How to rip PS2 FMV files - Step by Step Guide.

A forum for assistance with capturing or ripping footage from various media sources.
ninaxyz
Org Profile

Re: How to rip PS2 FMV files - Step by Step Guide.

Post by ninaxyz » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:52 am

What is the correct way to print a prepaid UPS label? So I need to return an item back to Newegg, they sent me a link to a prepaid UPS label. To be honest I've never used their service before so I do not know how to use this label? Is there a guideline to using them or something? Like specific size? Paper? Or I can just print it to a big A4 paper using my Inkjet printer and tape it to the side of the box and bring it to the nearest UPS store and drop it off?

spotza
Org Profile

Post by spotza » Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:59 pm

I'm trying to rip the FMVs from FFX. I got as far as step 3. After the scanning was done, there were no mpg files found. Ideas?

Mools
Org Profile

Post by Mools » Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:34 pm

Hey, thanks for making this guide, but I'm having some troubles...

I'm trying to rip FF7: Dirge of Cerberus, and I was able to do the DVD decrypter part, and split the ISO's ok in File Splitter, but when I go to Nova Software Extractor, it never detects any MPG's whenever I scan my files.

Is there a way to trouble shoot this? Please help and thank you. ^^;

Enigma
That jolly ol' bastid
Org Profile

Re:

Post by Enigma » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:29 pm

mitsukai212 wrote:HUGS FOR CASTRO... RIGHT HERE... LOL
Mad Props man! I pray I'll be as knowledgable as you some day

T_T *tears of happiness*
:amv:

MaggIvy
Org Profile

Post by MaggIvy » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:07 pm

spotza wrote:I'm trying to rip the FMVs from FFX. I got as far as step 3. After the scanning was done, there were no mpg files found. Ideas?
Use the FFX FMV ripper. This will work for x-2 bot not X, I think.

yunaheartilly
Org Profile

Post by yunaheartilly » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:00 am

maybe 2 handy tips:

I have both pal FFX and FFX2 <----- if you have that, then you can't rip the fmv, [MOD 403: redacted] make sure they are NTSC (i did this after i found out that no files were found with the ripper)

When you did download the correct versions (ntsc) then you should be able to rip them with ffx2mov (for ffx) and FFX_Mov_extractor (yeah looks the other way around, i know.. but those are the correct programs for them)

For FFX2: Then use PSS demux after you got the .pss files to convert them to m2v files.
If you are familiar with Avisynth or even if you're not(ill explain fast):
- Download AMVapp (which is found at animemusicvideos.org under guides)
- Open up Avsp(not sure if it works if you didnt instal amvapp, you can try to download avsp and avisynth seperatly but im not sure if the codecs are included then)
- In Avsp: open up the m2v file (make sure you make him look for all files or avsp wont find the m2v file, it will just look for scripts) it will look like this:
DirectShowSource("F:\FFVIII fmv\FFX2 FMV\ffx-2\Movies\0001.m2v")

- Press F5 And a preview window will pop up
- Right under the preview window you will see an arrow which is pointed "right" "=>" click on it and your video will open in Virtualdub (yeah you need that too, its included in AMVapp though)
- Under "video" go to "fast recompress " and under "compression" set it to Lagarith, which is a lossless codec.
- then save to avi and name it.
- tadaa ready for import in vegas or whatever.

If any questions PM me

[MOD 403: Talking about illegal downloads is against the org <a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=289">Forum Rules</a>]

MaggIvy
Org Profile

Post by MaggIvy » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:44 pm

For all those waiting for the KH1 Extractor...just in case the thread slips from the first page.

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/v ... 44&t=96500

MiharuEndoh
Org Profile

Post by MiharuEndoh » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:51 am

Hello.
I hope that this thread is still active and someone can maybe help me.
I always have the same problem with this. I have the PAL versions of all games, so I didn't even try to use those. I downloaded the NTSC versions then and there my problem begins, until now with FFX, FFX-2 and Dirge of Ceberus.
I put the ISO into the File Splitter. But the files that come out are not .pss files. They're just empty files and in their properties only stand 1-File.

I don't know how that comes ...

nabaraski
Org Profile

Post by nabaraski » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:52 am

How do I connect Mikomi DVD recorder to Freeview that has just one scart lead? I can connect the DVD recorder and watch a DVD, I was also able to get the DVD recorder to find analogue channels, but I am having no luck getting it to recognise my Freeview box and record satellite channels. It is a Mikomi DS-8668 and the Freeview box is the smaller kind with one scart socket. I have got three scart leads and some RF cables to work with, but everything I've tried seems to fail. Hope someone knows! Thanks!

mik_y
Org Profile

Post by mik_y » Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:37 pm

Hi,

All my games are the PAL version,

I rip the FMVs from Final Fantasy X-2 but now I'm trying to rip the FMVs from FFX. After the scanning process from Nova software extractor, there were no mpg files found.

And work this guide for Fatal Frame, Kingdom Hearts or other games too?

Return to “Capturing / Ripping Help”