AMVbe 1.2 Now in Beta

If you have questions about compression/encoding/converting look here.
Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck
Org Profile

AMVbe 1.2 Now in Beta

Post by Bakadeshi » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:00 am

AMVbe (formally Deshi's AMV Batch Encoder)
more screenshots
Current version 1.2 beta1 (Beta software, Finalizing)
What needs testing: Pretty much everything ;p lots of code changes since last version, though it may not physically look much different. Also the included build of mencoder is Athlon optimized, can someone confirm does this run on P3 and P4 systems? I am also thinking of releasing multiple optimized versions for all cpu types with the next update.

New in 1.2 Beta 1:

- added mencoder filter system and expanded Avisynth filter system to video tab for
easily applying various cleanup, resize, deinterlace, etc type filters to input for all
processed files in the batch
* mencoder builtin filters are usually very fast, as they are designed to be used during normal playback. Avisynth filters are
usually better quality with a tradeoff for speed.
- added additional profiles, and completed ones that were not
yet complete (such as ps3 profile)
- added more changeable audio settings to most profiles
- added more changeable video settings to most profiles
- rearanged some tabs and options to easier navigation
- more options save position on exit
- faster loading times
- some interface tweaks (like autocomplete) to make things easier
- fixed low audio bitrate problem when using neroaac with some profiles
- added auto bitrate adjustment option to fit video within 2gb file,
usefull for hardware players and some file systems. Will only work
when using bitrate settings, not constant quality/quantizer.
- many small bug fixes and incomplete options fixed.
- Ogg/theora added for experimental HTML5 video encoding (firefox 3.5+)
- Upgraded to beta status with this version.

The Program: wrote: http://www.shinrasoft.com/amvbe/AMVbe_1.2 beta1.zip
- Download this file, extract to a location on your harddrive (with enough space for temporary processing, at least couple hundred megs) and run program from AMVbe.exe

Windows XP and earlier users: Requires .Net 2.0 Runtime or later
Windows Vista/7 users need not install anything extra.

Note: If you think you already have .net installed, just try to run it, it will give an error if you need to install it.
Sourcecode (VB.net):
http://www.shinrasoft.com/amvbe/AMVbe_1 ... source.zip

About the Program:

This was a little program that started out as a way for me to mass-convert all AuN's amvs for streaming from the website, but has grown to the point that I decided I should share it with the rest of the community that may find it useful ;p This is just a GUI to other programs that do the actual work. (Mainly mencoder) Its is designed in way to make converting Many amvs, anime episodes, or DVDs to different formats easy and quick. (with subtitle support) The program is desinged to make it easy for people that don't know much about compressing to get high quality encodes, since it has preset profiles that you choose based on your type media.

I consider this Open source software, so source is also available, and you can modify this for your own needs. (if you add features that is usefull and want me to add it to my program, let me know via PM or email and i'll probably add it. ^^)

See "Known issues.txt" and "changelog.txt" in the package zip file for older changelog info and any known issues you should be aware of before using the program.
Last edited by Bakadeshi on Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:32 pm, edited 17 times in total.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Re: Deshi's AMV Batch Encoder now pulic beta

Post by CodeZTM » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:15 am

I'll get this when I get home, and I have VERY high hopes for this. :up:

Inan
Another one
Org Profile

Post by Inan » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:21 am

holy smokes

/gets

LantisEscudo
Org Profile

Post by LantisEscudo » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:58 am

Awesome. I was looking for a decent batch encoder recently and wasn't having much luck. This should help quite nicely.

Corran
Org Profile

Post by Corran » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:15 pm

The PSP output files don't work on my android based phone. My phone only rendered the audio. To support android and the iPhone, you just need to encode using the h.264 baseline profile. I'm not sure what the exact baseline settings are but the settings from my windows batch file encoder work fine. You can see them using the mencoder switches below in pseudo code.

Code: Select all

mencoder.exe "$inputPath" -o "$workingDir . 'videotrack.264'" -passlogfile "$workingDir . 'x264pass.log'" -of rawvideo -nosound -ofps $framerate -ovc x264 -x264encopts bitrate=$bitrate:subme=6:analyse=p8x8,b8x8,i4x4,p4x4:no-ssim:no-cabac:pass=1:threads=auto -slang en -vf scale,harddup -zoom -xy 480
The -slang en part will render the english softsub track which will result the subs being hardcoded to the resulting output video. If you want a different language sub track you can change "en" to something else. (i.e. "ja" for japanese track)

That said, I would like to see the ability to hard code softsubs. Perhaps you can let the user choose the subtitle track to use for encoding with a small text or drop down box?

There are two other things that would be awesome, imo.
  1. Saving the last Compression File Type and Profile used. For example, when I tried the psp settings I was using [3][1]. ([Compression File Type][Profile]) When I closed and reopened the program, the drop downs were reset back to [4][01]. I personally would prefer them to remain what I was using last run of the program.
  2. This second request may not be all that practical for you to implement but is a feature of the batch file I created. While Ashyukun was beta testing my converter with his iPhone, one of the features he requested was the ability to put files in a directory, run the encoder via window's task scheduler, and then have the original source files moved elsewhere as they are done encoding. This allowed him to download videos during the day to a directory, go to bed, wake up the next day with the resulting encodes ready to be loaded on to his iPhone, and have the original processed files moved to a final/different location. (So the scheduler doesn't re-encode them the next time it runs.)

