Kimi ni Todoke

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck
Org Profile

Re: Kimi ni Todoke

Post by Bakadeshi » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:49 am

That scene in the manga had a bit more of impact for me, since he anime kinda threw in a bit more comic releif in that scene, but overall very well done scene. I had to fight back the tears twice! even though I impatiently read the manga first, the anime still had me wet-eyed ;p interestingly that little flashback scene at the begining of the eps wasn't in the manga. (either that or it wasn't used at that particular part of the story and i just forgot about it) Reading over the parts that already aired, there are subtle changes between the manga and the anime, and I think overall the anime does a slightly better job at portraying the story so far overall. It could just be because the actors can bring to life the feelings more accurate though. Still its rare that I like an anime adaption of a manga at least as much as the manga, let alone better. :up:

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:30 am

This is sooooo good ;_;

guy07
Org Profile

Post by guy07 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:44 pm

That was a very .... shiny episode. I guess that would be a good way to describe it ...

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Post by EkaCoralian » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:06 pm

Episode 7 was nice and cheerful. ^_^ I loved how eccentric Kazehaya's brother was to answer his phone. XD
Whoever voices Sawako takes in a huge breath whenever she speaks. o_0 I mean, I know she's putting on this kind, innocent, "I'm learning about friendship" voice, but she could hold back on the intonation of her voice a little bit sometimes. It only changes when she's surprised, really.
Otherwise, great episode. :up:

Willen
Now in Hi-Def!
Org Profile

Post by Willen » Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:30 am

I couldn't stop smiling while watching this episode.

Highlights:

Sawako's parents were amusing.

Yoshida marches the girls straight to Ryuu's room after their meal. You go girl.

Kazehaya gets tricked and doesn't mind.

Yano and Yoshida were having a bit too much fun. Not that I mind, though.

Ryuu is a cool cat. :up:
Having trouble playing back videos? I recommend: Image

EvaFan
Org Profile

Post by EvaFan » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:22 am

Didn't even notice my last post said ep5, I actually watched ep5 and 6 back to back cause I was warned of a epic cliff hanger.

ep7 Well played... Honestly, first time I've reminisced about highschool life while watching anime. Maybe it was just the overall feel and way everyone was acting in that small room, idk... but ya.
Spoiler :
On another note... The atmosphere between Yano and Arai at the end was interesting... That was arguably the last possible relationship expected in this series without reading the manga ahead of time. So she has a boyfriend but the way she acted about him after the phone call is suspicious... She doesn't seem the least bit happy. Though she sounded like she was having fun with Arai/enjoyed his presence on the walk home. I think something’s gonna happen between these two because IMO they fit personality wise for some reason. :up:
"The people cannot be [...] always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to [...] the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to public liberty. What country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned [...] that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson

Ishbalan
Org Profile

Post by Ishbalan » Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:20 pm

That is all.

guy07
Org Profile

Post by guy07 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:51 pm

Bahaha. nice.

I saw a stink eye. :nose:

Also, did i mention that i actually like the intro/outro? Not too bad.

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Post by EkaCoralian » Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:56 pm

Ishbalan wrote:Quoted Image converted to link:
http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/1987 ... 966211.jpg

That is all.
Truer words were never spoken. xD

I did like episode 8 a lot. I was happy that it started to focus more on Sawako's and Kazehaya's relationship. Many, "d'aww"'s escaped from me, anyways. xD
Did anyone catch Kazehaya's first name if it was previously mentioned? I don't even remember.

Willen
Now in Hi-Def!
Org Profile

Post by Willen » Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:13 am

EkaCoralian wrote:Did anyone catch Kazehaya's first name if it was previously mentioned? I don't even remember.
It was in episode 7. They showed Kazehaya's first name on Ryu's phone when the girls had Sawako call him.
Spoiler :
It's Shota.
And my cheeks hurt after watching episode 8. I couldn't stop smiling through the whole thing. Ok, that's an exaggeration. I stopped during the Kurumi scenes. :wink:
Having trouble playing back videos? I recommend: Image

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”