Noob question - Framerates

Discussion and help related to Adobe video software goes here. e.x. Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.
Kazemon15
Org Profile

Noob question - Framerates

Post by Kazemon15 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:26 pm

This may seem like a noob question, but I never really had any need to change my project settings...until now.

How do I change the framerate in my settings? I use Adobe Premiere Elements 1.0 and I tried to change the Timebase, which is at 29.97 to 30 or 23-whatever fps. The setting is locked and I cant do anything to change it at all. I also tried Vegas, Adobe Premiere Pro 6.5 and Elements 3.0. All of them are locked...

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Re: Noob question - Framerates

Post by mirkosp » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:35 pm

Premiere 6.5 is not a pro version. O.o

Anyway, yeah, framerate is a locked voice for premiere projects, along with resolution and a buncha other things. It's unlocked in older versions (6.x for example), and in CS4 it can be different for every sequence.
Vegas should be unlocked however (dunno why it apparently isn't for you), and so should be in After Effects, so might want to try those instead - AE sounds like a good solution since you should be able to import the premiere project, albeit, being it an elements project, I can't be sure...

Kazemon15
Org Profile

Post by Kazemon15 » Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:40 am

mirkosp wrote:Premiere 6.5 is not a pro version. O.o

Anyway, yeah, framerate is a locked voice for premiere projects, along with resolution and a buncha other things. It's unlocked in older versions (6.x for example), and in CS4 it can be different for every sequence.
Vegas should be unlocked however (dunno why it apparently isn't for you), and so should be in After Effects, so might want to try those instead - AE sounds like a good solution since you should be able to import the premiere project, albeit, being it an elements project, I can't be sure...
Oops, I accidently typed "pro" after Premiere. XD

Yeah it's not a pro version.

I tried what you said....and then I found out that my Elements can't change them. << And I don't know anything about Vegas or AE yet. My friend suggested Adobe Premiere 7, so I'm going to try that. Thanks for replying. =3

Bauzi
Location: Austria (uhm the other country without kangaroos^^)
Org Profile

Post by Bauzi » Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:56 am

I suggest (if it's a suitable solution for you):
Finish the project, render out a lossless, make a new lossless encode with a different framerate
You can find me on YT under "Bauzi514". Subscribe to never miss my AMV releases. :amv:

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:54 am

I've always heard that you can make a new sequence with the new framerate, then just import your old sequence into that sequence.

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:29 pm

Pro can adjust everything on the fly. :up:
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Bauzi
Location: Austria (uhm the other country without kangaroos^^)
Org Profile

Post by Bauzi » Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:36 pm

Zarxrax wrote:I've always heard that you can make a new sequence with the new framerate, then just import your old sequence into that sequence.
I once pasted a 24fps sequence content into a 60fps sequence out of curiosity in CS4. It wasn't perfectly inserted, but not a bad transformation though.

I donnu. Let's say you have a 30fps footage and edit it in a 24fps sequence. Than you insert this sequence into a 30fps sequence. You would just make a 24fps to a 30fps video, right? It wouldn't take the original 30fps or am I wrong? :| I'm curious!
You can find me on YT under "Bauzi514". Subscribe to never miss my AMV releases. :amv:

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:02 pm

Bauzi wrote:
Zarxrax wrote:I've always heard that you can make a new sequence with the new framerate, then just import your old sequence into that sequence.
I once pasted a 24fps sequence content into a 60fps sequence out of curiosity in CS4. It wasn't perfectly inserted, but not a bad transformation though.

I donnu. Let's say you have a 30fps footage and edit it in a 24fps sequence. Than you insert this sequence into a 30fps sequence. You would just make a 24fps to a 30fps video, right? It wouldn't take the original 30fps or am I wrong? :| I'm curious!
Yeah, it takes it as 24fps. A sequence is somewhat like a rendered lossless clip to premiere. There are some slight differences tho, I think (if you speed it up it doesn't frame blend, but that might be 'cause I use a bugged beta version.)

Return to “Adobe Software”