Project Editor II : [Round 2] [Update: Page 130]

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Project Editor II : [Round 2] [Update: Page 130]

Post by CodeZTM » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:24 pm

Project Editor 2

Congratulations on everybody making it through to round #2. Now it’s time to move on to the next challenge.

Your mission for this round is to create a video with a theme surrounding the word you have been assigned.

Words will be assigned by a double blind assignment feature. One of the judges will pick a number between 1-16 [this will represent the editors], and another judge will pick another number between 1-16 [these represent the words]. A final judge will pair the two previous numbers together to get your assigned theme.

You will get your word in a separate pm from me here in the next hour. Please be patient as I go down the line. This message is just a batch pm I send to all contestants to let them know of the theme.

For example, if your word was “monster”, you should create a video that reflects that word. It could be a literal monster, a metaphorical monster, or some other deep interpretation of the word monster.

What the judges will be asked to be looking for is this: “Can the judge tell that this video was meant to be assigned with this word”

Judges will know the word that your video will be assigned with, so no worries in that department, but they won’t know who exactly has what word.

No anime can be used twice, therefore first come first serve, and you must post in the thread your anime selection. The first post will be updated with anime selections as they come in.

You may choose whatever audio you wish to use in this round.

Videos must follow org standards of p, and as such, no over-violence, no sex and no full nudity or sexual intercourse.

Videos must be turned in on no later than October 29, 2009. If you finish early, please send it right away. You do not have to wait until October 29th. There will be no extensions in this round. If I do not have your video in by 11:59:59 on October 29th by Central Standard Time, you will be automatically eliminated.

If you need extra time for RENDERING/UPLOADING ONLY on the 29th due to slow internet connections, I can grant extensions based on need. However, you will be required to tell me the timestamp/filesize of your video, and you cannot edit your video past this point.

Videos should be no longer than 1:45. Seconds can be traded in the main thread.

ROUND 1 RESULTS
Spoiler :
1: Zetzu 88.4%
2: Kitsuner 87.6%
3: Nya 85.9%
4: Yannis 85.4%
5: Vivaldi 85.2%
6: Bauzi 83%
7: LantisEScudo 78.2%
8: Angelyco 75 %
9: PzYrm 74.8%
10: AaronAMV 74.2%
11: Godix 72%
12: Dar 71.5%
13: Inan 68.8%
14: Haze. 68.4%
14: L.Fist 68.4%
15: Neverend 67%
16: Gotenks 63.6%
17: Funstorm 62.4%

Project Editor Background... :

Spoiler :
[Taken From the First Thread]
The first ever Mutli-Editor Iron Chef competition. First and foremost, let's explain the rules.

1) Each contestant must sign on with the intention of doing each competition. If something comes up, please make sure to contact me in time so that arrangements can be made for your case. PM'ing me with one hour before deadline saying "I can't finish" isn't going to cut it.

2) Each contestant must agree and abide by rules set forth by both this contest and Animemusicvideos.org. Any violations will result in disqualification.

3) Each round will have a certain number of contestants that will be eliminated. The contestants with the lowest scores or who do not participate will be. To clear any confusion, this isn't a one-on-one format. Each and every one of you will be fighting against each other for the top.

4) Each round's competition will have a theme. It is the duty of the editor to eximplify that theme to the best of their abilities. Remember, a theme can be both a literal one or a metaphorical one.

5) Editors will have a certain amount of time for each competition. With the competitions I've arranged so far, it ranges from one week to two weeks for editing time. If you need extra editing time or are having issues regarding exporting/uploading/sending, again, please inform me ahead of time so I can make arrangements. I want to give everyone a fair chance at this, but I understand as an editor that things can go seriously wrong. So a courtesty PM would be nice.
Spoiler :
The battle for Nya-Chan’s title is on the line! Hunter will return as obnoxious commentator, and Ghet/mirko make triumphant returns as judges. Sanchez has joined our madness, and of course me, your coordinator and lead judge.

The sequel to the slightly popular Project Editor series. As the second in the series, there are several changes to the rules and the formats that I will be explaining now.

Video Format
Spoiler :
Video Size

If AR is 4:3, edit in 640x480
If AR is 16:9, edit in 848x480

FPS: 29.97

Codec: h264/MP4 or Lagarith/AVI

Permitted Video Types: DVD / High Quality Footage

[Finished Videos should be sent to my PM box and NOT posted here, sent via sendspace]

[No beta videos should be shared with others, and do not post your PE entries on you-tube or uploaded to the catalogue. You may do so AFTER each round’s compilation is finished.]

