Kimi ni Todoke

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Moonlight Soldier
girl with bells
Org Profile

Re: Kimi ni Todoke

Post by Moonlight Soldier » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:28 pm

I am all over this show D:
I second the Bokura Ga Ita feel, I think it's the softness of the animation.

guy07
Org Profile

Post by guy07 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:16 pm

Looking good so far. :up:

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:04 pm

Sadako is <3

That is all so far. :D
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:28 pm

Time for
Spoiler :
the shit to hit the fan. Mean girl from the looks of things, though I've been surprised so far that the two popular looking girls have not been more on Sadako's case.

Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:58 am

Moonlight Soldier wrote: I second the Bokura Ga Ita feel, I think it's the softness of the animation.
and the big smiles/mouths in some of the scenes, I think thats the biggest reason for me.

Sadako = "The Ring" girl from Hyakko getting her own series? :lol:

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:12 am

I hope shit doesn't get too serious. The development here is really going at a snail's pace, but honestly, Sadako's slowness is part of her goodness. I like that so far, instead of slipping into the usual drastic "Believe in yourself!"/"Be yourself!"/"Let other people act for you!" trap that a lot of this stuff falls into, Sadako is just naturally and slowly adjusting herself. She's a little too emotional about it sometimes, but otherwise she's really easy to sympathise with. Mega-drama might ruin it >__>
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:47 pm

Truths. She'll be that much more awesome of a character if she's able to fend off that stuff without relying on the guy to do it for her :|

guy07
Org Profile

Post by guy07 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:38 pm

Annndd here comes the drama. :D

Did she say 100 men .... my god. She gets around. What's her number again? :ying:

Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:20 am

This is fast falling under the typical Guy-is-too-perfect-always-there-to-save-girl-and-say-exactly-the-right-things-all-the-time trap that most shojo anime gets caught up in. Not that thats particularly a bad thing, I guess some people like an escape from reality in their anime ;p still, I for one rather the guy be a little more realistic myself. Mitsuru Adachi's characters for example have a very good balance of guys who are cool in subtle ways, yet still sometimes make mistakes. Thats what I love about his mangas the most.

Moonlight Soldier
girl with bells
Org Profile

Post by Moonlight Soldier » Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:15 am

Actually I think it's refreshing that the guy in this case is just as shy about being around her as she is him. And that she's TOTALLY oblivious to it. I hope for the best. This show makes me feel all melty with romantic ooze. I wuv it.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”