Only Bob - AWA Masters Entry

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Infinity Squared
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

Only Bob - AWA Masters Entry

Post by Infinity Squared » Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:46 am

Here's my AWA Masters attempt. Took a lot of self constraint to keep this hidden all this time. Enjoy, let me know what you think though I probably already know ;)

Brad
Org Profile

Re: Only Bob - AWA Masters Entry

Post by Brad » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:51 am

I totally pegged this as being Bakadeshi's when Ileia showed it to me. Though I didn't get a chance to see the full thing. I shall download and check it out soon.
Ask Brad an After Effects Question! - Forum - Site

OropherZero
Org Profile

Post by OropherZero » Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:13 am

Yeahh good job Mark, I liked this a lot more than the first version since the concept is a lot more clearer when Bob has a consistent presence in the vid =O
Last edited by OropherZero on Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

machina21
Org Profile

Post by machina21 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:13 am

Liked this a lot.

Should say something about the lack of textures on some of the 3-D models, but eh... i liked the vid too much so no big deal. I liked the reflections on the floor, why? I dunno, just like seeing stuff like that.

Hot sizzle :up:
"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere."

Pas
のヮの
Org Profile

Post by Pas » Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:33 am

<Pas> wow oro
<Pas> that was nice
<Pas> there were a few things that bugged me though
<Pas> but it was some top-notch effort into a concept
To expand on this, I really enjoyed the extra effort into executing your concept. Really would love to see more stuff like it.

As I mentioned, there were a few things that bothered me, some of which would be simple to fix, others perhaps not so. One of the largest concerns for me was the projected screens. I felt like some more touch-ups could have made them much more integrated than simply appearing to be slapped into the scene. Even a thin frame around each would have helped greatly. Perhaps some light-flickering too would have been effective.

Other than that and some small nitpicks I really enjoyed this, well-executed and planned out. Very nicely done :up:

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:49 am

I'm glad to see something being done to this song, I love this song! The execution was great on a concept like this. Though I agree with pas about the video frames. This is one of my favs of this year.

:up: :up:
ImageImageImageImage

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:23 am

This was pretty amazing (and not just the effects -- it was also easy to follow and quite emotional). I'm glad they showed it yesterday. Get it, people!
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Kevmaster
Eisenbahnmörser
Org Profile

Post by Kevmaster » Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:58 am

awwww

MimS
Baguette Master
Org Profile

Post by MimS » Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:15 am

In general, I haven't really noticed issues however, even if it is well done, I feel like it lacks something.
Maybe just not my type of video.

Animated
Drama Text Cop
Org Profile

Post by Animated » Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:44 am

It's been five minutes and i still don't know what to write about your amv. Pure win. :up:

Also, props for using Naruto, i loved it.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”