[Also, if you like, you can contact me prior to or after to the round’s compilation being published on the AMV announcement’s forum and I will add your video catalogue page to the announcement thread for easy access.]

[The video size for each entry round will be edited in 848x480. This is subject to change if a majority of videos are in 640x480, but consider it a general video size.]

Rounds
Spoiler :
I have already determined each round, and have a small spoiler for each round as written below. It is also written how much time each round will permit.

Pre-Registration [1 Week]
Round 1: [20 Contestants] Favortism [2 Weeks]
Round 2: [16 Contestants] Anime Word Association [2 Weeks]
Round 3: [11 Contestants] The Return of Lottery! [2 Weeks]
Round 4: [9 Contestants] Dedicated to … What? [2 Weeks]
Round 5: [6 Contestants] Roll With It [2 Weeks]
Round 6: [4 Contestants] The True Iron Chef [2 Weeks]
Round 7: [2 Contestants] Finale [2 weeks]

Track Slots
1. L.Fist [Eliminated Round 2] [Drop]
2. Dar
3. Nya-chan Production [Champion]
4. Inan [Eliminated Round 2] [Drop]
5. blabbler [Eliminated Round 1] [Drop]
6. LantisEscudo
7. AaronAMV [Eliminated Round 2] [Drop]
8. Vivalidi
9. Nerdstrudel [Eliminated Round 1] [Drop]
10. Zetzu [Eliminated Round 2] [Drop]
11. Kitsuner
12. Funstorm [Eliminated Round 1]
13. ShatteredFlame [Eliminated Round 1][Drop]
14. gotenks794 [Eliminated Round 1]
15. godix
16. Angelyco
17. Haze.
18. Bauzi
19. prYzm
20. Neverend [Eliminated Round 2] [Drop]
23. Cast to Stone

Anime Taken
[Will be Updated Each Round, anime cannot be duplicated, first come first serve]
1. Sonic X
2. Akira,Perfect Blue,Soul Eater,Paranoia Agent,Paprika,One Piece, and possibly Pokemon DP
3. Kumo no Muko, Yokusoko No Basho, KimiAru (They Are My Noble Masters) ; 10 other series and some live action shit
4. One Piece movie 8,Clannad, Air master, and naruto
6. .hack//LIMINALITY, Arcade Gamer Fubuki,Galaxy Angel,Idol Defense Force Hummingbird,Love Hina,Lucky Star,Martian Successor Nadesico,Neon Genesis Evangelion,Rival Schools (PSX),Sailor Moon,Serial Experiments Lain,Shakugan no Shana,Starship Girl Yamamoto Yohko (OVA),Street Fighter Alpha 2 (SNES),Street Fighter Alpha 3 (PSX),Street Fighter II: The World Warrior (SNES),Street Fighter II Turbo (SNES),Street Fighter III: Third Strike (PS2),Super Street Fighter II: The New Challengers, Card Captor Sakura,
7. FLCL
8. Baccano, Sky Crawlers [the], FLCL
10. Cowboy Bebop , Nana, FLCL and Cowboy bebop movie, Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerberus
11. Cromartie High School
15. Girl that Leapt Through Time / higurashi no naku
16. Grave of the Fireflies
17. Kara no Kyoukai
18. He's My Master
19. appleseed
23. azumanga daioh

Meet the Judges!
Spoiler :
Code “MEP Whore” Chrono : Coordinator and starter of the Project Editor series. The “happeh” judge, and the one least likely to assault you with a pointy stick. But he is the most likely to scam you on your taxes and get the IRS on your ass. >.> Take it or leave it is all he has to say.

Sanchez “Lawnmower” Rodriguez: First time formal judge of Project Editor, and the one who will do all the lawnmowing services for the winner. He's damn film student, so you better have a masterful piece of art and storytelling or he'll rip it a new one. He is also the master of the lolis and all loli related products, as the CEO of Loli Incorporated. Fear deh loli. FEAR THEM!

Ghet “Ghonna Ghet Ghu” Gregory Guglarian: Second time judge for the Project Editor series. In last year’s competition, he was the the bish of the group, but this year between Sanchez and him, it’s gonna be hard to tell which one is more critical. Ghet might just lose this advantage however... I mean, Sanchez is a damn film student! Can't get much more insane than that.

