musician appreciation (videos)

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

musician appreciation (videos)

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:23 am

I like to watch musicians I've never seen or heard play very well. I'm going to post a link to a video of a bassist, guitarist, and drummer that fascinates me to watch. I encourage people to do the same. Pretty amazing to watch some people play.

Tal Wilkenfeld and Jeff Beck play a bass duet on one bass - it doesn't hurt that she's cute
Jeff Loomis playing selections of Nevermore - his hands look skeletal
Gavin Harrison playing Plasson - drumming really picks up in the second half

And for piano lovers, La Campanella by Liszt
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.

downwithpants
BIG PICTURE person
Org Profile

Re: musician appreciation (videos)

Post by downwithpants » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:42 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoYpV_V5PZo
muse covered on the keyboard (multitrack)

Dr. Derpface, J.D.
Org Profile

Post by Dr. Derpface, J.D. » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:58 am

Tinnitus

<Fire_Starter> Stirspeare: college=failsauce?
<Stirspeare> Fire_Starter: Electoral college etc.

"Then you weeaboo faggots need to stop thinking that Japan is ZOMG awsmsauce where all ur waifu dreams come true."
-Kionon / Athena - January 12, 2010

Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:28 am

Wow, I want a hang drum. To keep up with cool instruments, but on the complete opposite spectrum, and entirely programmable, the Haken Continuum.
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.

Dr. Derpface, J.D.
Org Profile

Post by Dr. Derpface, J.D. » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:31 am

Apparently a hang is almost impossible to get. You have to write a letter to the makers, and they decide wether or not they will even sell one to you. I think they also reserve first refusal rights if you want to sell it (meaning they want you to sell it back to THEM to make sure you dont sell it for more than what you paid), and to top it all off, if you buy it secondhand and it needs re-tuning, they will flat out refuse unless you are the original owner.

Interesting instrument with a really awesome sound...but with as pretentious as they seem to be about who gets one, its almost like they dont WANT to sell them. :?
Tinnitus

<Fire_Starter> Stirspeare: college=failsauce?
<Stirspeare> Fire_Starter: Electoral college etc.

"Then you weeaboo faggots need to stop thinking that Japan is ZOMG awsmsauce where all ur waifu dreams come true."
-Kionon / Athena - January 12, 2010

Flame-X
Org Profile

Post by Flame-X » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:15 pm

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:37 pm

Alright, for odd instruments - here's one of those rare cases of my most favourite American and Russian musicians coming together over some crazy progressive electronic stuff:
Tony Levin (Chapman Stick), Sergei Klevensky (folk pipes), Alexander Cheparukhin (jembey), and others
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Return to “General Discussion”