RDS Presents: Video Game Project 5 - Revival of Heroes!

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
drewaconclusion
What this is, I don't even...
Org Profile

Re: RDS Presents: Video Game Project 5 - Revival of Heroes!

Post by drewaconclusion » Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:38 am

Well, here's one of my tracks from VG5. It was a full video I made back in 2008.

I'll have the others up soon.
ImageImage

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:28 pm

woooooooooooooo!

I love the ending with X and the video of MJ's "pitch" :P

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:30 pm

Pwolf wrote:woooooooooooooo!

I love the ending with X and the video of MJ's "pitch" :P
Yeah, I made sure it all came full circle. :)
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

ChaosProjects
Org Profile

Post by ChaosProjects » Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:53 pm

Sir you have done us proud!!

What can I say about this project other than I LOVED it!!

I think this was the perfect way to go out..I will be sad to see it go since I have been keeping track of the projects since the first and then there was always MJ bugging me every year -- "Hey when you going to join in on the Video game project."

So I finally caved in on the last one and had a blast with my video for that one so once there was this one I was already all in for it. Sadly my skill may not be up to par with some but I got in and got it done and had so much fun. I am sure Castor was like "I wish this dude would stop submitting entries." at one point. When I first started I had to have had like 10 something ideas and then got it narrowed down. I most likely would have made more but ran short of time but I am happy with what I did get submitted. Now on to the other videos :

Loved the Videos in the project!!

I was able to check out the premier at AWA and it was quite well received so I would say that I was excited for the release as well as of course some tracks had to be cut from the AWA version for time and wanted to see what else was in the project. Glad to the see the retro commercials made a return as they have always been a staple of the video game projects and they were fun to watch.

Love the Mega man opening too. Good stuff.

"I think just just called us stupid noobs!!" -- Classic!!

Kit's Pokemon track--Dead Leaves and most interesting choice of anime mostly because I have seen it..but still was great and flowed well a lot of fun to watch.

Drew's Banjo Kazooie track-Sadly this was one of those games i didn't get the chance to play..good work though. Jinjo Rave indeed. Makes me want to go out and find a copy.

Bebop's Naruto track--In a world of Naruto overload..I think it held together well..good choice of song and blending of the game. Belive it!!!

FallChild's Pacman short--Man..i didn't even know what to call on this one the first time i saw it as i remember playing that game oh so long ago and then the song...priceless..

Chaosprojects's Mercenaries track--Sucked!! j/k...One of my many ideas..Black Lagoon..Mercenaries 2 world in Flames. Not much else to call on it..hard to kinda review you own stuff.

Drew's SMB/Bleach track---Da hell man...don't drink and edit!!! hahaha..

Castor's SoTC track--Another game I never got to play but a good combo.

Chaosprojects's Cars track--Another one of my ideas kinda pulled together after some rounds of racing and finding a remix of the song. Love some of the shots in this track.

Bebop's Sonic Spinball track--Heh..Wow I remember this game use to play the hell out of in high school. Good memories..

Drew's TF2 track--Good combo here. I like the mix between the ROD and TF2. I good solid cross-over.

FallChild's Solitaire Track--This was priceless!!! nuff said...

Cenit's C&C Track--Loved this track..Love that song..though I have never seen the anime i felt the combo was great. It fit great with the C&C theme. Excellent work...

Castor's Snatcher track--Man..i remember the days of the Sega CD..I don't think I ever played this game though..think I was too busy watching half naked girls in Night Trap..yes..I owned Night Trap for the Sega CD..The combo in this video was good still think the most shocking part was the voice action..man..where did they get those people..

Chaosprojects's DOA Track--Boobs, Boobs, Fan-service, Boobs, repeat.

FallChild's Whip it track--Good times man.

Wired Knight's TF 2 track--Some one get that kid a damn dispenser!!!! Another one of my favorite tracks..Loved the comedy in this one.

