2009 AWA Editor's dinner

Convention Meetups, Socials, and Events
Forum rules
If posting about a specific convention, please mention the year along with its name in the title.
The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Re: 2009 AWA Editor's dinner

Post by The Wired Knight » Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:53 pm

I've got both Castor's and Pilk's numbers so we can start some absolutely ridiculouls game of telephone in trying to get our asses gone.

I am somewhat worried still about the hotel with leaving at seven because we would be at the hotel around 7:30 which only leaves us an hour to get situated and everything and reg last yera was a nightmare for the poor saps in the first half of hte alphabet.
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:30 pm

Waldo wrote:If possible, can you add one more to the list for the dinner and the limo. My flight arrives at 2:10pm but I've got a laptop and a DS so boredom shouldn't be a problem.

I've been so out of the loop due to prepping other stuff that I forgot about the Thursday night dinner. I do miss the rite of passage as new folks crossed the Bridge of Death for the first time.
Just responded to your PM. I'll have my DSi and laptop. Maybe we can all play Mario Kart/Tetris to burn time. :P
The Wired Knight wrote:I've got both Castor's and Pilk's numbers so we can start some absolutely ridiculouls game of telephone in trying to get our asses gone.

I am somewhat worried still about the hotel with leaving at seven because we would be at the hotel around 7:30 which only leaves us an hour to get situated and everything and reg last yera was a nightmare for the poor saps in the first half of hte alphabet.
I hope there isn't traffic too. :x

Anyone know how long reg is open till?
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Ghet
Org Profile

Post by Ghet » Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:53 pm

Castor Troy wrote:
Waldo wrote:If possible, can you add one more to the list for the dinner and the limo. My flight arrives at 2:10pm but I've got a laptop and a DS so boredom shouldn't be a problem.

I've been so out of the loop due to prepping other stuff that I forgot about the Thursday night dinner. I do miss the rite of passage as new folks crossed the Bridge of Death for the first time.
Just responded to your PM. I'll have my DSi and laptop. Maybe we can all play Mario Kart/Tetris to burn time. :P
The Wired Knight wrote:I've got both Castor's and Pilk's numbers so we can start some absolutely ridiculouls game of telephone in trying to get our asses gone.

I hope there isn't traffic too. :x

Anyone know how long reg is open till?
i believe i registered after the dinner last year, but cant tell you exactly when

AMV_4000
Org Profile

Post by AMV_4000 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:20 pm

AWA Group Membership Badges can be picked up at Registration at the Renaissance Waverly Hotel during these hours:

Thursday, 9/17/09--6pm-10pm
Friday,9/18/09--9am-10pm
Saturday,9/19/09--9am-6pm
Sunday,9/20/09--10am-4pm.

that was from the e-mail they sent me.

kholaras
Org Profile

Post by kholaras » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:58 pm

Those hours are also good for standard pre-reg pickup and at the door full-weekend purchases (which is the only type of badge that will be available Thursday). They've stated elsewhere as long as you're in line by 10 they'll take care of you Thursday, but I wouldn't try and cut it too close.

As for the lines, they've done away with the letter specific ones for exactly that reason. It may go slightly slower in the long run but it'll at least be a little more uniform across the board.

Ashyukun
Medicinal Leech
Org Profile

Post by Ashyukun » Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:29 pm

Though I'm solidly late in responding, I'll be there. Probably by myself, though if my brother shows up early enough I'm sure he'll tag along as well.
Bob 'Ash' Babcock
Electric Leech Productions

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:10 am

Hey everybody. I really had a great time at the editor's dinner. Having an annual event like that was truly an amazing idea. Hope to see you guys and gals during the con. And if I don't, it was great meeting all of you in person.

jingoro
Org Profile

Post by jingoro » Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:29 pm

I want to thank Mr. Pilkington for arranging this, and everyone who attended. I can't wait for next year!

Moonlight Soldier
girl with bells
Org Profile

Post by Moonlight Soldier » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:03 pm

jingoro wrote:I want to thank Mr. Pilkington for arranging this, and everyone who attended. I can't wait for next year!
Indeed! Good eats and good people :)

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:05 pm

Moonlight Soldier wrote:
jingoro wrote:I want to thank Mr. Pilkington for arranging this, and everyone who attended. I can't wait for next year!
Indeed! Good eats and good people :)
As long as the two are kept separate. :uhoh:
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

Return to “Anime Conventions”