AWA 09 Unofficial Results thread

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Brakus
Org Profile

Re: AWA 09 Unofficial Results thread

Post by Brakus » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:33 pm

machina21 wrote:
Bakadeshi wrote:
Not just something, It was quite funny when Jiguro brought out the certificate, said something like "crap ima need a bigger award" tossed it away and 2 guys came walking on stage carrying what looked like a 2'x6' foot approximate award certificate with the words "big BIG Grand Prize" on it :lol: Good times, and congrats!
Haha, that's excellent!

Thanks for the congrats.I hope the kids enjoyed it, I can't stand to watch it anymore sometimes, too tacky in some parts. :sweat:
Are you sure you're not acting as a front for Brad DeMoss? :) (Considering he's used Peter Gabriel songs in the past for his videos and still hasn't won anything for them yet at AWA? [unless I'm forgetting "Rhythm of the Heat"...] )

Don't worry about not standing to watch the video anymore - there were some videos that we VAT staffers were hoping that no one would ask for again. I don't know how many times we got asked to play "Something Fishy" during the weekend, but I can tell you it was way too many. :) I won't mind watching your video over and over again, at least for the time being. It was so much fun!
And before I forget, congratulations to you as well. I already gave my sentiments about your vid but i'll say it again:

Good shit :up:
Bakadeshi, I gave you the "Divine Retribution" staff award for "Soul Groove" - I was so disappointed to see it lose out to Studio Hybrid at Otakon.... and I was thrilled to find out your video took the Best Action award from Studio Hybrid at AWA. Awesome - I'm glad to know that most editors still have decent taste in each other's videos. :) :)
~BRAKUS~
Otakon AMV Theater staff

"Oh, leggings. That's right, everyone in this country wears them. Do I have to?"
-- Rider (Iskander), Fate/Zero

-Corsair-
Org Profile

Post by -Corsair- » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:02 pm

Congrats and thanks to all the editors out there! =D
Best Timing seems appropriate for my AMV lol...wish i was there

machina21
Org Profile

Post by machina21 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:29 pm

Brakus wrote:
Are you sure you're not acting as a front for Brad DeMoss? :) (Considering he's used Peter Gabriel songs in the past for his videos and still hasn't won anything for them yet at AWA? [unless I'm forgetting "Rhythm of the Heat"...] )

Don't worry about not standing to watch the video anymore - there were some videos that we VAT staffers were hoping that no one would ask for again. I don't know how many times we got asked to play "Something Fishy" during the weekend, but I can tell you it was way too many. :) I won't mind watching your video over and over again, at least for the time being. It was so much fun!
Haha, well unless i was cloned without my knowledge, Im the real me. Although I will say Brad has had a hand in me getting into this hobby.

Glad y'all enjoyed it.
"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere."

Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi » Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:46 pm

Brakus wrote:
Bakadeshi, I gave you the "Divine Retribution" staff award for "Soul Groove" - I was so disappointed to see it lose out to Studio Hybrid at Otakon.... and I was thrilled to find out your video took the Best Action award from Studio Hybrid at AWA. Awesome - I'm glad to know that most editors still have decent taste in each other's videos. :) :)
Thanks! I missed the announcing the staff awards part of the closing ceremonies, so I was completely unaware of this ;p

Probably helped that there were too many Geass videos in the contest and they all looked more or less the same, so i'm sure souleater was a refreshing change ;p

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:03 pm

I gave my guest award to Doki

"Best Product Placement Award"

For iDespair.

Just seemed fitting.
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:33 pm

In our haste to leave Sunday morning, Copycat and I completely forgot to give guest awards. :oops:
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

Scoob
Org Profile

Post by Scoob » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:36 pm

Jay likes poopbutt.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Haunter103
Org Profile

Post by Haunter103 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:23 pm

I guess there's not going to be an "Official" Results thread. I know the winners were already posted officially here anyways, but I just wanted to see a list of the guest awards for interest sake.
●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

Snowcrash
Org Profile

Post by Snowcrash » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:52 pm

Haunter103 wrote:I guess there's not going to be an "Official" Results thread. I know the winners were already posted officially here anyways, but I just wanted to see a list of the guest awards for interest sake.
We should send a PM to the organizers ><

Or there is a winners list at thisthis page.
But apparently it's the same list of this topic.

Haunter103
Org Profile

Post by Haunter103 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:59 pm

Are the guest awards normally listed in the official results thread each year? I can't remember and am too lazy to find the old threads to check. It's not really that important anyways, but I am curious.
●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

Return to “AMV Contests”