AWA 09 Unofficial Results thread

This forum is for the announcement and discussion of anime music video contests.

Re: AWA 09 Unofficial Results thread

Postby Brakus » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:33 pm

machina21 wrote:
Bakadeshi wrote:
Not just something, It was quite funny when Jiguro brought out the certificate, said something like "crap ima need a bigger award" tossed it away and 2 guys came walking on stage carrying what looked like a 2'x6' foot approximate award certificate with the words "big BIG Grand Prize" on it :lol: Good times, and congrats!

Haha, that's excellent!

Thanks for the congrats.I hope the kids enjoyed it, I can't stand to watch it anymore sometimes, too tacky in some parts. :sweat:

Are you sure you're not acting as a front for Brad DeMoss? :) (Considering he's used Peter Gabriel songs in the past for his videos and still hasn't won anything for them yet at AWA? [unless I'm forgetting "Rhythm of the Heat"...] )

Don't worry about not standing to watch the video anymore - there were some videos that we VAT staffers were hoping that no one would ask for again. I don't know how many times we got asked to play "Something Fishy" during the weekend, but I can tell you it was way too many. :) I won't mind watching your video over and over again, at least for the time being. It was so much fun!

And before I forget, congratulations to you as well. I already gave my sentiments about your vid but i'll say it again:

Good shit :up:

Bakadeshi, I gave you the "Divine Retribution" staff award for "Soul Groove" - I was so disappointed to see it lose out to Studio Hybrid at Otakon.... and I was thrilled to find out your video took the Best Action award from Studio Hybrid at AWA. Awesome - I'm glad to know that most editors still have decent taste in each other's videos. :) :)
~BRAKUS~
Otakon AMV Theater staff, AWA AMV VAT staff
"Defying the future one step at a time"
Brakus

Postby -Corsair- » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:02 pm

Congrats and thanks to all the editors out there! =D
Best Timing seems appropriate for my AMV lol...wish i was there
-Corsair-

Postby machina21 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:29 pm

Brakus wrote:
Are you sure you're not acting as a front for Brad DeMoss? :) (Considering he's used Peter Gabriel songs in the past for his videos and still hasn't won anything for them yet at AWA? [unless I'm forgetting "Rhythm of the Heat"...] )

Don't worry about not standing to watch the video anymore - there were some videos that we VAT staffers were hoping that no one would ask for again. I don't know how many times we got asked to play "Something Fishy" during the weekend, but I can tell you it was way too many. :) I won't mind watching your video over and over again, at least for the time being. It was so much fun!

Haha, well unless i was cloned without my knowledge, Im the real me. Although I will say Brad has had a hand in me getting into this hobby.

Glad y'all enjoyed it.
"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere."
machina21

Postby Bakadeshi » Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:46 pm

Brakus wrote:
Bakadeshi, I gave you the "Divine Retribution" staff award for "Soul Groove" - I was so disappointed to see it lose out to Studio Hybrid at Otakon.... and I was thrilled to find out your video took the Best Action award from Studio Hybrid at AWA. Awesome - I'm glad to know that most editors still have decent taste in each other's videos. :) :)

Thanks! I missed the announcing the staff awards part of the closing ceremonies, so I was completely unaware of this ;p

Probably helped that there were too many Geass videos in the contest and they all looked more or less the same, so i'm sure souleater was a refreshing change ;p
Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck

Postby The Wired Knight » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:03 pm

I gave my guest award to Doki

"Best Product Placement Award"

For iDespair.

Just seemed fitting.
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.
The Wired Knight

Postby Ileia » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:33 pm

In our haste to leave Sunday morning, Copycat and I completely forgot to give guest awards. :oops:
Ileia
CornDog Whisperer

Postby Scoob » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:36 pm

Jay likes poopbutt.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Scoob

Postby Haunter103 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:23 pm

I guess there's not going to be an "Official" Results thread. I know the winners were already posted officially here anyways, but I just wanted to see a list of the guest awards for interest sake.
>O_) >O_) >O_) >O_) >O_) >O_) >O_) >O_) >O_) >O_) >O_) >O_) >O_) >O_) >O_) >O_) >O_) >O_) >O_) >O_) >O_) >O_) >O_) >O_) (_O < (_O < (_O < (_O < (_O < (_O < (_O < (_O < (_O < (_O < (_O < (_O < (_O < (_O < (_O < (_O < (_O < (_O < (_O < (_O < (_O < (_O < (_O < (_O <
Haunter103

Postby Snowcrash » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:52 pm

Haunter103 wrote:I guess there's not going to be an "Official" Results thread. I know the winners were already posted officially here anyways, but I just wanted to see a list of the guest awards for interest sake.

We should send a PM to the organizers ><

Or there is a winners list at thisthis page.
But apparently it's the same list of this topic.
Snowcrash

Postby Haunter103 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:59 pm

Are the guest awards normally listed in the official results thread each year? I can't remember and am too lazy to find the old threads to check. It's not really that important anyways, but I am curious.
>O_) >O_) >O_) >O_) >O_) >O_) >O_) >O_) >O_) >O_) >O_) >O_) >O_) >O_) >O_) >O_) >O_) >O_) >O_) >O_) >O_) >O_) >O_) >O_) (_O < (_O < (_O < (_O < (_O < (_O < (_O < (_O < (_O < (_O < (_O < (_O < (_O < (_O < (_O < (_O < (_O < (_O < (_O < (_O < (_O < (_O < (_O < (_O <
Haunter103

Postby Kitsuner » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:55 pm

Haunter103 wrote:Are the guest awards normally listed in the official results thread each year? I can't remember and am too lazy to find the old threads to check. It's not really that important anyways, but I am curious.

I think I remember Douggie telling me that they haven't listed them for the past two years.
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]
Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness

Postby Snowcrash » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:14 am

Kitsuner wrote:I think I remember Douggie telling me that they haven't listed them for the past two years.

If we look the results of the previous AWA contest, we can see few "weird" awards like "Sad girl in Snow" for the music video of Koop - Twilight.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=90878&hilit=awa
Snowcrash

Postby Castor Troy » Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:58 pm

I'd like to see the guest awards too. Considering I gave out 2 of them.
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone
Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E

Postby Kitsuner » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:46 pm

Sn0wcrash wrote:
Kitsuner wrote:I think I remember Douggie telling me that they haven't listed them for the past two years.

If we look the results of the previous AWA contest, we can see few "weird" awards like "Sad girl in Snow" for the music video of Koop - Twilight.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=90878&hilit=awa

Yeah, but those are actual awards given in the Exposition contest. Guest awards don't really hold the same weight. It's sort of like comparing a Best in Show to an Honorable Mention.
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]
Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness

Postby kholaras » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:03 am

Wagner usually tried to get 'em posted but I think the ones from last year disappeared and this year they went home with Jingoro. I'll try to poke some folks this weekend and see what's up.
kholaras

PreviousNext

Return to AMV Contests