AMVbe 1.2 Now in Beta

If you have questions about compression/encoding/converting look here.
Corran
Org Profile

Re: Deshi's AMV Batch Encoder now pulic beta

Post by Corran » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:26 pm

I ran the batch again and the process log did not record any errors, however since it was the only video in my queue this time the error was still visible in the status section. It says: "Error opening file F:\Video\AMVs\01. Best AMVs\[Deltod]Chimera-Ipod.mp4: Invalid IsoMedia File"

I suppose that just means the encode failed. Using the command line it got to this point and then mencoder visibly crashed.

Code: Select all

F:\Desktop\AMVBatchEnc>mencoder  "F:\Video\AMVs\01. Best AMVs\[Deltod]Chimera.mp4" -vf scale=480:272 -ovc x264 -oac faac -faacopts br=128:mpeg=4:object=2:raw -channels 2 -srate 48000 -x264encopts threads=auto:bitrate=768:nocabac:global_header:level_idc=30:subq=1:me=hex -of lavf -lavfopts format=psp  -o "F:\Video\AMVs\01. Best AMVs\[Deltod]Chimera-Ipod.mp4"
MEncoder Sherpya-SVN-r29312-4.5.0 (C) 2000-2009 MPlayer Team
SSE supported but disabled
SSE2 supported but disabled
success: format: 0  data: 0x0 - 0x2508ac2
libavformat file format detected.
[lavf] Video stream found, -vid 0
[lavf] Audio stream found, -aid 1
VIDEO:  [avc1]  640x480  24bpp  24.000 fps    0.0 kbps ( 0.0 kbyte/s)
[V] filefmt:44  fourcc:0x31637661  size:640x480  fps:24.000  ftime:=0.0417
==========================================================================
Opening audio decoder: [faad] AAC (MPEG2/4 Advanced Audio Coding)
FAAD: compressed input bitrate missing, assuming 128kbit/s!
AUDIO: 44100 Hz, 2 ch, s16le, 128.0 kbit/9.07% (ratio: 16000->176400)
Selected audio codec: [faad] afm: faad (FAAD AAC (MPEG-2/MPEG-4 Audio))
** MUXER_LAVF *****************************************************************
REMEMBER: MEncoder's libavformat muxing is presently broken and can generate
INCORRECT files in the presence of B-frames. Moreover, due to bugs MPlayer
will play these INCORRECT files as if nothing were wrong!
OK, exit.
Opening video filter: [expand osd=1]
Expand: -1 x -1, -1 ; -1, osd: 1, aspect: 0.000000, round: 1
Opening video filter: [scale w=480 h=272]
Opening video decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg's libavcodec codec family
Selected video codec: [ffh264] vfm: ffmpeg (FFmpeg H.264)
Pos:   0.0s      1f ( 1%)  0.00fps Trem:   0min   0mb  A-V:0.000 [0:0]
1 duplicate frame(s)!
VIDEO CODEC ID: 28
AUDIO CODEC ID: 15002, TAG: 0
Writing header...
[psp @ 00D53E18]dimensions not set
I did the AVISynth method again, this time via the command line the encoder generated and it ran to this point and then hung. Ctrl-C or Cntl-Z did not stop the process. I had to close the command prompt.

