AMVbe 1.2 Now in Beta

If you have questions about compression/encoding/converting look here.
Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck
Org Profile

Re: AMVbe 1.0 Beta2 - Batch Converter for amvs (Need testers)

Post by Bakadeshi » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:07 pm

Corran wrote: Also, Is the PS3 console profile suppose to work in this build? I've added files to the queue but when I tell it to start nothing seems to happen. When I add the queued encodes to the batch job queue and have that start, all of the files instantly get the status "done".
oh right I didn't finish the ps3 section yet, so its currently disabled :oops: it'll take me a bit to release the next version because i'm redoing the code for the entire section that handles profiles and such to make it easier to edit and cutdown on unnessisary duplicate coding. i'm making it more modular so that i can change something once to effect all the profiles, rather than me having to change everything in each profile sperately, how I had it set up previously.

Vanity
Org Profile

Re: AMVbe 1.0 Beta2 - Batch Converter for amvs (Need testers)

Post by Vanity » Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:53 pm

my brain hurts reading all this :|....i'll grab this sounds useful! :up:

Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck
Org Profile

Re: AMVbe 1.1.alpha5 - Batch Converter for amvs

Post by Bakadeshi » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:16 am

Updated first post with new version.

This is mainly what I need testing for:

Iphone/Android profile, if any of the advance settings break the encode for the phone, and if the quality/speed slider works aswell.
Any Motorola Droid/ Google Nexus owners who want to help me create a higher quality profile to take full advantage of the phone's hardware, let me know aswell.

DVD loading also needs testing and any suggestions on the interface you want to give.

Keep in mind Job Batch processing doesn't yet work right with the new code. If you need batch processing stick with the old beta for now. (its included in the package, and should work with the new mencoder fine, except for the PSP profile. to get psp working no8x8dct needs to be added to the command line for the newer versions of mencoder.)

Corran
Org Profile

Re: AMVbe 1.1.alpha5 - Batch Encoder for anime and amvs

Post by Corran » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:49 pm

I set the type to Portable Devices -> Smart Phones, dragged Shattered Dreams into the input files area and hit Run Job. My computer dropped out of Aero mode, went back to Aero mode, and generated the following exception:

Code: Select all

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The system cannot find the file specified
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
   at AuN_FLV_Converter.globals.GetFrameSize(ProcessStartInfo p)
   at AuN_FLV_Converter.globals.GetAspect(String file)
   at AuN_FLV_Converter.globals.RunJobTask(String file, Int32 type, Int32 profile, Int32 Total, Int32 i, Int32 RunType, String MediaType)
   at AuN_FLV_Converter.Form1.Button1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
AMVbe
    Assembly Version: 1.1.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.1.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///F:/Desktop/AMVbe_1.1.Alpha5/AMVbe.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Further testing shows this happens regardless of the video file and profiles I choose.

I noticed that the program is somehow still using the configurations I setup in the previous beta, could this be related? The exception mentions that a file isn't found but I'm not sure what file it refers to.

Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:05 pm

I just came in here to post about that ;p

Its because I left an old subroutine in there that accessed ffmpeg.exe after i removed it from the package. I've reuploaded the package with the fixed exe file in it, and also added better error handling code to the runprocess subroutine so it will output the error to the log file if any files are missing in the future.

Just redownload the same link in the first post and all should be well.

The only thing I was still using ffmpeg for was to get the frame size and aspect ratios from files, but I found a much better/cleaner way to get that info using "Mplayer -identify -frames 0"

About the Aero thing, It seems like mplayer is causing that. Not sure why yet, but I'll try and find out if theres some way around that, but my dev machine is not windows7, so testing is a little harder for me. Its just a minor annoyance though, it doesn't effect the program functionally.

Update: Upon further research it appears it is the directx output driver for mplayer that causes aero to shutoff while mplayer is running. Try this version if you can and let me know if it still kicks you out of aero when encoding: http://www.shinrasoft.com/amvbe/amvbe.exe I added -vo null to the mplayer -identify command which hopefully should fix that by causing it to not use an output driver at all to get the information about the file.

Corran
Org Profile

Post by Corran » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:11 am

That fixes it, though it happens again right after the x264 encoding finishes. Are you extracting the audio with mplayer? You may need to update that section as well.

I tried encoding a video for my phone but when I play it back the screen stays black while the audio plays. The file plays back fine in Windows.

Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:33 pm

Ok I added 2 compatibility mode profiles in there, marked CM1 and CM2 with certain advanced features disabled, see if any of these play on your android.

http://www.shinrasoft.com/amvbe/amvbe.exe (it should be marked "Alpha 5.3")

Corran
Org Profile

Post by Corran » Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:42 pm

Hmm... both compatibility modes produce an image on the android, but neither in a good way.

CM1 renders on my phone at about 1 frame every 2-4 seconds with corruption noticeable on some frames.

CM2 renders at a good frame rate but there is a massive amount of corruption in playback. A large number of small squares appear randomly throughout playback and it sometimes appears as though a keyframe wasn't rendered at certain points.

The files from both modes play back fine on a computer.

These are the settings I've used for my phone in the past with no issues.

subme=6:analyse=p8x8,b8x8,i4x4,p4x4:no-ssim:no-cabac:pass=1:threads=auto

Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:55 am

Corran wrote: These are the settings I've used for my phone in the past with no issues.

subme=6:analyse=p8x8,b8x8,i4x4,p4x4:no-ssim:no-cabac:pass=1:threads=auto
does these settings work fine with the newest version of mencoder? (try them with the mencoder in my package for example...)

I've updated the .exe file again making the command closer to yours, (main difference was I had analyse=all and didn't have no-ssim) and took out some of the other flags to make them use the defaults. If none of the profiles still work, try the CM3 i added with bframes set to 0, Although android is supposed to support bframes, I just want to isolate the problem a little more. if it works on this, then it has to be one of the new bframe related options.

Also, have you tried it with the slider set to faster? (so it uses less aggressive subme, me, and ref settings, though I don't think this is the problem, as the default position should be the same as the older version that worked for you before. )

Also can you tell me what kind of phone you have and the software you are using to play video in android?

Corran
Org Profile

Post by Corran » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:51 pm

I dropped your version of mplayer into my batch encoder and the resulting video files were like the first ones I tested in your new alpha: no video, just audio; played fine on PC.

I'll try out CM3 if you still want me to, but with that test it seems now like the problem is not related.

On a config note, I used the analyze=all config option in my batch encoder (before swaping with your executables) and it resulted in an unplayable file on android.

The player I'm using is the Meridian player available on the android market. I've also tried using the original video player app that was first to the market when the phone came out. Neither player however performs software rendering, it is accomplished through a hardware decoder. Both players can still play videos I encode with with my encoder so nothing critical to video playback has changed via Android over-the-air updates.

EDIT: I just tried CM3 for the hell of it... and it works. Odd considering dropping in your executables into my encoder did not work for me. I guess some x264 default settings have changed since mplayer/mencoder revision 29355... I suppose that is very likely considering how long it has been since then. CM3 with the slider set to extreme works as well.

I converted a 25 minute episode though and the audio desync'd quickly. I'll try some other files later.

Return to “Conversion / Encoding Help”