Kimi ni Todoke

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Kimi ni Todoke

Post by mirkosp » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:13 am

Wikipedia wrote:Sawako Kuronuma, called Sadako by her classmates for her resemblance to the character from Ring, has always been feared and misunderstood because of her appearance. There are rumors that Sawako can see ghosts and curse people. But when her idol, popular boy Kazehaya, begins talking with her, everything changes. She finds herself in a new world, trying to make friends and talking to different people and she can't thank Kazehaya enough for giving her these opportunities. Slowly, but surely, a sweet love is blossoming between the two as they will overtake any circumstance or clear obstacles in their way.
Checking out the art style, it seems kinda similar to korean animation, and also the colors feel very watercolor-like. Or is it just me? :o

OropherZero
Org Profile

Re: Kimi ni Todoke

Post by OropherZero » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:19 am

In first! I like the animation of this, could be a possible SAUCE for an easy drama vid with only cross dissolves.

Sawnah
Org Profile

Post by Sawnah » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:23 am

I hope I don't get shot for this, but except for the curses and ghosts, the storyline does remind me of Fruits Basket a little, without the retarded zodiac thing. Except that unlike Sawako, Tohru wasn't feared or misunderstood. But yeah, popular boy makes contact and the girl is thankful. xD That's what rang the bells in my head. Again, don't shoot me anyone. :D You can't deny this fact.
Nonetheless, I think this might be worth checking into, which I might be planning to do someday.
~ There you were, wild and free ~

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Post by EkaCoralian » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:02 pm

I absolutely LOVED episode 1. Kazehaya is so epic! =D
I can't wait until the next episode~

EvaFan
Org Profile

Post by EvaFan » Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:24 am

Reminds me of Bokura ga Ita for some reason.
"The people cannot be [...] always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to [...] the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to public liberty. What country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned [...] that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson

guy07
Org Profile

Post by guy07 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:05 pm

Will be following. Even though it's a basic shoujo plot, it's still interesting.

Ishbalan
Org Profile

Post by Ishbalan » Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:25 pm

Mamiko Noto ftw. Beautiful first episode. Captivating, and great charcters. Lets hope that it doesn't descend into typical shoujo bullshit as has been my experience with the genre.

Willen
Now in Hi-Def!
Org Profile

Post by Willen » Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:42 am

Ishbalan wrote:Mamiko Noto ftw. Beautiful first episode. Captivating, and great charcters. Lets hope that it doesn't descend into typical shoujo bullshit as has been my experience with the genre.
I pretty much expect that any shoujo series will possibly go all total drama at some point.

At any rate, after watching episode 2, this show is now on my 'to watch' list this season.
Having trouble playing back videos? I recommend: Image

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:41 pm

Terrific. I lol'd quite a bit, will definitely be following this one.

Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:09 pm

Eva-Fan wrote:Reminds me of Bokura ga Ita for some reason.
I thought this aswell, but eps1 was quite enjoyable, I'll be following this one for sure ;p

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”