Questions about Pinnacle Studio 12

wilLAG
Org Profile

Questions about Pinnacle Studio 12

Post by wilLAG » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:19 pm

Hi, I'm relatively new to AMV-making. I've done minor stuff on WMM but this is my first venture into actually making a video. I wanted to stick with software that was reasonable priced, and so after playing around with a trial version of Pinnacle Studio 12, I ended up getting the Ultimate edition.

Eventually, if I get more serious about video editing and making AMVs, I may upgrade and learn more sophisticated software, but for now I'm sticking simple.

For the most part, everything was working good with the program, until I came across some issues with a few scenes. Whenever I would play them, the video that shows what the final result would be would freeze up until it moved on to the next clip. If I start from that clip and let it load the scene normally plays just fine, but if I start from a scene before it, it'll freeze up. I read stuff online that the rendering might be slow and that the final product should still be fine, but just to check I made the video and what comes out is a green screen during those moments (or it shows a repeat of the previous clip).

I use AlltoAVI to change mkvs to AVI, and then upload those videos to the program (which automatically splits them up into segments, which is really nice). They play well on their own, but once I add a few of them into my AMV and edit their length, they suddenly just don't show the scenes anymore (they freeze or show the previous clip).

I've played around with those clips tirelessly... deleting them, re-adding them in, and nothing seems to work. Could this be an issue with my memory or video card? Would upgrading help?

Computer Info:
Toshiba Satellite A215
AMD Turion(tm) 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-60 2.00 GHz
1918 MB RAM

Thank you.
"Sometimes, a willow faces a strong and forceful wind. It bends and some of its beautiful leaves may be blown off, but it doesn't break. It blends with the power of the wind and ends up stronger for it." --Yume Kazerei

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Re: Questions about Pinnacle Studio 12

Post by AimoAio » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:11 am

Never used Pinnacle before so I may be wrong but...are you converting your source clips into lossless huffys/lagarith files before importing into your editing program?

Also you mentioned it being just the one clip freezing up...have you tried playing this clip normally in a media player?Does it play in the media player? If it still doesn't then perhaps you converted it wrong.

wilLAG
Org Profile

Post by wilLAG » Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:31 pm

No I don't. I import the whole episode (in AVI) to the program and it automatically splits the scenes for me. And then I select the scenes I want and trim them as needed.

I haven't learned to use the programs for converting the source clips into lossless huffys/lagarith files beforehand... tho' I might try now and see if I can make it work that way.
"Sometimes, a willow faces a strong and forceful wind. It bends and some of its beautiful leaves may be blown off, but it doesn't break. It blends with the power of the wind and ends up stronger for it." --Yume Kazerei

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:59 am

This guide should help you.

Return to “Video Editing Software”