Needs help Picking software

equinecandy
Org Profile

Needs help Picking software

Post by equinecandy » Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:42 pm

First I would like to say I'm glad I found this site, very imformative.
I would also like to apologize in advance if I break a rule in this post. I read the rules but I'm a bit of an air-head some times :P

My question is regarding finding good, cheaper video software. I'm a video making noob so I don't know much about the different softwares. all I know is that I can't afford Sony vegas or particle illusion right now :( .
I did a little research and found a website that had a top ten review thingy and I looked briefly at things like Movie Edit Pro, Power Director, pinnacle studio, corel video studio, showbiz dvd, and roxio creator. [sorry about the long list xp]
I didn't learn that much about them. any info would be great. I want software under $200 but still decent with a wide range of effects.

equinecandy
Org Profile

Re: Needs help Picking software

Post by equinecandy » Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:46 pm

I was also looking at different adobe software. I forgot that in my list.
sorry XP

Mastamind
Org Profile

Post by Mastamind » Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:40 pm

Welcome to the forums :amv:
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/v ... 11&t=61207
That'll give you a good list of software you could try out. Out of any software, what I think is the best without being overly expensive is Sony Vegas.
equinecandy wrote:all I know is that I can't afford Sony vegas or particle illusion right now .
Yes, you can afford Vegas actually, with under $200, heck maybe even under $100. I bought my Vegas Pro 8 online (no illegal stuff, everything originally boxed, from Sony) for under $150. And that's Vegas Pro- there are other versions of Vegas, like movie studio 9 which is decent and pretty cheap. You can also get an older version of Vegas Pro, which is bound to be a lot cheaper. Get the trials, and see what suits you best.

equinecandy
Org Profile

Post by equinecandy » Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:43 pm

Oh, I didn't realize that. silly me :shock:
Thanks very much :D

pemberly
Org Profile

Post by pemberly » Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:08 am

Vegas Movie Studio can be found used (or on eBay or Amazon) for VERY cheap! And I also got a copy of Vegas Pro (legitimate) for about $200 (it can be found for less). If you are on a budget, get Vegas Movie Studio—it has a lot of features and for a newbie, it's a great place to start!

xPiikanyaa
Phail Whale
Org Profile

Post by xPiikanyaa » Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:25 am

If you're just starting out but want something more functional than Windows Movie Maker or iMovie, then Vegas Movie Studio is a good program to use. It's not as advanced as Vegas Pro but still very good, especially for beginners, and pretty cheap - I got it online for about £25. If that's still a bit expensive, then you could try one or two free open-source programs.
My advice is to download some free trials and see what works for you.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:36 am

See, I'm of the opposite mind. Try something in the realm of Adobe Premier. It's an easier transition to me at least, because its timeline is reminiscent of WMM, yet you have oodles of more control over it. Plus, Vegas is just.... Bleh.... To me.

But then again, that's what most people say. If you edit with Vegas, Premier is EHHH, and if you edit with Premier, Vegas is EHHHH...

blabbler
Org Profile

Post by blabbler » Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:04 am

if you're a student, you could do a lot worse than picking up adobe cs4 production premium, it's only about $250, compared to ~$1500 for the retail version. it's exactly the same, albeit with the proviso that you mustn't use it on commercial projects.
this gets you photoshop, premiere pro, after effects, illustrator and flash (amongst others).

AFT
Org Profile

Post by AFT » Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:11 pm

blabbler wrote:if you're a student, you could do a lot worse than picking up adobe cs4 production premium, it's only about $250, compared to ~$1500 for the retail version. it's exactly the same, albeit with the proviso that you mustn't use it on commercial projects.
this gets you photoshop, premiere pro, after effects, illustrator and flash (amongst others).
Wait, all that for $250?

blabbler
Org Profile

Post by blabbler » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:44 pm

i have no idea if these guys are genuine, but students discounts kick ass.

http://www.ecostsoftware.com/adobe/adob ... 4wod6RayiA

/technically isn't a student ;_;

Return to “Video Editing Software”