Mcafee has you red flagged

OtakuOutpost
Org Profile

Mcafee has you red flagged

Post by OtakuOutpost » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:16 pm

Mcafee Site Advisor has your site flagged as distributing a trojan within the file AMVapp1_02b.exe.

Not sure if this is a false positive or if its true. Might want to double check that.
<a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... 459">Visit My Profile</a>
<a href="http://www.otakuoutpost.com">Otaku Outpost dot Com</a>

Revenant Death
Org Profile

Re: Mcafee has you red flagged

Post by Revenant Death » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:54 pm

Probably bullshit if you ask me, I had a problem last year with Google's "website crippling service", where they were basically locking people out from being able to access *ANY* of my websites due to the fact that "one of them looked suspicious"...of course they didn't exactly ~say~ which "one" it was, nor *HOW* it was suspicious, and it certainly didn't stop them from effectively shutting down about three dozen different websites and domains I host, even going so far as to block access to things like direct image links...all because of *ONE* supposedly "suspicious" HTML file (of which there were literally thousands on my server).

It took me about two months to straighten the whole mess out and I got them to fork over five thousand bucks for my troubles, but it was still a major pain in the ass, not to mention it clearly showed that they have unilateral control over basically the entire world wide web itself and could effectively shut down any website(s) they liked, for really no reason at all. And really, the only reason they even chose to cooperate with me was because I had a lawyer who basically told them they would be forking over millions if they didn't fix the situation...like right fucking then. For those who don't have any legal backing though, well...they can pretty well screw you over on a whim.
lbh unq n fvt ohg V ngrq vg ;_;

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:24 pm

OtakuOutpost wrote:Mcafee Site Advisor has your site flagged as distributing a trojan within the file AMVapp1_02b.exe.

Not sure if this is a false positive or if its true. Might want to double check that.
I'm fairly sure this is old news... and why the heck are we still distributing AMVapp1_02b.exe anyway? Is that still linked to from anywhere?
This page is from the oldest version of the A/V tech guide that I know is still hosted, and it links to version 2.1... so where is the link to 1.02 still coming from?
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

LantisEscudo
Org Profile

Post by LantisEscudo » Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:30 pm

Scintilla wrote:
OtakuOutpost wrote:Mcafee Site Advisor has your site flagged as distributing a trojan within the file AMVapp1_02b.exe.

I'm fairly sure this is old news... and why the heck are we still distributing AMVapp1_02b.exe anyway? Is that still linked to from anywhere?
This page is from the oldest version of the A/V tech guide that I know is still hosted, and it links to version 2.1... so where is the link to 1.02 still coming from?
The old guide is still hosted here, and is reachable from the "mk1" link under the guide description.

Bauzi
Location: Austria (uhm the other country without kangaroos^^)
Org Profile

Post by Bauzi » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:12 pm

Mr. Mc Affee doesn't know what's good :amv:
You can find me on YT under "Bauzi514". Subscribe to never miss my AMV releases. :amv:

OtakuOutpost
Org Profile

Post by OtakuOutpost » Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:25 pm

The bad part for me is that my work is logging that I'm choosing to visit a website that has a "known threat". That looks somewhat irresponsible on my part and calls attention to my web surfing habbits at work. That's not really a good thing for me.

Its not blocked by it per say, but it is logging that I'm choosing to ignore the warning provided. My company may choose later to block your site entirely and that would pretty much make for a sad christmas.
<a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... 459">Visit My Profile</a>
<a href="http://www.otakuoutpost.com">Otaku Outpost dot Com</a>

Panky
Org Profile

Post by Panky » Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:50 pm

The better solution would be to send a message to Mcafee asking to "re-review" the site. Almost sure that just asking for it will make it a trusted site, even if they are willing to really check the site out manually.

Dar
yuri addict
Org Profile

Post by Dar » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:48 pm

i misread that as McCafe lol. now i want a coffee drink :(

hasteroth
lost the bet
Org Profile

Post by hasteroth » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:19 pm

Dar wrote:i misread that as McCafe lol. now i want a coffee drink :(
Me too, french vanilla is nice.
<Hacchinya> Stirspeare: ambassador of gaysex
<Stirspeare> Hacchinya: God's own ambassador.

Return to “Site Help & Feedback”