Convention Meetups, Socials, and Events
Forum rules
If posting about a specific convention, please mention the year along with its name in the title.
Adv1sor
Org Profile

Re: FLOATACON IS ON!

Post by Adv1sor » Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:43 pm

In the end, I couldn't secure the funding and had an unexpected run in with Otakon. I've taken down the web site and, if I can get the funding worked out, will try again with a different name.

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:43 pm

Adv1sor wrote:In the end, I couldn't secure the funding and had an unexpected run in with Otakon. I've taken down the web site and, if I can get the funding worked out, will try again with a different name.
That may be, but to go about and delete all your dialogue AND thread title is not very professional or right thing to do here...

Vlad
Sakura-Con 2013 - 2019, 2022 AMV Coordinator
Otafest 2012 - 2024 AMV Coordinator
Animethon 2003 - 2024 AMV Coordinator

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:50 pm

Vlad G Pohnert wrote:
Adv1sor wrote:In the end, I couldn't secure the funding and had an unexpected run in with Otakon. I've taken down the web site and, if I can get the funding worked out, will try again with a different name.
That may be, but to go about and delete all your dialogue AND thread title is not very professional or right thing to do here...

Vlad

And people are always asking about the lack of edit button :roll:

DJ_Izumi
Org Profile

Re: ...

Post by DJ_Izumi » Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:52 pm

His brilliant plan to erase the evidence of his stupid plan would have worked had most of the words not been quoted by other people first. ...AND OUR LITTLE DOG TOO.

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:03 pm

Best Use of Ellipses 2009?
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

Adv1sor
Org Profile

Post by Adv1sor » Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:32 pm

Vlad G Pohnert wrote:
Adv1sor wrote:That may be, but to go about and delete all your dialogue AND thread title is not very professional or right thing to do here.
I deleted it for "other" reasons. I can't control what is quoted. On the bright side, I did get a correspondence today that looks promising so there may still be hope :)

DJ_Izumi
Org Profile

Post by DJ_Izumi » Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:41 pm

Adv1sor wrote:I deleted it for "other" reasons. I can't control what is quoted. On the bright side, I did get a correspondence today that looks promising so there may still be hope :)
Considdering the intelligence you've demonstrated with this entire debacle, I'm going to give you some friendly advice about that correspondence; The Nigerian prince isn't real and he isn't going to give you any money.

Adv1sor
Org Profile

Post by Adv1sor » Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:08 pm

But he said all I had to do was pay the transaction fees and send him my bank account number! :)

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:19 pm

I'll never let go Jack. I'll never let go...
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:32 pm

Why don't you get in touch with Neil Bauman of GeekCruises? He's had years of experience arranging events on cruises...
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Return to “Anime Conventions”