X Ghosts - Project Started (OPEN)

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
Bauzi
Location: Austria (uhm the other country without kangaroos^^)
Org Profile

Re: X Ghosts - Project Started

Post by Bauzi » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:36 am

mirkosp wrote:
Bauzi wrote:Personally I searched a lot for soft subs version of Ergo Proxy in HD to buy on the internet. Maybe somebody has done it already. :| I'll try to find something for you.
Protip: ergo proxy was released on DVD only in japan from what I can see. Any and every HD release is an upscale, likely from a TV raw even - a less than perfect choice.
Mhm... I think you made a typo. Didn't you mean Bluray? I remeber one HDTV rip that didn't looked that bad. I'll check it out again when I have time for it. Thx for pointing out!

Does somebody maybe know a good process to upscale footage? Some sort of Avisynth methods? :|

@Dar: The source has a nice drawing style. I'll note you when you decided for a track.

@Code: Cardcaptor Sakura is also avaible in 720p? I didn't know that. I look forward to your track. Good look with the colour corrections!
You can find me on YT under "Bauzi514". Subscribe to never miss my AMV releases. :amv:

Scott Green
Greenwhore
Org Profile

Post by Scott Green » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:17 am

bahhh, 720p narrows down my footage a lotlotlot.....
ohwell I'll just observe and see what goes on and what's possible for me....

anyway just wanted to note that there are in fact Ghosts 37 and Ghosts 38....
Those two tracks were a hidden bonus on the limited editions of Ghosts I-IV....
Anyway I can upload them if there's interest!!!

Orestes
Org Profile

Post by Orestes » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:58 am

I'm interested, but I don't have a track in mind atm.
As for an anime, Rebuild of Evangelion.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:10 am

Bauzi wrote: @Code: Cardcaptor Sakura is also avaible in 720p? I didn't know that. I look forward to your track. Good look with the colour corrections!
Oh wait. Upon futher review, I realize I was a twit and this won't be possible with Sakura [doesn't fit the conditions of the video quality]. Sawright though, better to have found out now than later. I'll look over my collection, but I doubt I have anything to meet the conditions. So let Ghosts 1 back open.

Bauzi
Org Profile

Post by Bauzi » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:22 am

Scott Green wrote: anyway just wanted to note that there are in fact Ghosts 37 and Ghosts 38....
Those two tracks were a hidden bonus on the limited editions of Ghosts I-IV....
Anyway I can upload them if there's interest!!!
fu.... I missed them. Can you provide us with lossless versions of the songs?

If my Avisynth wouldn't have been down at the moment I probably would have tested some upscalling processes. Damn
You can find me on YT under "Bauzi514". Subscribe to never miss my AMV releases. :amv:

Vivaldi
Polemic Apologist
Org Profile

Post by Vivaldi » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:59 am

Bauzi wrote:
Does somebody maybe know a good process to upscale footage? Some sort of Avisynth methods? :|
avisynth can upscale footage just fine if enough care is taken. Check out the crisis core footage from LA's . IIRC it was originally 320p.

Haven't decided on a track yet, if haze is really taking all rebuilds of evangelion I'll tenitivallyy select Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade.
<Kenzichu> HAHAHA!!
<Kenzichu> everyone died!

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:26 pm

Bauzi wrote:
mirkosp wrote:
Bauzi wrote:Personally I searched a lot for soft subs version of Ergo Proxy in HD to buy on the internet. Maybe somebody has done it already. :| I'll try to find something for you.
Protip: ergo proxy was released on DVD only in japan from what I can see. Any and every HD release is an upscale, likely from a TV raw even - a less than perfect choice.
Mhm... I think you made a typo. Didn't you mean Bluray? I remeber one HDTV rip that didn't looked that bad. I'll check it out again when I have time for it. Thx for pointing out!
No I meant DVD, as in, the blurays were never released from what I can see on cdjapan. Which means that the HDTV broadcast was just an upscale.

Code: Select all

nnedi2_rpow2(2,2,3,true,"spline36resize",1280,720)
Followed by some sharpening... possibly with lsfmod, and maybe a slight bit of awarpsharping...

Enigma
That jolly ol' bastid
Org Profile

Post by Enigma » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:05 pm

If there is any problem with getting 720p upscaled Ergo i can always use my ripped 720p DMC Cutscenes :x.

Bauzi
Org Profile

Post by Bauzi » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:18 pm

I want to try this upscalling. Just for the sake of beeing a freak :lol:

@mirko:
I'm happy to correct you. The DVDs are already released in other areas too. The german speaking area has a DVD release since almost 1 year.

Thanks for providing codes. I will definatly try them.

My sig-code for shameless advertising (copy+paste for forums):

Code: Select all

[size=50][url=http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=97669][img]http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/2306/xgbanner1oh.png[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=97669][img]http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/9052/xgbanner1uh.png[/img][/url][/size]
EDIT:
Oh my god... Does anybody know the registry pointer of Avisynth that points to the plug in directory? I would like to know it :|
So I'm very limited with Avisynth, but Lanczos4Resize(1280,720) already gave me surprisingly good results. I'm pretty sure we will figure a pleasend method for resizing.

EDIT²:
Oh no! It's nnedi2 again! Once again I can't get nnedi2_rpow work. I've downloaded and used nnedi2.dll from this site:
http://web.missouri.edu/~kes25c/

Bauzi
Org Profile

Post by Bauzi » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:34 pm

http://www.revisionfx.com/products/twixtor/gallery/

Everybody who is interested in using Twixtor should have a look into this gallery. Especially the first example is impressive. The website says it was recorded in free form. I guess they mean regular 25fps or something.

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”