AWA 09 Unofficial Results thread

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Brakus
Org Profile

Re: AWA 09 Unofficial Results thread

Post by Brakus » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:33 pm

machina21 wrote:
Bakadeshi wrote:
Not just something, It was quite funny when Jiguro brought out the certificate, said something like "crap ima need a bigger award" tossed it away and 2 guys came walking on stage carrying what looked like a 2'x6' foot approximate award certificate with the words "big BIG Grand Prize" on it :lol: Good times, and congrats!
Haha, that's excellent!

Thanks for the congrats.I hope the kids enjoyed it, I can't stand to watch it anymore sometimes, too tacky in some parts. :sweat:
Are you sure you're not acting as a front for Brad DeMoss? :) (Considering he's used Peter Gabriel songs in the past for his videos and still hasn't won anything for them yet at AWA? [unless I'm forgetting "Rhythm of the Heat"...] )

Don't worry about not standing to watch the video anymore - there were some videos that we VAT staffers were hoping that no one would ask for again. I don't know how many times we got asked to play "Something Fishy" during the weekend, but I can tell you it was way too many. :) I won't mind watching your video over and over again, at least for the time being. It was so much fun!
And before I forget, congratulations to you as well. I already gave my sentiments about your vid but i'll say it again:

Good shit :up:
Bakadeshi, I gave you the "Divine Retribution" staff award for "Soul Groove" - I was so disappointed to see it lose out to Studio Hybrid at Otakon.... and I was thrilled to find out your video took the Best Action award from Studio Hybrid at AWA. Awesome - I'm glad to know that most editors still have decent taste in each other's videos. :) :)
~BRAKUS~
Otakon AMV Theater staff

"Oh, leggings. That's right, everyone in this country wears them. Do I have to?"
-- Rider (Iskander), Fate/Zero

-Corsair-
Org Profile

Post by -Corsair- » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:02 pm

Congrats and thanks to all the editors out there! =D
Best Timing seems appropriate for my AMV lol...wish i was there

machina21
Org Profile

Post by machina21 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:29 pm

Brakus wrote:
Are you sure you're not acting as a front for Brad DeMoss? :) (Considering he's used Peter Gabriel songs in the past for his videos and still hasn't won anything for them yet at AWA? [unless I'm forgetting "Rhythm of the Heat"...] )

Don't worry about not standing to watch the video anymore - there were some videos that we VAT staffers were hoping that no one would ask for again. I don't know how many times we got asked to play "Something Fishy" during the weekend, but I can tell you it was way too many. :) I won't mind watching your video over and over again, at least for the time being. It was so much fun!
Haha, well unless i was cloned without my knowledge, Im the real me. Although I will say Brad has had a hand in me getting into this hobby.

Glad y'all enjoyed it.
"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere."

Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi » Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:46 pm

Brakus wrote:
Bakadeshi, I gave you the "Divine Retribution" staff award for "Soul Groove" - I was so disappointed to see it lose out to Studio Hybrid at Otakon.... and I was thrilled to find out your video took the Best Action award from Studio Hybrid at AWA. Awesome - I'm glad to know that most editors still have decent taste in each other's videos. :) :)
Thanks! I missed the announcing the staff awards part of the closing ceremonies, so I was completely unaware of this ;p

Probably helped that there were too many Geass videos in the contest and they all looked more or less the same, so i'm sure souleater was a refreshing change ;p

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:03 pm

I gave my guest award to Doki

"Best Product Placement Award"

For iDespair.

Just seemed fitting.
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:33 pm

In our haste to leave Sunday morning, Copycat and I completely forgot to give guest awards. :oops:

Scoob
Org Profile

Post by Scoob » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:36 pm

Jay likes poopbutt.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Haunter103
Org Profile

Post by Haunter103 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:23 pm

I guess there's not going to be an "Official" Results thread. I know the winners were already posted officially here anyways, but I just wanted to see a list of the guest awards for interest sake.
●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

Snowcrash
Org Profile

Post by Snowcrash » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:52 pm

Haunter103 wrote:I guess there's not going to be an "Official" Results thread. I know the winners were already posted officially here anyways, but I just wanted to see a list of the guest awards for interest sake.
We should send a PM to the organizers ><

Or there is a winners list at thisthis page.
But apparently it's the same list of this topic.

Haunter103
Org Profile

Post by Haunter103 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:59 pm

Are the guest awards normally listed in the official results thread each year? I can't remember and am too lazy to find the old threads to check. It's not really that important anyways, but I am curious.
●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

Return to “AMV Contests”