AMVbe 1.2 Now in Beta

If you have questions about compression/encoding/converting look here.
Enigma
That jolly ol' bastid
Org Profile

Re: Deshi's AMV Batch Encoder now pulic beta

Post by Enigma » Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:51 am

Downloading as i speak,I have high hopes for this :up:

Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:29 pm

New Version - More Info and updated download files in first post.

This version fixes a few things with the PSP files, aswell as a slew of new features. Tell me if you find any errors, or if you have any suggestions. Iphone profile also needs testing, I don't have one to test with. Please note I released this with some frameworks for features in place thats not yet written, so they won't do anything yet. (ps3/xbox profile, and the output destination option, aswell as the new/edit profile buttons still.)

Corran
Org Profile

Post by Corran » Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:24 am

Videos now play back well on my phone with the new iphone/ipod/android profile. I'm tempted to try converting my entire amv collection, but I am going to wait until the output to directory feature is working first. Noticed subtitles work without downloading the ttf file to that directory now. :)

Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi » Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:22 pm

Posted a new pre-release compile, (o.9.0b) That has Save to Output working (though browse doesn't yet), A new experimental "Test Playback" and "Test Encode" options on the right-click menu, and styled subtitle support as an option for portable devices that will use the embedded font, and render it as it wouldve shown in mediaplayer classic according to the .ass file. (if you prefer this to the standard font used currently)

You might notice the option to use MKVExtract and VSFilter to load subtitles with AVISynth, this doesn't do anything yet, its an option I have planned.
corran wrote:Will there be an option to toggle the font used to an installed system font when profiles become editable? I
Didn't see this question before ;p Yea I've read that you can have mplayer choose from the system fonts if its compiled with a certain option, I plan to look into that and then add an option to choose the default font to use. even if the above doesn;t work, I can still probably do the option and just have the program create a shortcut or copy the font to the mplayer folder automatically when you choose it.

Corran
Org Profile

Post by Corran » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:50 pm

I just noticed that when I drag a folder of videos onto the application, it doesn't add the videos to the encode queue but rather just the folder's path. If I then tell it to start encoding, it will fail. Right clicking the path and choosing to remove the path from the queue results in an unhandled exception. Not terribly important, but perhaps you could make it recursively look through the directory and sub-directories to add videos to the queue?

Here are the details of the exception:

Code: Select all

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: InvalidArgument=Value of '-1' is not valid for 'index'.
Parameter name: index
   at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.ObjectCollection.RemoveAt(Int32 index)
   at AuN_FLV_Converter.Form1.RemoveSelectedToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4200 (NetFxQFE.050727-4200)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
AuN FLV Converter
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///F:/Desktop/AMVBatchEnc/AMVBatchEnc_Pre.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.4016 (NetFxQFE.050727-4000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4016 (NetFxQFE.050727-4000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi » Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:54 am

Corran wrote:I just noticed that when I drag a folder of videos onto the application, it doesn't add the videos to the encode queue but rather just the folder's path. If I then tell it to start encoding, it will fail. Right clicking the path and choosing to remove the path from the queue results in an unhandled exception. Not terribly important, but perhaps you could make it recursively look through the directory and sub-directories to add videos to the queue?
Ah thanks for reminding me, I had forgotten I needed to do that. Its not hard at all either to recursively add files in the .NET library :sweat:

Corran
Org Profile

Post by Corran » Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:35 am

I'm having issues encoding the local version of your Bleach Shattered Dreams video. When I run it through the ipod profile Mencoder crashes right away. If I use the distro profile it starts to encode the video but never finishes.

I ran into a similar problem using the ipod profile for:
- Decoy - Bleach Technique Beat
- Deltod - Chimera
- Koop - Momentum
- Koop - Skittles
- Koop - Twilight

Those six errors were in the first 14 I tried to batch encode so I stopped the batch job. Looking through the progress log does not show any errors, just the point that Mencoder reached before it encountered the problem. On the ipod profile, it got to "Writing header..."

I would copy and paste my log but it does not appear that I can select and copy it like text. Perhaps you could add error logging to the logs also? I'm not sure how windows or .net handles errors, but on linux/php I could log the errors by redirecting the error buffer to the normal output buffer by appending " 2>&1" to the command. I could then log the error to a database by recording the last few lines of output. i.e.

Code: Select all

/usr/bin/mencoder [mencoder options here] 2>&1
I also had my code catch the return value of the command. i.e. 0 = Program ran successfully. Some other number meant a type of error occurred.

Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi » Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:58 pm

I had that problem with certain videos on the psp profile also, problem is its hard to test because mencoder doesn't output any errors, it just crashes. It seems i fixed it in the psp profile by changing the command passed to mencoder to resize the video, but I used the same thing for the ipod profile also, so That also should have been fixed it it was the problem.

Did you try it with the "Open files with avisynth" option enabled? if it works with that it may be a problem with the read codec in the version of mencoder i am using. Also just for kicks try the same problematic video on the PSP anime profile and let me know if it works. Thanks for helping me test this ^^

Corran
Org Profile

Post by Corran » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:00 pm

I'm not sure if the executable has changed but I downloaded the 9.0b file again. I also recently installed Windows 7 so I'm not sure if that changes any of the encoder's behavior. I tried running the batch again and this time the encode of Shattered Dreams still failed. (I noticed a message beginning with "error" in the status bar for a split second but I'm not sure what all it said.) Instead of mencoder visibly crashing, the encoder began moving to the next video. The failed encode still existed in my output directory though... would be nice if the encoder removed failed encodes.

I then tried the avisynth method you suggested. The first video in my queue, [AKROSS]_NetTroop_Onimusha_XviD.avi began encoding, but at the end of that file the aun encoder began not responding. The only way to stop it was force close it. Trying the next video in my queue, Nostromo's Running man video aslo encountered the same problem. Both of these videos encode fine when not using the AVISynth method.

On a side note, I don't think creating the avs file in the input directory is the best location, especially when I've set a specific output directory and even then I don't see a reason I would need to keep it. Does the avs file normally get deleted after a successful encode?

Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:17 am

(I noticed a message beginning with "error" in the status bar for a split second but I'm not sure what all it said.)
starting with ver 0.9b, any errors output by mencoder should be logged in the process log window, so you may be able to see what it said here. (I'll add copy and paste functionality to the process log, and the option to save it to file in the next version to aid in debugging)
Corran wrote: On a side note, I don't think creating the avs file in the input directory is the best location, especially when I've set a specific output directory and even then I don't see a reason I would need to keep it. Does the avs file normally get deleted after a successful encode?
You have a point, would be a problem if one set the input from somehing like a cdrom >.> I will change that in a later version.
It does normally delete the avs file afterwards, I'm not sure why it is not for you. (although it could be a permissions thing in windows 7 preventing the delete, which is then in turn crashing it, I may not have properly trapped that error...) AVIsynth method works fine for me, though it does take a while to initialize directshowsource for MKVs and mp4s. Possibly a windows 7 issue, I can get access to a windows 7 machine, so I will do some tesing on my end. Did he log file grab any errors? (also if you want to visibly see what it is doing in the dos prompt, you can (ctrl-c) copy and paste the commandline it is using from the debug window and try to run it manually. after you've copied it, just go to the amvbatchenc folder in the dos window, type in "mencoder " then left click, select paste.) that way you can see exactly what it is doing.

Return to “Conversion / Encoding Help”