A-M-V.org: The Musical MEP--Project Extended, Editors wanted

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
DarkSchneider
Org Profile

A-M-V.org: The Musical MEP--Project Extended, Editors wanted

Post by DarkSchneider » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:10 am

"I can finally afford to see a broadway Show...Great Big Stuff" - Dirty Rotten Scoundrels

Well, the interest guage step has ran its course. Now it's time to officially open this MEP.

So what is a-m-v.org The Musical MEP? Well, in recent years, we've seen movies made in musical form that are big hits, even remakes. Some are original(Across the Universe, High School Musical) & some are Remakes (Sweeny Todd, Mamma Mia), and even in my neck of the woods, everytime I've passed by the Pantages Theater area in LA, I've always seemed to notice that something was turned into a musical. And then I thought, well lets try an AMV MEP that's just like that.

a-m-v.org the Musical will be a compilation of selected tracks from anything deemed a musical. From the oldest to the most recent, whether it be a Movie, Stage or Broadway musical, paired with the anime of their choice. Musicals don't always mean that every word out of the mouth is a song though, so don't think you're restrained in your choice. It's pretty simple, and can also be fun.

Beta Deadline - June 1st, 2010.
Deadline for Project - June 15th, 2010.

Video Specs:
720x480 Video Resolution
PCM Audio(Uncompressed)
29.97 fps
Allowable Codecs: AVI, MPG, MP4

Rules:

Song source must be from a Musical(ex. Cats, Mamma Mia, Grease, etc.) whether it be Stage or Movie.
No Hentai Allowed!
Track length is minimum of 30 Seconds and a Maximum of 60 seconds, with additional time to be determined depending on the track(in case ending doesn't fit well).
Every Participating Editor has a choice to do 1 or 2 tracks, but no more.
Only 3 songs from the same source are allowed(ex. if 3 songs from Mamma Mia are chosen overall, songs from source can no longer be used by other editors).
Projected Total Length of MEP approximately: 13-15 minutes

Confirmed Tracks:

DarkSchneider - Code Geass/Epiphany from "Sweeny Todd(Movie)

Code - "Awaiting Track Info"

Angelyco - A Certain Magical Index/(How do you solve a problem like)Maria from The Sound of Music

Nygamatech Enterprises - Maria Holic/Luck be a Lady from Guys and Dolls - "Beta Recieved"
Soul Eater/Facade from Jekyll and Hide

Amo-Chan - Toward the Terra/One Day More from Les Miserables -Beta & Final Recieved-
Ponyo/You'll be in my Heart from Tarzan -Beta Recieved-

All that remains is for everyone that has expressed interest in the Interest Guage to confirm their participation if they're still on for joining. And of course I'll also accept anyone that wishes to join. Just post in this thread what you have in mind to do your track on(i.e. Anime & Song Combo & Where the song comes from) or you can either PM me as well the same info.
Last edited by DarkSchneider on Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:21 am, edited 11 times in total.

Kaream
Org Profile

Re: A-M-V.org: The Musical MEP

Post by Kaream » Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:34 am

Im down for it.

EvaFan
Org Profile

Post by EvaFan » Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:23 am

I'm not sure whether or not you've talked about it in the last thread or not but you've forgotten to list project specs. PAR, DAR, video size, fps, etc, just so you know. Most people who are still considering joining are going to want to know this stuff before they even decide to join.
"The people cannot be [...] always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to [...] the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to public liberty. What country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned [...] that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson

DarkSchneider
Org Profile

Post by DarkSchneider » Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:26 am

Eva-Fan wrote:I'm not sure whether or not you've talked about it in the last thread or not but you've forgotten to list project specs. PAR, DAR, video size, fps, etc, just so you know. Most people who are still considering joining are going to want to know this stuff before they even decide to join.
Thanks for reminding me.

Angelyco
Org Profile

Post by Angelyco » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:33 am

Still need to know frame rate specs :)
ImageImage
ImageImage

Nygmatech Enterprises
Org Profile

Post by Nygmatech Enterprises » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:57 am

WOOHOO!

DarkSchneider
Org Profile

Post by DarkSchneider » Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:09 pm

Angelyco wrote:Still need to know frame rate specs :)
Again, thanks. It was late when I finally posted this.

Emotive
...the Meditant
Org Profile

Post by Emotive » Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:28 pm

Catchy idea, I might be interested in joining at some point later on.

DarkSchneider
Org Profile

Post by DarkSchneider » Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:47 am

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

Nygmatech Enterprises
Org Profile

Post by Nygmatech Enterprises » Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:18 pm

Happy New Year!

Oh, and a question. What are the rules on letterboxed footage?

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”