DPRN: Daft Punk Rules the Nation *Send your shit or quit!*

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Re: DPRN: Daft Punk Rules the Nation

Post by ngsilver » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:55 pm

I've gotten some really good beta's from those of you I know are still in the project. No, the MEP is NOT dead. Yes, I still plan to complete this MEP hopefully in time for Anime Central 2010, even if it means I edit all of the unclaimed tracks myself!

So, it's time for the second round of beta's!

I'm really liking the direction that some of you have taken. I would like to see some more work out of others who haven't sent anything in or have sent very little in. Get me something! I want to know you're still working on it. If not, and you don't plan on working on it anymore then let me know so I can officially drop you from the list.
ImageImageImageImage

Inan
Another one
Org Profile

Post by Inan » Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:34 pm

Will the mep still be done in 720p? or something else?

Emotive
...the Meditant
Org Profile

Post by Emotive » Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:53 pm

The 720p thing sounds very interesting, especially as I now have the means to edit in high definition myself (hell, until recently I couldn't even watch 720p videos, but that just showed a technological update was necessary at last).

I'll update you on whether I'm joining or not next week, when I'm back to my town, my pute and my internets. I could make do with this old pute, the lack of internet which doesn't allow me to download the mix and the lack of animes, but I couldn't pausibly edit without my editing suit with the mouse ears, my editing drinks and my inspiring blabbler puppets to cheer me on.

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:16 pm

The current plan is to continue with 720p. However, if you cannot edit at 720p that will not kick you off the project either. The plan is to take the project and compile it at both 720p and 480p. In the 720p version the 480p tracks will be upscaled while the 720p tracks will remain at their normal size. For the 480p release the 720p tracks will be downscaled and the 480p tracks will remain at their normal size. In the end the 720p tracks will of course look the best in both versions, as such it is greatly encouraged that all tracks be edited at 720p.

As such, if you are editing at 480p you don't have to upscale your track to 720p before sending it in. I can and will do the upscaling for you, especially if you feel you would not be able to do as good a job yourself.

All beta's of course can be sent in at 480p (well, 360p if you are fallowing the standard 640x360 wide screen setup for betas,) even if you are editing at 720p.

If you need or want access to the FTP that has been setup for Finals and Betas let me know and I'll get you the info. You can also check out other's betas as well that have been sent in.
ImageImageImageImage

Emotive
...the Meditant
Org Profile

Re: DPRN: Daft Punk Rules the Nation *Still need Editors*

Post by Emotive » Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:27 pm

That might or might not be a stupid question, but are there even enough anime series released in high definition to allow for this amount of 720p tracks in a singular mep, if each track is to use a different anime than the other?

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:14 pm

I don't remember (or can find) ever stating that each track had to use different sources from the others. I'm not listing what sources each editor is using to keep the project secret and also because I don't mind the same source being used on multiple tracks. I have however been keeping track of sources and trying to keep the same source from being used too much.

CtS, yeah, I believe there are plenty of HD sources with which a project of this magnitude can be made using all HD sources. These sources can be gotten from multiple locations, even here in the states. I've opened this MEP up to editors from around the world. When I first began this MEP there wasn't a whole lot of HD footage available in the states, but now there is a lot more, and even more can be gotten from overseas.

Honestly, I wouldn't really care if someone were to find a 1080p RAW from a series being released currently and then downscaled the source to 720p and used it. In fact, that method would still produce a better looking video then a 480p DVD that has been upscaled.

As I state in the MEP information page, the point of this project is not so much about the anime used, but about the eye candy and motion graphics that are used. It is with this consideration as well as where the final product is set to air that I chose 720p as the final format for this project.
ImageImageImageImage

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:09 pm

As things stand, I probably won't be able to deliver

sakuraslight
Need more Jiggawatts
Org Profile

Post by sakuraslight » Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:33 pm

EDIT: Must learn to read posts befor posting
ImageImage

Angelyco
Org Profile

Post by Angelyco » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:30 am

I really think I'm going to do this. I need to listen to the mix again. As crazy as it sounds, this has reignited my love for Daft Punk <3
ImageImage
ImageImage

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:12 pm

let me know which track you would like when you know.
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”