"That shit was rigged, Your Honor." aka AAC Iron Editor 09*

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
inthesto
Beef Basket
Org Profile

"That shit was rigged, Your Honor." aka AAC Iron Editor 09*

Post by inthesto » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:07 pm

[Image

Images used at the request of Fall_Child42. Just pretend it says "LantisEscudo" in there somewhere.

I'm going to be demanding a grudge match against kiarrens next year.

*Extreme Iron Editor, but that wouldn't fit in the thread title.
Sukunai, Real Canadian Hero wrote:Note to any Muslims present. Abuse a female in my presence, and you are being sent to a hospital emergency ward with life threatening injuries. And no human law will make me change my mind.

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Re: "That shit was rigged, Your Honor." aka AAC Iron Editor 09*

Post by Kitsuner » Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:01 pm

That use of an Alabama home was pretty sweet.
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:51 pm

Hey now, I'd just like to clarify that while Mr. Chin is a giant D-bag, I'm usually not.
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:16 pm

*Extreme Challenge Summery*

Steady Hands - Alts are forced to play Operation with an eye-patch on until someone gets 3 pieces. (arm weights were, sadly, missing)

Winner - inthesto

Hypothermia Challenge - Both alts plunge their hands into ice water and keep them there. First to remove a hand loses. (this lasted 20 minutes, and resulted in 4 emptied cans of silly string as well as possible nerve damage. We forced them to switch off with their partners and immediately start editing.)

Winner - tie.

On The Hunt - Alts are given a camera and a scavenger hunt list of cosplayers, staffers, and Guests and 20 min to take as many pictures as they can.

Winner - Kiarrens (but points were awarded per picture anyways)

Nice Boat Balloon Pop - Alts are presented with a pile of balloons - each of which has a piece of paper in it. All have phrases on them the alt has to call out after reading, until they find the correct one - Nice Boat! - The first one done wins.

Winner - Otaku4Life

One Ring To Bind Them -
A) Alts must find the hidden box with their color on it (on Bashar's Car) and return it to main stage.

*Lantis docked 20pts for unsportsmanlike conduct in taking both boxes, leaving otaku4life confused in the parking lot for 20 min.

B) Inside this box is a hello kitty lip-gloss ring locked by a pad lock. The keys to the padlocks are at the bottom of a vat of shaving cream. First to Unlock their box, wins part B.

Winner - Otaku4life

A Little Trivia While We Render - A Little Retrospect (http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... p?v=159399) is played. All editors name the AMVs used - 2 pts a piece.

*no real winner - just awarded points until we were done*
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

LantisEscudo
Org Profile

Post by LantisEscudo » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:18 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:*Lantis docked 20pts for unsportsmanlike conduct in taking both boxes, leaving otaku4life confused in the parking lot for 20 min.
I still blame your phrasing for this one. You said "come back with THEM." Had you said "come back with YOUR BOX" I'd have left one. :evil:

inthesto
Beef Basket
Org Profile

Post by inthesto » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:45 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:One Ring To Bind Them -
A) Alts must find the hidden box with their color on it (on Bashar's Car) and return it to main stage.

*Lantis docked 20pts for unsportsmanlike conduct in taking both boxes, leaving otaku4life confused in the parking lot for 20 min.
I had no idea this happened, but give me a break. We should have gotten bonus points for that, if anything.
Sukunai, Real Canadian Hero wrote:Note to any Muslims present. Abuse a female in my presence, and you are being sent to a hospital emergency ward with life threatening injuries. And no human law will make me change my mind.

Fall_Child42
has a rock
Org Profile

Post by Fall_Child42 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:58 pm

The first video clearly should have won.

P.S.

If the rule "You cannot touch the other person's box" was not specifically stated I believe Lantis Escoudo should have not been punished. Infact he should have been rewarded for his ingenuity!

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:22 pm

If points were awarded for knowing AMVs, why wasn't there a real winner? Was it a tie, or did you just not keep track?

Either way, I totally want in on this at some point.
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

LantisEscudo
Org Profile

Post by LantisEscudo » Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:25 pm

Kitsuner wrote:If points were awarded for knowing AMVs, why wasn't there a real winner? Was it a tie, or did you just not keep track?

Either way, I totally want in on this at some point.
We got more of them (and I'm still remembering titles I couldn't come up with during the challenge), but it was 2pts per video named, so there wasn't really a "winner" of the challenge.

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:36 pm

It basically ended up being a tie. Sto, you got the a trophy in exchange for the box set, right?

As to the point docking - talk to Dan, he pushed for that.

I think we might tie this whole thing into the theme next year. Wonder how much fake blood they'll let me use on stage...
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”