searching for my favorite editors or "circles". But either way, I do take back what I said just a little bit. After searching for the videos that i wanted to nominate, I did scroll through all of the list to see if there any AMVs that weren't suggested over the last few days. I actually found a few that I'm really glad that I didn't forget to nominate.

For instance, I can't believe that "Avis" was completely left out of all the suggestion topics. More specifically, I can't believe that I forgot to suggest it. And I had no idea that "Naked Fairytale" and "Everything Burns" were both eligible for "best first videos". And "The World Ends Without you" is actually considered a collaboration. So there is definitely a serious benefit in scrolling through all the list.

Knowname
Org Profile

Post by Knowname » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:25 pm

so glad I pushed that :P though I got an EXTREMELY indirect answer lol that's 3 amvs I had missed before :)

I just hope my (and many others including Bauzi... he brought it up I think) suggestion doesn't go unnoticed.
If you do not think so... you will DIE

GloryQuestor
Moderation Hero
Org Profile

Post by GloryQuestor » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:13 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:As a heads' up, there's an SQL error if you try to vote for nobody in a category.
We'll see about getting that fixed. :)
Website Administrator, AnimeMusicVideos.Org
Samurai Warriors Productions
Pittsburgh Japanese Culture Society Events - AMV Department Head
Middle Tennessee Anime Convention - Main Events Operations Manager
Anime Weekend Atlanta - Senior Manager of Programming - Video Art Track

Return to “2010 AnimeMusicVideos.org Viewers' Choice Awards”