F:\Desktop\AMVBatchEnc>mencoder  "F:\Video\AMVs\01. Best AMVs\[AKROSS]_NetTroop_Onimusha_XviD.avi.avs" -vf scale=480:272 -ovc x264 -oac faac -faacopts br=96:mpeg=4:object=2:raw -channels 2 -srate 48000 -x264encopts threads=auto:bitrate=400:nocabac:global_header:level_idc=30:subq=1:me=hex -slang en -of lavf -lavfopts format=psp  -o "D:\Phone encodes\AMVs\[AKROSS]_NetTroop_Onimusha_XviD.avi-Ipod.mp4"
success: format: 0  data: 0x0 - 0x4c
AVS file format detected.
VIDEO:  [YV12]  512x384  12bpp  24.000 fps    0.0 kbps ( 0.0 kbyte/s)
[V] filefmt:38  fourcc:0x32315659  size:512x384  fps:24.000  ftime:=0.0417
Opening audio decoder: [pcm] Uncompressed PCM audio decoder
AUDIO: 44100 Hz, 2 ch, s16le, 1411.2 kbit/100.00% (ratio: 176400->176400)
Selected audio codec: [pcm] afm: pcm (Uncompressed PCM)
OK, exit.
Opening video decoder: [raw] RAW Uncompressed Video
VDec: vo config request - 512 x 384 (preferred colorspace: Planar YV12)
VDec: using Planar YV12 as output csp (no 0)
Movie-Aspect is undefined - no prescaling applied.
[swscaler @ 0x3c1a900]BICUBIC scaler, from yuv420p to yuv420p using MMX2
x264 [info]: using SAR=34/45
x264 [info]: using cpu capabilities: MMX2 SSE2Fast SSSE3 Cache64
x264 [info]: profile Baseline, level 3.0
Selected video codec: [rawyv12] vfm: raw (RAW YV12)
VIDEO CODEC ID: 28f ( 0%)  0.00fps Trem:   0min   0mb  A-V:0.017 [0:0]
Writing header...
[psp @ 0x3c185f0]Codec for stream 0 does not use global headers but container format requires global headers
[psp @ 0x3c185f0]Codec for stream 1 does not use global headers but container format requires global headers
Pos:   0.7s     22f ( 0%)  0.00fps Trem:   0min   0mb  A-V:0.086 [0:103]
Skipping frame!
Pos: 195.8s   4704f (100%) 149.63fps Trem:   0min  12mb  A-V:0.067 [407:116]
Flushing video frames.
Writing index...

Video stream:  407.927 kbit/s  (50990 B/s)  size: 9981456 bytes  195.750 secs  4704 frames

Audio stream:  116.778 kbit/s  (14597 B/s)  size: 2860907 bytes  195.989 secs
x264 [info]: slice I:131   Avg QP:23.93  size:  5722
x264 [info]: slice P:4567  Avg QP:29.28  size:  2021
x264 [info]: mb I  I16..4: 58.5%  0.0% 41.5%
x264 [info]: mb P  I16..4: 21.8%  0.0%  6.8%  P16..4: 24.0%  8.1%  1.2%  0.0%  0.0%    skip:38.1%
x264 [info]: final ratefactor: 29.32
x264 [info]: coded y,uvDC,uvAC intra:32.8% 29.1% 10.8% inter:12.0% 11.5% 0.5%
x264 [info]: kb/s:407.9
Something else I'm curious about is why you are changing the sample rate to 48000.

EDIT: I'm having some major issues with Windows 7 right now. I'm not sure if it impacting the testing I'm doing here. I'm going to hold off further testing until I can figure out my current system issues...

Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck
Org Profile

Re: Deshi's AMV Batch Encoder now pulic beta

Post by Bakadeshi » Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:36 am

if you have time, might be worth a shot to test the same video file you have using the mp4 for distro setting to see if it has anything to do with the buggy muxer present in Mencoder, since he mp4for distro profile uses neroacc to encode the audio and mp4box to mux it. although this shouldn't be the problem since his profile does not use b-frames, and that bug is supposed to only be present when using b-frames, a least according to the mencoder folks.

also curious if you tested the same file using your own batch file util, and if so did it process it correctly?

I have yet to get access to the windows7 machine to test with, but if anyone else out there with windows7 can confirm if it works properly for them would help also ^^

Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck
Org Profile

Re: AMVbe 1.0 - Batch Converter for amvs (Need beta testers)

Post by Bakadeshi » Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:43 pm

Major update everyone, and now getting close to final, so I need all the beta testers I can get :O

Particularly test the new features listed on the first post, such as the commandline args, and if there are any issues converting any particular file formats.
Also let me know if you find any video files that don't load when draging a folder into the drop box. Im pretty sure I got most the extenions mencoder supports, but I may have missed a few.

