CS3 can't import MP3 files?

Fuzzy Chickens
Org Profile

CS3 can't import MP3 files?

Post by Fuzzy Chickens » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:00 am

I'm playing with Adobe Premiere Pro CS3 and it doesn't want to import MP3 files. Was this feature removed from Premiere Pro, or is my computer just being a bitch?

Emotive
...the Meditant
Org Profile

Re: CS3 can't import MP3 files?

Post by Emotive » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:46 am

Your computer's being a bitch. I've worked with mp3 files on CS3 on at least 2 different videos on 2 different laptops.

Can you listen to the mp3 files in question normally? Have you tried importing many different mp3s or does it just happen to a specific file or group of files?

Enigma
That jolly ol' bastid
Org Profile

Post by Enigma » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:18 am

If all hope fails(like CS4 did with me)get Audacity and import your .Mp3 file and convert it too .wav.

Qyot27
Surreptitious fluffy bunny
Org Profile

Post by Qyot27 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:35 pm

My profile on MyAnimeList | Quasistatic Regret: yeah, yeah, I finally got a blog

Emotive
...the Meditant
Org Profile

Post by Emotive » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:30 pm

That always seemed like an outdated instruction to me, I've never had even a minor problem editing with mp3s (even though nowadays I mostly rip .wav's from albums for better quality anyway).

NS
I like pants
Org Profile

Post by NS » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:58 pm

sometimes they work sometimes they don't. Just how it is. Much easier to just assume you should use a .wav and get on with the project.

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:31 pm

Emotive wrote:
That always seemed like an outdated instruction to me, I've never had even a minor problem editing with mp3s (even though nowadays I mostly rip .wav's from albums for better quality anyway).
wav:mp3=lagarith:divx
That should clear the doubt.

Emotive
...the Meditant
Org Profile

Post by Emotive » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:56 pm

mirkosp wrote:
Emotive wrote:
wav:mp3=lagarith:divx
That should clear the doubt.
I wouldn't say it's equivalent. Even on my old PC I could edit nice and fast with a lagarith+mp3 combination without noticing any difference from a lagarith+wav combination. Problems only arised when I tried editing with xvid/divx, but the problems were the same whether I used mp3 or wav in that case.

Of course we have 2 people in this thread who couldn't edit with mp3 at all which Is a valid problem, just saying that I've never had problems in my 5-6 years of personal experience..

And holy shit, that just made me realise I've been in the hobby for 5-6 years, around 3 of which I was on the .org. Infact it was my 3rd year anniversary on the site this very month.

I love you guise. ;_;

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:17 pm

That's kind of the point. Divx works fine for some people, but doesn't for others. Same with mp3.

Fuzzy Chickens
Org Profile

Post by Fuzzy Chickens » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:52 pm

Well, I'd obviously prefer to work with .wav files, but all of my .wav files went down with the hard drive that they were on, and my actual CD collection is somewhere in my storage unit. Also, I can't find any wav or ISO files of the song/album that I want on [Redacted]

Doesn't matter anymore, though. I nuked my hard drive and reinstalled Pro 1.5

Return to “Video Editing Software”