If you could add those features, I wouldn't have much of a reason to maintain my batch file converter. :)

Other than the psp type test I haven't played with it too much, but it looks nice and rather simple. Even though you are going for simplicity, you might want to make a simple visual guide for absolute encoding newbies once this is no longer beta.

Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:25 pm

Corran wrote:The PSP output files don't work on my android based phone. My phone only rendered the audio. To support android and the iPhone, you just need to encode using the h.264 baseline profile. I'm not sure what the exact baseline settings are but the settings from my windows batch file encoder work fine. You can see them using the mencoder switches below in pseudo code.

Code: Select all

mencoder.exe "$inputPath" -o "$workingDir . 'videotrack.264'" -passlogfile "$workingDir . 'x264pass.log'" -of rawvideo -nosound -ofps $framerate -ovc x264 -x264encopts bitrate=$bitrate:subme=6:analyse=p8x8,b8x8,i4x4,p4x4:no-ssim:no-cabac:pass=1:threads=auto -slang en -vf scale,harddup -zoom -xy 480
The -slang en part will render the english softsub track which will result the subs being hardcoded to the resulting output video. If you want a different language sub track you can change "en" to something else. (i.e. "ja" for japanese track)

That said, I would like to see the ability to hard code softsubs. Perhaps you can let the user choose the subtitle track to use for encoding with a small text or drop down box?
Actually I read that mencoder encodes the subtitles automatically, so I thought I didn;t have to add that feature (though admittidly, I never tested it on a softsubbed file) I'll add that to the psp profile. Thanks for the headsup.

I believe its probably the "no-cabac" switch that Iphone and android need, since PSP seems to support cabac no problem, I left it in for better quality. I'll add a Iphone/Android profile with the baseline settings (If your willing to test it) and see if it works for you.

Actually I like the idea for that last feature, I'll think about ways I can implement that without too much trouble, possibly add scheduling in the app itself, or some kind of command switch to throw at it to make it run in automatic mode (probably the easiest to do). I'll think of something.

Corran
Org Profile

Post by Corran » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:29 pm

Bakadeshi wrote:I'll add a Iphone/Android profile with the baseline settings (If your willing to test it) and see if it works for you.
Sure thing. I don't have an iPod/iPhone to test with though. Maybe you can message Ashyukun about testing with his phone as well.

Also, perhaps you could add a profile for PS3 consoles? Again, not sure what settings are optimal here, but they ought to be documented somewhere on the net... I could test this on my PS3 if you don't have one. I have a 360 to test with as well if that can play h.264 content or if you write a profile for it. Haven't tried it to be honest.

Edit:
One last suggestion would be to rename the Compression File Types and reorganize them so they are easier to identify. In my opinion it would be best to label them alphabetical by purpose and then by any technical details.

For example:
Console - PS3 (.mp4)
Console - XBOX 360 (.???)
Conventions - Mpeg2 (.mpg)
Distro - AVI/MP3 (.avi)
Distro - Mpeg4/AAC (.mp4)
Portable Device - Android/iPhone/iPod (.mp4)
Portable Device - Nintendo DS - DSVideo for homebrew (.dvs)
Portable Device - Nintendo DS - tuna-vids homebrew (.nds.avi)
Portable Device - PSP (.mp4)
Streaming - Flash for web (.flv)
Streaming - Mpeg4 for web (.mp4)

Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:56 pm

Corran wrote: One last suggestion would be to rename the Compression File Types and reorganize them so they are easier to identify. In my opinion it would be best to label them alphabetical by purpose and then by any technical details.
Good idea, I'll do that.

Though I personally don't have a need for it, since my PC is also my media pc (hooked up to my HDTV directly), I'll look into the ps3 and xbox settings aswell, since its not really hard to add them.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi » Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:39 am

Try this version for subtitle support: http://www.aunstudios.com/downloads/amvbatchenc.exe
you'll need to copy a truetype font to the mplayer folder in the amvbatchenc folder and rename it to subfont.ttf for subtitle rendering,

or just grab this free one:
http://www.aunstudios.com/downloads/subfont.ttf

I like to use this one for PSP since it renders bigger than the others makes it easier to see on the small screen.

I'll update the packages above once i'm done with a few more changes...

Corran
Org Profile

Post by Corran » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:11 pm

Subtitles work with your instructions when I used the psp w/subs option. The font you linked to is fine, though on occasion when there were multiple lengthy sentences, the text would fill the entire lower half of the screen. Will there be an option to toggle the font used to an installed system font when profiles become editable? I'm kind of partial to the dejavu serif fonts which mplayer uses by default on my system. Can't remember how these ended up installed on my computers... they might have been installed by an opensource program I use. The text renders a bit smaller than the font you provided, but I find it still easy to read on my phone.
http://dejavu-fonts.org/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

Return to “Conversion / Encoding Help”