To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Re: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Post by mirkosp » Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:53 pm

ZephyrStar wrote:Quoted Image converted to link:
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f53/h ... kuroko.jpg

This is the spinoff I'm waiting for.
DO IT J.C.STAFF!!!
DOOOO IIIIIIIT!!!!!!

angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:20 pm

mirkosp wrote:
ZephyrStar wrote:Quoted Image converted to link:
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f53/h ... kuroko.jpg

This is the spinoff I'm waiting for.
DO IT J.C.STAFF!!!
DOOOO IIIIIIIT!!!!!!
But then Ruiko Saten will gain more popularity! :o

Anyways, Episode 6! So you wanted a continuous story arc? Well HERE YOU GO!!!

But first, this episode specifically dealt with Mikoto
Spoiler :
working with Judgment due to a combination of a misunderstanding and an argument she had with Kuroko. She found out this line of work is not all about saving the world or invoking justice onto others with the powers of her electricity. Most of this episode is her trying to find a little girl's bag in a somewhat more epic way possible. Why you ask? She thought there was a bomb inside of it.
This led to another thing.
Spoiler :
Kuroko discussed with Mikoto about the case she's dealing with recent graviton bomb attacks that occurred. At first they were harmless, but at the end of the episode it showed two Judgment members searching for a bomb at a convenience store in which it blew up destroying most of the back of the store. One Judgment member looks like he's critically injured or killed in action when protecting a civilian girl. EVIL CLIFFHANGER!!! :shock:
Oh hohoho, aren't you glad you've stuck by this at this point? Looks like we're going to have some fun in the next episode or two. 8-)
ImageImage

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:30 pm

Ah the
Spoiler :
bomb
mini-arc. Next ep will deal with it rather quickly judging by when it finished, at least based on your spoiler.
Just guess who'll make a cool appearance to solve everything. :awesome:

angelx03
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:11 am

Episode 7, well here's your exciting conclusion of this mini-arc.
Spoiler :
It's obviously no surprise that glasses dude is the one who set up those graviton bombs in order to take out some members of Judgment out of revenge for not coming to his aid sooner when he was being bullied (ahhhh, typical disgruntled teenage boy :o ).

His next target is Uiharu who's in the mall with Mikoto and Ruiko. After Kuroko figured out his motives, she told her to get the people evacuated and then save herself. Misaka stayed to help Uiharu evacuate the peeps while Ruiko had to leave.

Time is of the essence since they don't know where or when the bomb will blow, but things got a bit complicated when Misaka found out that girl she helped out last episode was still inside. She then found her next to Uiharu while holding a doll. That doll was indeed the bomb, As Uiharu threw it away, the bomb began to detonate. Misaka attempt to use her railgun attack to deflect the blast, but she accidentally dropped her coin. Then comes our "favorite" unlucky hero (though he rather not take the credit) who used his infamous Imagine Breaker to deflect the blast! :wink:

Misaka was able to track down that guy who was just blurting out his plans in the alley. Of course, she showed him a thing and two. 8-)
Of course while it did end this arc, there seems to be another one that cropped out during the episode as well.
Spoiler :
Ruiko is starting to show some form of insecurity with her lack of abilities. Heck, she even joked around with Misaka about a thing called "Level Upper" actually existing; supposedly that has the ability to instantly raise one's level (almost like Rock Candy in Pokemon). And then there's the way the episode made sure those headphones that guy was wearing got some attention; it could be a red herring, but who knows (except for the manga readers).
ImageImage

Angelyco
Org Profile

Post by Angelyco » Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:04 pm

This is the first time I've ever watched shows as they're airing in Japan, so it's hard for me to have to wait for the next episode...

This show is all sorts of win. :awesome:

I'm also watching Index on and off when I have time to get some more background.
ImageImage
ImageImage

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:32 am

Yep, definitely watch Index for Mikoto's backstory. Bricks will be shat.

When we gonna get some
Spoiler :
Accelerator & loli Mikoto up in this biiiaaaa

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:33 pm

ZephyrStar wrote:When we gonna get some
Spoiler :
Accelerator & loli Mikoto up in this biiiaaaa
"Ohey, they improved their writing skills." :ying:

O-Kagachi
Location: In your head, hearing you think. Please stop, it hurts.
Org Profile

Post by O-Kagachi » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:08 pm

Time for some manga talk~

Chapters 20-24 of the manga:
Spoiler :
These chapters pretty much cover the "Accelerator" and "Sisters" chapter of the index series, but from a much darker Mikoto's point of view. Much violence ensues.

angelx03
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:22 am

O-Kagachi wrote:Time for some manga talk~

Chapters 20-24 of the manga:
Spoiler :
These chapters pretty much cover the "Accelerator" and "Sisters" chapter of the index series, but from a much darker Mikoto's point of view. Much violence ensues.
Thank goodness this series will last 24 episodes so we'll probably get to that point.

In episode 8, 90% of the otaku has suffered cardiac arrest due to a sensory overload of that of Biri Biri (Kuroko on the other hand suffered brain truama :lol:):

>_<

There were quite a wealth of information that was presented in this episode.
Spoiler :
They did explain how the Ability users can use their powers in some depth (if I remember correctly, that loli teacher mentioned it in Index in relation with Schrodinger's Cat). And they also talked about the possibility of those peeps from previous episode using Level Upper. Looks like Ruiko is gaining an inferiority complex and might consider taking that judging from her conversation she had with Uiharu.

I thought it was cool for Misaka to be able to "stick" on the walls when she was battling the gang leader. Having electric powers obviously has its perks.
ImageImage

OropherZero
Org Profile

Post by OropherZero » Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:49 am

seeing biribiri on the wall like that i just thought, yep, shes pikachu in disguise.

erm, Kuroko needs to see Dr. Phil I think she lost too many brain cells with her head banging this episode.

I also read the latest chapters of the manga, now THATS why I want to watch the show, real angsty drama like that. Anime better have the accelerator arc in it, possibly keep the moment of a leg being ripped off too.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”