2010 VCAs - General Discussion

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Re: 2010 VCAs - General Discussion

Post by mirkosp » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:52 am

Cap'n Toddenfreude wrote:Category suggestions!
Like I said, if GQ is fine... he's the one in charge. :P

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:44 pm

Brad wrote:Oh, also:
Castor Troy wrote:Speaking of circle jerking..

We need an RDS choice award because since I was the only one who made videos for RDS last year, I would win by default. 8-) :P
Liz made a video for AWA :o .... It just never got uploaded to the Org >_>
Oh crap, I forgot. :x
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:58 pm

mirkosp wrote:
If you guys had been following the amv announcements, that's likely the group that released the most videos throughout the year, and having a pretty high average quality of releases. :up:
Oh I have been following the AMV Announcement forum for some time; I just didn't realize a lot them were in that particular group.
ImageImage

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:34 pm

I don't know about circlejerk as far as voting, but where promotion is concerned - hey, I want people to show off stuff from their studio/circle/country. The AMV community is still both relatively huge and lives in clusters. We're not by any means one whole "scene", as much as the .org might like it to be. So by all means, considering so many of us rotate in the same sort of scene - I think it's a good thing if, at this stage, people draw attention to stuff from their own circle, stuff they watched from people they worked with over the last year, because that exposes it to people outside the circle and allows a better comparison. The more general exposure, the better.

Thanks to those who've already posted and x2'ed videos that I would otherwise probably not even see...
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:54 pm

The Origonal Head Hunter wrote:Any possibility of getting a rar of the preliminary videos? You know, so we have a complete look at the competition?
Wouldn't that be basically every video made in 2009? That's a rather large rar.
mirkosp wrote:Well, not everybody is elitist on the org... <.<
Maybe, the those non-elitist worthless pricks don't count. Only my opinion counts for anything. That's why I started my own contest.
Otohiko wrote:I don't know about circlejerk as far as voting, but where promotion is concerned - hey, I want people to show off stuff from their studio/circle/country. The AMV community is still both relatively huge and lives in clusters. We're not by any means one whole "scene", as much as the .org might like it to be. So by all means, considering so many of us rotate in the same sort of scene - I think it's a good thing if, at this stage, people draw attention to stuff from their own circle, stuff they watched from people they worked with over the last year, because that exposes it to people outside the circle and allows a better comparison. The more general exposure, the better.
QFT. Since the entire thing is a circle jerk anyway, it should at least be a circle jerk that brings some decent vids to my attention. Nothing wrong with self promotion really, within moderation. I mean a member who respected the community would *NOT* pimp stupid jokes in posts where it's totally irrelevant for no reason other than to feed their already bloated ego. Godix for most helpful.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:30 pm

You know, a bunch of people have mentioned this , but I guess it's obvious that people get a LOT of videos around this time each year. I've heard many people say "HEY! I've found x number of great videos I didn't know existed!".

I think a great thing would to have an entire forum area [underneath the 2010 ANimeMusicVideos.org Viewers' Choice Awards] dedicated to sharing every video [or the videos you think are good enough] you've made in the year. I know we have the self-promotion thread, but that's more about promoting yourself to the Choice Awards. I think this would be a great place for people that don't necessarily want to pimp out their vids for the VCA's, but still share them for people who'd like to see your progress over the year.

Plus, the people who get screwed in the announcements forum has a place to retry, and unknown people would have a place to get their work seen, and not be overpowered by the more well known editors.

I mean, to be honest, I haven't even HEARD of some of these people that are getting nominated in the VCA's, and while I could just go through their profiles, I'd still probably miss some people here and there, and it helps if people can talk about each other's year of editing, and have it up until like the end of VCA's.

Bauzi
Location: Austria (uhm the other country without kangaroos^^)
Org Profile

Post by Bauzi » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:27 pm

Well... I don't know.

What I know is that I download more amvs today than I did the whole 2009 :o and I love all those suggestion threads. They give me a lot of great videos to enjoy :up: I don't want this threads to be gone after the VCA :( I would like to have a read only forum where I can still look up for other suggestions of great vids in 2009. Admins... please make such a VCA forum archive :o
You can find me on YT under "Bauzi514". Subscribe to never miss my AMV releases. :amv:

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:56 pm

Bauzi wrote:Well... I don't know.

What I know is that I download more amvs today than I did the whole 2009 :o and I love all those suggestion threads. They give me a lot of great videos to enjoy :up: I don't want this threads to be gone after the VCA :( I would like to have a read only forum where I can still look up for other suggestions of great vids in 2009. Admins... please make such a VCA forum archive :o
Well all the VCA forums are still archived. I guess they could technically be brought back up as read-only... but it pretty much defies the point of the suggestions forum.

Bauzi
Location: Austria (uhm the other country without kangaroos^^)
Org Profile

Post by Bauzi » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:02 pm

mirkosp wrote:
Bauzi wrote:Well... I don't know.

Well all the VCA forums are still archived. I guess they could technically be brought back up as read-only... but it pretty much defies the point of the suggestions forum.
Don't think so. Let us celebrate all the good videos of one year! We can have both. Best videos of a year and genre and best videos of a specific anime.
You can find me on YT under "Bauzi514". Subscribe to never miss my AMV releases. :amv:

Fall_Child42
has a rock
Org Profile

Post by Fall_Child42 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:15 pm

Two things.

One.
Howabout istead of bringing up the suggestion threads... you just make the past years VCA winners and Runner Ups list easily available.

Like you could just have one thread that lists and links them all.

That way instead of detracting from the suggestion forum, it just makes it easier to Access the lists, (and it would be attached to the forum instead of the site) (digging through the main page links is kind of a hassle.)

TWO.
The category names are boring.
Can we change them? "Best Comedy" would be something like "The sugeon generals award for causing the most split sides and knee contusions as a result of hardy slaps"

Best Drama would become "The Eldrick T. Woods award for I hope he doesn't get caught in the field of playing the game."

Return to “2010 AnimeMusicVideos.org Viewers' Choice Awards”