Sony Vegas Project Crash (Error) Please Help

For help and discussion concerning the Sony Vegas software.

Sony Vegas Project Crash (Error) Please Help

Postby Kaream » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:56 pm

When I try to open my Sony Vegas Project "Death Note Stay Forever", I get this error sign when it opens upto 9% saying "An exception error has occurred. And the only option i had is to press ok, which makes Sony Vegas Close.

I didn't bother Re-installing/Uninstalling because I have gave the project to a couple of friends to to see if it will open, thus they get the same error.
I worked alot on this project, please help :(

Sony Vegas Project - http://www.sendspace.com/file/3fhepp
The Error - http://www.sendspace.com/file/ikvf9s (This is the error code i got when i clicked "more details".
I am using Sony Vegas 8 Pro.

-Here's a Snip-
Kaream

Re: Sony Vegas Project Crash (Error) Please Help

Postby Panky » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:39 pm

If I were you, I would try to update quicktime files. It seems the errors are from there. I don't understand why the project wouldn't work to another people, when they wouldn't (I guess) even have the imported files or the cached previews. The problem must be either the importing plugins are corrupted (quicktime, apparently) or there is a problem with the cached preview files, you should try to delete them (I am an adobe user, so I wouldn't know if this could be the problem in this case).
Try those 2 things, maybe it will work out.
Panky

Postby Kaream » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:17 pm

Pankyy wrote:If I were you, I would try to update quicktime files. It seems the errors are from there. I don't understand why the project wouldn't work to another people, when they wouldn't (I guess) even have the imported files or the cached previews. The problem must be either the importing plugins are corrupted (quicktime, apparently) or there is a problem with the cached preview files, you should try to delete them (I am an adobe user, so I wouldn't know if this could be the problem in this case).

I tried both of those things. Nothing works :(
Kaream

Postby Enigma » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:40 pm

SupaKaream wrote:
Pankyy wrote:If I were you, I would try to update quicktime files. It seems the errors are from there. I don't understand why the project wouldn't work to another people, when they wouldn't (I guess) even have the imported files or the cached previews. The problem must be either the importing plugins are corrupted (quicktime, apparently) or there is a problem with the cached preview files, you should try to delete them (I am an adobe user, so I wouldn't know if this could be the problem in this case).

Delete Win32
Enigma
That jolly ol' bastid

Postby Kaream » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:02 am

Soup wrote:
SupaKaream wrote:

Delete Win32

...-.-
Kaream

Postby Enigma » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:28 am

SupaKaream wrote:
Soup wrote:
SupaKaream wrote:Try those 2 things, maybe it will work out.

Delete Win32

...-.-[/quote]

Ok, Take a hammer and smash your PC with it, Then set it on fire and see if it gets fixed.
Enigma
That jolly ol' bastid

Postby Panky » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:09 pm

Hmm, why don't you download the Vegas 9.0 to finish editing the video? If I'm not wrong, there is a 30-days trial you can try. Chances are the thing is going to work in that version, and you will be able to finish editing it in 30 days. That's one of the others things I can think of.
Panky

Postby Kaream » Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:55 am

Pankyy wrote:Hmm, why don't you download the Vegas 9.0 to finish editing the video? If I'm not wrong, there is a 30-days trial you can try. Chances are the thing is going to work in that version, and you will be able to finish editing it in 30 days. That's one of the others things I can think of.

hmm, i can give it a shot thanks :)
Kaream

Postby Kaream » Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:56 am

Soup wrote:
SupaKaream wrote:
Ok, Take a hammer and smash your PC with it, Then set it on fire and see if it gets fixed.

Or i could just do system restore..
Kaream

Postby Enigma » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:23 am

double post is double
Enigma
That jolly ol' bastid

Postby anime 2005 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:36 pm

I have the same problem. when I try to extract AMV and change the proprties to make it under certain compressed (like Xivid+MP3) :evil: the error occure :evil:

even when I try to import video file same error and S.V close :evil:

I'm gonna instal sony vegas pro 9 and see if everything will be fine :sweat: >> hope so :cry:
anime 2005

Postby Enigma » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:42 pm

[b]NEVER[b] export videos with distribution codec's, Export them with uncompressed, lagarith or huffyuv then use a program like VirtualDub/Mod or Zarx264gui to encode it
Enigma
That jolly ol' bastid

Postby Enigma » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:42 pm

Soup wrote:NEVER export videos with distribution codec's, Export them with uncompressed, lagarith or huffyuv then use a program like VirtualDub/Mod or Zarx264gui to encode it

;__; bold fail
Enigma
That jolly ol' bastid

Postby shawnnm2 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:36 pm

The same thing happen to me ONCE in a while not all the time sometimes it must be no reason when i think about it.
shawnnm2

Return to Sony Vegas