Also let me know on the userfriendlyness of it, if theres anything layout wise that you think would be easier a certain way, I am open to suggestions.

Thanks!

Corran
Org Profile

Post by Corran » Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:00 am

I tried using just the new executable but it caused an error so I figured I would start from scratch instead. However, I'm getting a CRC error when trying to extract the new rar archive. I've tried downloading it twice but I get the same error at the same point in the extraction.

Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi » Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:15 pm

if the error your getting is a Unhandled exception when you run it, thats a bug in the commandline argument handling code, I noticed it after I already uploaded it at work, and had left for the weekend leaving my sourcecode there. So yea I'll fix it monday when I get access back to the code. However, You can click continue on that error and still use it safely, or just passing it a comandline argument should get rid of the error. I'll check the rar also, it probably got interupted on the upload.

Edit: Tested rar and it works fine for me, though I am currently under linux, so I was testing with file roller for ubuntu. Perhaps try downloading it again and see if you got a currupt download? it should be about 15mb in size.

Corran
Org Profile

Post by Corran » Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:16 pm

The rar keeps giving me a checksum error for mencoder.exe when unpacking with 7zip. I tried downloading it a couple more times after I made that post (Using different methods to make sure I wasn't grabbing a cached file.).

I can't use the updated exe by itself anymore since I wiped my previous amvbe folder of its contents before attempting to extract the rar file.

Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck
Org Profile

Re: AMVbe 1.0 Beta2 - Batch Conv. for amvs (Need testers)

Post by Bakadeshi » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:01 pm

Fixed unhandled exception error, and reuploaded as zip. hopefully won't have the issues you had with the RAR this time ^^

Let me know if you still have issues on windows7 btw, I compiled this one on VS 2008 with .net 3.5 (though it should still only require 2.0 since I havn't used any of the new 3.0 routines in the program) , so perhaps that may help.

Corran
Org Profile

Re: AMVbe 1.0 Beta2 - Batch Converter for amvs (Need testers)

Post by Corran » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:31 pm

Some things I notice after some short usage:
  • Your context tool tips disappear fairly quickly and some of them are long. There is no way I can read some of them before they disappear.
  • The Context tooltip for the area you drag a file to has a grammar issue. I presume it should read "Add this job's settings..." instead of "Add this job settings..."
  • The command line in the debug tab shows an extra slash in my output path when I select a custom output directory.
I tried encoding your Shattered Dreams video again using the phone profile but it again failed, though more gracefully than in the past.

Here is a screen shot of the log with the error that is displaying in the status bar. The error in the status bar I presume is because AMVbe is attempting to access a file that didn't get generated properly by mencoder. (You can see where the extra slash in the path is in the status bar also.)

Using the generated command line via the command prompt failed as well. In this case mencoder visibly crashed.

Here is the output from the prompt:

