problem with quality of export from FCP

For discussion on Mac software and video editing on Mac computers.
eternityprod
Org Profile

Re: problem with quality of export from FCP

Post by eternityprod » Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:52 pm

do you mean i cannot fix my current video that i uploaded without starting it over completely? is there a way i can fix the source footage and just relink the media on the time line in FCP and then export it and go though the process in your guide?

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:58 pm

eternityprod wrote:do you mean i cannot fix my current video that i uploaded without starting it over completely? is there a way i can fix the source footage and just relink the media on the time line in FCP and then export it and go though the process in your guide?
This depends largely on what type of footage you were using to edit with. I presume as it was 720p that it was probably preprocessed. What you needed to do was take the clips from that original source file and convert them to a high quality or lossless (preferably) format prior to editing. If you think you can manage to do that and be frame accurate, then yes, it is possible to relink the footage. Now if you just tossed in the AVI whole, and proceeded to cut into it, in the timeline, then you're fine. Just convert the whole file to a high quality/lossless format and relink.

As for what you can do after editing... depending on how many effects or transitions you had? Easy to damn near impossible. Without seeing the video, I don't know. It's best to just not put yourself in that situation.

For your future reference, we don(t mind helping, but you should read all stickies/guides prior to posting a question. We get very agitated after putting in a lot of work on them just to see people ignore them.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

eternityprod
Org Profile

Post by eternityprod » Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:07 pm

i can understand that but thank you for helping me out anyway and your saying its hard to say without seeing it the video is posted on the site http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... p?v=172188

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:22 pm

I'm at work now. It will be eight hours before I can download and view the video.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Return to “Mac Software”