Mac User: From DVD to Final Cut Pro

For discussion on Mac software and video editing on Mac computers.
Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Re: Funimation DVD Rip - FMA (Already Read sticky)

Post by Kionon » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:36 am

This is a mac question. Please post in the right forum! You already had a thread, you did not need to start another one! I'm not trying to be overly harsh here, and I am happy to help out another mac editor, but please obey forum etiquette. Let me look into the angles situation with Mac The Ripper, and I will get back to you.

From now on, please post in the correct forum, in the thread you have already made, and if there is a part about the stickies you do not understand, please ask there. I will be more than happy to do so. In the mean time, I am going to ask that this be merged with your earlier thread.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Re: Funimation DVD Rip - FMA (Already Read sticky)

Post by Scintilla » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:24 pm

JonnyPhoenyx wrote:
Scintilla wrote:Probably alternate angles (I remember this being a problem other people here had with FMA): You have to rip each episode separately (in IFO mode), and select only the angle you want.
I saw how to get to the angles in MTR 3.0, how do i know which ones are the ones I want tho? Will it still rip as a .vob?
It should still rip as a .VOB (I've never used any Mac ripper, but I can't imagine it would rip it as anything else if it doesn't usually). If you're not using the part of the episode that's different between the Japanese and English versions (which is usually only the opening/ending sequences and possibly the eyecatch), then it doesn't matter which angle you pick. But if you do need those sections, then I guess you'd probably have to rip it with one angle and see if that was the one you wanted, and if not, re-rip it with the other one.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Return to “Mac Software”