Mirkosp “Modkip” Muddikens: Like Ghet, another second time judge for the Project Editor series. Mirko will make your poor videos feel like filthy whores when he gets done with them. So much so, that when they are finished getting judged by him, that they all commit mass suicide via recycle bin and premamently wipe your deleted space so they will never see the light of day again. I don’t know what I’m talking about by this point, so just give me a pity laugh.

The "Original" Origonal Head Hunter: A judge and our loverly commentator from Project Editor I, Hunter makes a successful return. We have to type something special and meaningful here, so please enjoy this limerick. There once was a man named Hunter, who reminded me a lot of my aunt Gunther. When Code got all emo, Hunter went all screamo and took over the project one day. We all love his voice, and hey it's really moist! He's definitly not a mime, and hey I don't mean to interrupt, but Beyonce had the best video of all time. :up:

Project Editor 2’s PRIZE

Spoiler :
That’s right people. This year we have a little more motivation for you all out there.

The winner will be given….

Project Editor Round 2 Champion’s T-Shirt!

[Image will be here later, once I actally get the design ready]

You too could be sporting this FABULOUS piece of clothing for all your nonexistent friends to see! The prize will be furnished and shipped by me, and will be shipped wherever in the world you live [cheapest fare of course…]. The back will contain signatures of all members that was involved with the project. =D

Runner up will receive a small commemorative poster signed by everybody as well.

These are one of a kind items that will only be produced once a year at the end of each project editor to come.

Last edited by CodeZTM on Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:22 pm, edited 97 times in total.

AaronAMV
eating that e. coli spinach
Org Profile

Re: Project Editor II : Pre-Registration [Ends September 28]

Post by AaronAMV » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:34 pm

ill dew eeeeet this time

Username:AaronAMV
Top 5 Favorite Anime:
1. Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann (TV)
2. Baccano! (TV)
3. Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
4. Clannad After Story (TV)
5. Eden of The East (TV)
Position #: 7
Random Word: eye
Last edited by AaronAMV on Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:41 pm

Code wrote:Mirko will make your poor videos feel like filthy whores when he gets done with them.
I liek this. :amv:

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:48 pm

I'm probably going to sign up for this, but...
Code wrote:1. You will have a minimum of 2 weeks to work on each round’s track. Some rounds might be longer, but 2 weeks will be the absolute minimum.
Do we really have to spend two whole weeks on our videos?
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

Inan
Another one
Org Profile

Post by Inan » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:48 pm

this sounds fun

Username:Inan
Top 5 Favorite Anime:
1.Clannad
2.Higurashi no naku koro ni
3.Shuffle!
4.One Piece
5.Air
Position:4
Random word:Cake

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:49 pm

Kitsuner wrote:I'm probably going to sign up for this, but...
Code wrote:1. You will have a minimum of 2 weeks to work on each round’s track. Some rounds might be longer, but 2 weeks will be the absolute minimum.
Do we really have to spend two whole weeks on our videos?
No. You can send in files as soon as you finish them.

/updates main paige

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:03 am

I probably shouldn't, considering how many other videos I'm supposed to be working on, but I will anyway.

Username: Kitsuner
Top 5 Favorite Anime: (in no particular order, here are five anime I like a lot) Yakitate! Japan, Detroit Metal City, Super GALS, Detective Conan/Case Closed, and The Prince of Tennis. Hopefully I don't have to actually own these for the later round.
Position #: 11
Random Word: Dangerously

I'll get you the other things later.

PS: Happy birthday.
Last edited by Kitsuner on Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

Vivaldi
Polemic Apologist
Org Profile

Post by Vivaldi » Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:09 am

Username: Vivaldi
Top 5 Favorite Anime: lolyeahrite

Position #: 8 (screw you aaron.)
Random Word: Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis

I really shouldn't be doing this.
Last edited by Vivaldi on Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
<Kenzichu> HAHAHA!!
<Kenzichu> everyone died!

AaronAMV
eating that e. coli spinach
Org Profile

Post by AaronAMV » Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:16 am

Vivaldi wrote:Position #: 8 (screw you aaron.)
YEAH! I made sure to post it before you :3

And happy birthday Code(?)

The Origonal Head Hunter
The Propheteer
Org Profile

Post by The Origonal Head Hunter » Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:19 am

My name is Hunter, and I have great voice. Not obnoxious at all. At. All.
RonnieDaking wrote:i like my anime like I like my women, from japan and speaking english
Boredom.

Return to “AMV Contests”