The never ending(?) quartal MEP[s(?)]

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

The never ending(?) quartal MEP[s(?)]

Post by Nya-chan Production » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:45 am

Yo, dawgs! o/

I am Nya-chun (as someone on IRC nicely calls me... wuz it darkly?) Production and some of you might know me. Because of my AMVs. Or maybe because of P:E, Mellow Project or {still very silent and almost [but not yet (maybe)] dead} FATPB MEP. Also, Shinkai (inb4mudkiplock).

Now, what has my insane head thought of today.

Well, you all know it. let's be honest among us. One band MEPs fail. Well, not all of them. Only 95%. Am I in the chosen 5%? Nope (which is why I won't bother to organize such thing and instead edit those tracks myself, mwahahahahaha!).

Now, what "might" be a little better would be a single-anime MEP. But here we have another problem. All the good anime already have a MEP (better or worse). And some of those have failed as well and blah-blah-blah, you know the drill. So... why not use the new, fresh series (and hope it won't fail, ofc)?

tl;dr The Plan:

- We edit with current season anime (that's why there's the time and approx. 13 people)
- We (some editors, around 13 people, maybe more (coop not excluded) will pick up one anime from the choice I offer (this choice can be extended, if majority agrees) early in the season (as early as possible - I know I am slightly late for Fall, but there have been some... circumstances. Like gaysecks. Yeah.) and throughout the season will edit it.
- Every person will use exactly one episode. This person can't use intros from the previous ep in the start of their episode (unless it has changed animation) and previews (never). The usage of opening will be based series by series. You can't also use flashbacks. If the episode is made over 50% (of usable footage by previous rules) from flashbacks, it'll be dropped.
- The song will be chosen by some weird people in black cloaks and divided into +-13 parts of approximately same length (should be 3-4 minutes song, so one person should have around 15-20s, depending on the episode count as well). No overused shet, I'll prolly ask someone for something creative, though time to time (if this keeps up) we might go crazy.
- Prefered genre: random upbeat/dancey shots - that is, unless we choose a serie with a lot of romance/drama, in which case we'll prolly portray a story.
- The technical info will depend on the screening format. Should usually be 29.97fps, 848x480 (if the show will air in 4:3 and lately in 16:9, we'll wait for 16:9 release), lagarith or HQ h264 mp4.
- Every part will get submitted alone with some oversize for transitions.
- If success, repeat in the next season.

Offer for this season:
Nyan Koi! (12 eps, fun, fanservice)
To Aru Kagaku no Choudenjibou (Usage of original Index is a no-no) (12? eps, action, fun)
Seitokai no Ichizon (? eps, fun)
Kimi no Todoke (? eps, romance)
Sasameki Koto (? eps, romance, fun?)
Kämpfer (12 eps, action, fanservice)
Letter Bee (Tegami Bachi) (13 eps, drama?)
Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu Purezza♪ (? eps, romance, fun, fanservice)

In case any of ? gets more than 15 episodes, it's out and if we picked it up (if we do, we wait for episode number confirmation, up to episode 4, after that we change for the flow), we'll change it to a backup anime.

So, anyone interested?

If so, write down that you're joining and some info:

3 anime you would like to edit with:
1 anime that would be the best as a backup (has to have given number of eps):
1 anime you wouldn't want to edit to (not necessary):
If any time is limited for you within the season, write it down:

That's all, scramble!
Last edited by Nya-chan Production on Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Re: The never ending(?) quartal MEP[s(?)]

Post by CodeZTM » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:13 pm

Considering I haven't heard of any of those anime, nor do I wish to even pronounce them I'm out. =(

But good lucks. :amv:

Shui
Shuitcake
Org Profile

Post by Shui » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:15 pm

:nono:
Spoiler :
fucking stealing other poeples hard work and claiming it as your own, you guys should be ashemed

ppl fukin fuk spent years making those animes, blood sweat and spilt coffe stains drawing all day long just to get a title "animator: this GUY" and then those music ppl spend years learning to produce music, teams of so many hard working ppl just trying to get their stuff out there in the world then WHAT TEH FUK DO U GUYS DO? u fukin take the drawings, u fukin take the music, then u just slap it fukin together like its fukin nothing, then u make banners and og take credit for it fukin all like u fukin made shit goin amv contests actin liek ur teh fukin shit fukin sayin i amde this fukin liek if u fukin did fukin makin fukin the fukin fukin fukin fukin - MiyaDV (2014)

Nya-chan Production
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:16 pm

Oh, right, forgot to write one important thing in bold.

EDIT: First post updated.

Kazemon15
Org Profile

Post by Kazemon15 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:29 pm

I usually pick an underused anime anyway for MEPs...since that's all I kinda own.

But I never heard of any of those anime either, so....and I would join, but I suck at dance/upbeat and the anime choice I want to use doesn't have any dance/upbeat...

So, good luck to you. If this succeeds, I'll watch it.

Dar
yuri addict
Org Profile

Post by Dar » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:39 pm

it could take forever for the DVDS to be available in the US.

Kazemon15
Org Profile

Post by Kazemon15 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:56 pm

Dar wrote:it could take forever for the DVDS to be available in the US.
R2s ftw. :)

But really, not everyone can obtain R2s or dvd quality of currant footage... unless they're crazy like me, who dish out the money to buy R2s of a certain series that isn't licensed...

Fall_Child42
has a rock
Org Profile

Post by Fall_Child42 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:34 pm

People are all saying basically the same things I was saying in the IRC.

I would suggest choosing some series you like, but ones that also have DVDs available for north Americans / Europeans to use.

Nya-chan Production
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:45 pm

/thread

mirkosp(/anyone), lock this, please... I suppose nobody gets my idea...

Fall_Child42
has a rock
Org Profile

Post by Fall_Child42 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:49 pm

we get your idea, but using something that comes out two weeks from now IN JAPAN AND ONLY ON TV is not really practical.

You can easily do the same thing with any series that has been released on DVD.

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”