Missing Effect in FCE

For discussion on Mac software and video editing on Mac computers.
Anicsi
Org Profile

Missing Effect in FCE

Post by Anicsi » Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:16 pm

Okay, I have made a really weird experience xD
Umm, well, I have always been looking for an effect that allows me to make a 'Film-Roll' in FCE, but thought it wasn't possible for some reason. Then today I watched a video of a friend of mine, she uses FCE, too and used exactly this effect I was looking for.
So, when I asked her she told me it was the 'Bad TV' effect she used.

But I don't have it xD I am aware that it is called differently in the German version but even after checking that, I simply don't have it, while I know that the German FCP version has it (I got my FCP from work but it's lagging so I don't use it, but I checked on it due to that) (I made also sure to enable 'view all effects')

So, I am really clueless, my friend uses the same FCE version I have (4.0), so this is really weird.
Is there any way to get this effect or... I don't know, just any way to make this work? *doggy eyes*
I know, this is really stupid, just because of one effect to make a fuss about it, but... I don't use many effects but this one is really cool xD

Help please <3

Bauzi
Location: Austria (uhm the other country without kangaroos^^)
Org Profile

Re: Missing Effect in FCE

Post by Bauzi » Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:27 pm

I have FCE 4 and it's in:
Videoeffekte->Stilisieren->TV-Störungen

Maybe you should make a software update? I made an update and it was quite big with more than 100MB. Maybe the effect came with the update. I don't know.

You can recreate the tv-malfunction with a combination of noise and various video deform effects. You will get the main paning of the video with Videoeffekte->Video->Felder verschieben

This just reminds me that I should have installed FCE in English, because most tutorials are in English :|
You can find me on YT under "Bauzi514". Subscribe to never miss my AMV releases. :amv:

gotenks794
Org Profile

Post by gotenks794 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:10 pm

As far as I know (for my most recent video, I searched for hours) the "Bad TV" effect is not present in Final Cut Express 4. It's in Final Cut Pro, but not express. I was able to make a similar effect by playing around with 'Offset'.
MAC is a cosmetics brand. Mac is the superior computing platform. It's not an acronym.

Bauzi
Location: Austria (uhm the other country without kangaroos^^)
Org Profile

Post by Bauzi » Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:24 pm

gotenks794 wrote:As far as I know (for my most recent video, I searched for hours) the "Bad TV" effect is not present in Final Cut Express 4. It's in Final Cut Pro, but not express. I was able to make a similar effect by playing around with 'Offset'.
I have the brand new legally bought version of FCE4 and I do have this effect :|
You can find me on YT under "Bauzi514". Subscribe to never miss my AMV releases. :amv:

gotenks794
Org Profile

Post by gotenks794 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:01 am

Bauzi wrote:
gotenks794 wrote:As far as I know (for my most recent video, I searched for hours) the "Bad TV" effect is not present in Final Cut Express 4. It's in Final Cut Pro, but not express. I was able to make a similar effect by playing around with 'Offset'.
I have the brand new legally bought version of FCE4 and I do have this effect :|
Why....
Don't....
I.......????
:(
MAC is a cosmetics brand. Mac is the superior computing platform. It's not an acronym.

Anicsi
Org Profile

Post by Anicsi » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:03 am

gotenks794 wrote:
Bauzi wrote: I have the brand new legally bought version of FCE4 and I do have this effect :|
Why....
Don't....
I.......????
:(
This is was exactly my reaction when my friend told me xD
Bauzi wrote: Maybe you should make a software update? I made an update and it was quite big with more than 100MB. Maybe the effect came with the update. I don't know.

You can recreate the tv-malfunction with a combination of noise and various video deform effects. You will get the main paning of the video with Videoeffekte->Video->Felder verschieben
I usually don't update that often but I thought so too and updated, but it's still not there xD It was also the update with more than 100 MB. I MEAN, geeez, that's so unfair, I want my money back XDDD GAHHHHH lol
;___; Seriously, how can that be? .-." I don't want to reinstall it just because of this xD And I don't think it would change anything, everything else works fine.

Ah, but I tried running that effect in FCP and LOL, I knew my FC was lagging, but THAT was something new xD

No matter what I changed, the outcome was the same, and my clip was NOT red before xD

(Oh yeah, I should have installed it in english as well xD Even though all tuts I could find up to know were crappy lol)

Return to “Mac Software”