Wired Knight's No More Heroes track--This track could not kick any more ass unless it included Chuck Norris but then we would have never lived pass the premiere. This by far was one of my most favorite tracks in the project..this is one of those games that is right up my alley but then they put in on a system where I wouldn't play it. Excellent scenes..excellent song!!!

Chaosprojects SFIV track-A combo of two games and an anime..Street fighter and a song from Rock Band. Of course my lovely band "This was a Triumph!!" headlining you get to meet at the beginning. Oh and for those of you that didn't understand the last girl aka bass player name. Her name is "Keki no uso desu" Keki = Cake and Uso = an untruth/lie. I think you can get the rest from there.

Drew's Donkey Kong short--You made this during the same night of binge drinking that you made the the SMB/Bleach short.

Drew's Friday the 13th track--Man..I use to hate this game..this game was made way too hard for it's own good. I think I had to cheat to finish this game. An interesting track to say the least.

Castor's Trauma Center track--Man..oh man..you love to do this don't you..you did it last time with Phoenix Wright and now with Trauma Center. Loved this track too one of those tracks that is funny but with a twist in the middle that was unexpected as normal. Brilliant sir, Brilliant!!!

Suberunker Overture track--While it has been around a while it still never fails to appeal to the crowd and pull them in. I still love this track as a video game person.

Ending tracks--A good ending and great way to close out the project...oh god the message from MJ was priceless it caused my jaw to drop as it truly brought things full circle for the past projects. Even though he slacked off the last few years the project is still his and we still enjoy them.

Well I think that does it for my review of the video. As say I loved it and have watched it about 6-7 times and listening to the tracks as I even write right now. Excellent work everyone!!! I will try to get my tracks upload hopefully this week and get them posted up in here and look forward to pulling down some of the other tracks as well.

Ishbalan
Org Profile

Post by Ishbalan » Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:38 pm

The sheer amount of work that must have gone into this thing astounds me more than anything.
Seriously, you guys should get an award or something.

12/10

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:07 pm

ChaosProjects wrote: I am sure Castor was like "I wish this dude would stop submitting entries." at one point. When I first started I had to have had like 10 something ideas and then got it narrowed down.
Haha, no way man, we could have done a whole project by ourselves! 8-)

But huge thanks for the 3 tracks you did. I still remember the great reaction to the DOA track at AWA. :up:
Ishbalan wrote:The sheer amount of work that must have gone into this thing astounds me more than anything.
Seriously, you guys should get an award or something.

12/10
The biggest award is your enjoyment of the project! Thanks!

It makes me feel sad to end it after all these years, but I couldn't have asked for a better conclusion to the saga.
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

drewaconclusion
What this is, I don't even...
Org Profile

Post by drewaconclusion » Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:28 pm

ChaosProjects wrote: Drew's SMB/Bleach track---Da hell man...don't drink and edit!!! hahaha..

Drew's Donkey Kong short--You made this during the same night of binge drinking that you made the the SMB/Bleach short.
Sorry to disappoint you, but I rarely ever drink. Maybe I just watch too many weird movies. Interesting trivia, those two tracks weren't even made in the same year. I made the "Ichigo Hack" in fall '08 as a part of a solo project that I still haven't finished. Probably should. My "In Honor of Pi Day" video was another cannibalized clip from that project. Though I don't think I'd include that one back in it.

Another piece of trivia, Robot Monster is considered on par with Plan 9 From Outer Space for worst movie. Should check it out.
ImageImage

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:40 pm

This MEP makes me realize what a failure of a coordinator I am. :oops:

Oh well, nice work guys. The trauma center one was my favorite, and whoever did it gets 100 internets for merging House, Dr. Mario and Naruto. :amv:

Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:09 am

These projects are usually too long for me to sit through and enjoy from start to end, but I did realy enjoy most of what I saw at AWA. Especially the House one :3 (one i remember the most) Good work guys. :up:

-BL-
Org Profile

Post by -BL- » Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:50 pm

Bakadeshi wrote:These projects are usually too long for me to sit through and enjoy from start to end, but I did realy enjoy most of what I saw at AWA.
x2

Good job guys :up:

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”