Is there any better programs to use other than WMM?

MsUmlaut
Org Profile

Is there any better programs to use other than WMM?

Post by MsUmlaut » Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:10 am

Hey everyone, I know the question I'm about to ask is a noob question (SHOOT ME). But as an AMV maker for 4 years and a newbie on this site I need to improve by using a better programs using better effects so I can have videos that are stunning like most people on this site. So far I'm using Windows Movie Maker, but I heard there are programs that are 10 times better and you can be able to get rid of subtitles.

Can someone help me out? It'll be appriciated.

Mastamind
Org Profile

Re: Is there any better programs to use other than WMM?

Post by Mastamind » Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:25 am

Here's a list of lots of great programs:
http://animemusicvideos.org/forum/viewt ... 11&t=61207
Take a look at that, get trials for the ones that interest you and see what suits you best. I always recommend Sony Vegas Pro, since it's cheap, can produce amazing video effects, and is easy to use :up:

Enigma
That jolly ol' bastid
Org Profile

Post by Enigma » Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:28 am

If you're using subtitles usually means fansubs and that's a nono :nono: but u CAN crop them using VirtualDub/MOD,But on topic.I'd recommend Sony Vegas or Adobe Premiere.

hasteroth
lost the bet
Org Profile

Post by hasteroth » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:29 pm

The answer is...

GOOGLE IS A USEFUL TOOL. USE IT
<Hacchinya> Stirspeare: ambassador of gaysex
<Stirspeare> Hacchinya: God's own ambassador.

xPiikanyaa
Phail Whale
Org Profile

Post by xPiikanyaa » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:08 am

Mastamind wrote:I always recommend Sony Vegas Pro, since it's cheap, can produce amazing video effects, and is easy to use :up:
Cheap? you have GOT to be kidding :shock: Still a fantastic program despite the price, though.

FYI, Windows Movie Maker is possibly one of the worst programs out there. It's easy to use, but the effects are very limited and you can only export to 2 different file formats.
Sony Vegas is good since it's way more advanced than Movie Maker, but still very easy to use. The Movie Studio version is pretty cheap too, though not as advanced as Vegas Pro. If you can't afford anything that fancy, then check out THIS program here: http://www.debugmode.com/wax/
It's completely free and has some features similar to those of Sony Vegas. The only downside is that the sound quality is AWFUL on the output files, so I'd recommend only using it for special effects.
Adobe After Effects or Particle Illusion might also be well worth an investment if you want to use special effects.
My advice is to check out a few trial versions and see what works for you. :up:

Vivaldi
Polemic Apologist
Org Profile

Post by Vivaldi » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:22 am

DarkPhoenix22 wrote:
Mastamind wrote:I always recommend Sony Vegas Pro, since it's cheap, can produce amazing video effects, and is easy to use :up:
Cheap? you have GOT to be kidding :shock: Still a fantastic program despite the price, though.

FYI, Windows Movie Maker is possibly one of the worst programs out there. It's easy to use, but the effects are very limited and you can only export to 2 different file formats.
Sony Vegas is good since it's way more advanced than Movie Maker, but still very easy to use. The Movie Studio version is pretty cheap too, though not as advanced as Vegas Pro. If you can't afford anything that fancy, then check out THIS program here: http://www.debugmode.com/wax/
It's completely free and has some features similar to those of Sony Vegas. The only downside is that the sound quality is AWFUL on the output files, so I'd recommend only using it for special effects.
Adobe After Effects or Particle Illusion might also be well worth an investment if you want to use special effects.
My advice is to check out a few trial versions and see what works for you. :up:
$130 isn't that bad for a program like vegas, when compared to other.
<Kenzichu> HAHAHA!!
<Kenzichu> everyone died!

Mastamind
Org Profile

Post by Mastamind » Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:35 pm

Vivaldi wrote:
DarkPhoenix22 wrote:
$130 isn't that bad for a program like vegas, when compared to other.
No I am not kidding. I got my perfectly legitimate Vegas Pro 8 online about a year ago for less than $100, which is about the same as the retail price for Movie Studio. And now that Vegas Pro 9 is out, it should be even cheaper. |:>

MsUmlaut
Org Profile

Post by MsUmlaut » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:46 pm

Thanks for the program suggestion DarkPhoenix22. Hopefully it has some good features in it so I can make a kickass videos this time.

VRSaskayzx
Org Profile

Post by VRSaskayzx » Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:33 am

It would depends in what your looking for, most editors i know use vegas because it is user friendly, there is also ulead movie studio which no one seems to remmeber about anymore and premiere. if you want to give it a first try you should get vegas movie studio which is similar to vegas pro but missing a few features but it is worth it. plus the price is quiet good.
editing my life away.

Return to “Video Editing Software”