F:\Desktop\AMVBatchEnc>mencoder.exe "F:\Video\AMVs\01. Best AMVs\[AuN]-Bleach-Sh
attered Dreams - Hinamori's Story.mp4" -vf scale=480:272 -ovc x264 -oac faac -fa
acopts br=96:mpeg=4:object=2:raw -channels 2 -srate 48000 -x264encopts threads=a
uto:bitrate=400:nocabac:global_header:level_idc=30:subq=1:me=hex -slang en -of l
avf -lavfopts format=psp  -o "D:\render\[AuN]-Bleach-Shattered Dreams - Hinamori
's Story-Ipod.mp4"
success: format: 0  data: 0x0 - 0x3cd6c5f
libavformat file format detected.
[lavf] Video stream found, -vid 0
[lavf] Audio stream found, -aid 1
VIDEO:  [avc1]  640x480  24bpp  24.000 fps    0.0 kbps ( 0.0 kbyte/s)
[V] filefmt:44  fourcc:0x31637661  size:640x480  fps:24.000  ftime:=0.0417
Opening audio decoder: [faad] AAC (MPEG2/4 Advanced Audio Coding)
FAAD: compressed input bitrate missing, assuming 128kbit/s!
AUDIO: 44100 Hz, 2 ch, s16le, 128.0 kbit/9.07% (ratio: 16000->176400)
Selected audio codec: [faad] afm: faad (FAAD AAC (MPEG-2/MPEG-4 Audio))
OK, exit.
Opening video decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg's libavcodec codec family
Selected video codec: [ffh264] vfm: ffmpeg (FFmpeg H.264)
Pos:   0.0s      1f ( 0%)  0.00fps Trem:   0min   0mb  A-V:0.000 [0:0]
1 duplicate frame(s)!
VIDEO CODEC ID: 28
Writing header...
[psp @ 00D53E18]dimensions not set

F:\Desktop\AMVBatchEnc>
My batch file encoder handles your Shattered Dreams video fine, however I'm using the mplayer builds from the mplayer site rather than building my own custom executable and am performing the following steps rather than outputting straight from mencoder:
Encode video track to raw .264 using mencoder.exe
Extract audio to .wav via mplayer.exe
Encode wav to aac using neroaacenc.exe
Mux .264 and .aac files using mp4box.exe

I generated an md5 hash of the file I have, re-downloaded the file from the org and created an md5 hash from that as well. Both hashes match so version I have of Shattered dreams is identical to the file on local. The MD5 hash for both files is cca0c4ac44d760d9df2f8375cf7f4675 in case you try to verify that you are using the same file I am.

Edit: I tried using the mencoder.exe that I bundle with my encoder using the command line generated by AMVbe and mencoder failed and crashed as it did earlier when I ran the command above using the mencoder.exe that you provide.

Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:13 pm

Ah, so it appears to be an issue with either the embedded faac encoder, or the muxer in mencoder. I originally did it this way to both save on speed and extra steps in the encode process, but looks like ima have to make the portable devices section also use neroaac unless mencoder is explicitly selected in the options in the next version which should hopefully correct this.

Thanks for the feedback!

Edit: i think the problem is actually in the file itself, as I remember now that certain players did have trouble with that encode of Shattered Dreams (assuming your using the mp4 not the avi) and mencoder just doesn't have the issue processing the tracks seperately. Still its probably better to have the option to use neroaac, so I will make the changes anyway. Btw was there any other quirks with using it on Windows 7 or it worked fine?

Corran
Org Profile

Post by Corran » Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:18 pm

I didn't really do much other than try to encode a video that had previously given me issues but from what I experienced I did not see any issues related to the OS.

The problems I was experiencing earlier were related to faulty file access. Adjusting my sata cable connections and disabling sleep mode in Win7 resolved the issues I was having earlier in the thread.

Also, I found another bug. If you right click on the job window without selecting a file and choose "Remove Selected" you get an unhandled exception. Perhaps you should only show the option to clear the list if nothing is selected? The other options appear to require a selection.

Edit:
Bakadeshi wrote:Edit: i think the problem is actually in the file itself, as I remember now that certain players did have trouble with that encode of Shattered Dreams (assuming your using the mp4 not the avi) and mencoder just doesn't have the issue processing the tracks seperately. Still its probably better to have the option to use neroaac, so I will make the changes anyway. Btw was there any other quirks with using it on Windows 7 or it worked fine?
While I was using the mp4 of Shattered Dreams, I've noticed this happen with MKVs also when attempting to convert some files just now.

Also, Is the PS3 console profile suppose to work in this build? I've added files to the queue but when I tell it to start nothing seems to happen. When I add the queued encodes to the batch job queue and have that start, all of the files instantly get the status "done".

Return to “Conversion / Encoding Help”