2009 AWA Editor's dinner

This forum is for the announcement and discussion of anime conventions, and for the exchanging of rides to, and rooms at, conventions.

Re: 2009 AWA Editor's dinner

Postby Mr Pilkington » Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:23 am

I have 9 on the ride list
  1. Kit
  2. +1
  3. Wired
  4. +1
  5. Haunter
  6. Castor
  7. Vlad
  8. Doki
  9. Toucan Son of Sam

This puts cost at $11. If this is okay I'll call my driver today and ensure that he's still available. If so I'll get him out there tomorrow circa 6:45 or 7, that way kit and guest have time to snag luggage and what not and you all still get back in time to register.
<Orwell> WTF are they doing upstairs. Almost sounds like construction
<[Kristyrat]> Orwell, you see / <[Kristyrat]> when a man really likes a woman / <[Kristyrat]> or has a bottle of chloroform
<inthesto> He takes her stuff / <inthesto> And then poops in her vagina
Mr Pilkington

Postby Kitsuner » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:18 am

Kit's guest is arriving separately, and Toucan Son of Sam is still not coming to AWA.
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]
Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness

Postby Mr Pilkington » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:37 am

How DARE you spread such lies.

We got a NEW bird.
We have the technology. He is now better than he was before. Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.

As for the guest I think I found someone to fill the slot. I'm still working hard to get a good deal so don't give up on me yet.
<[Kristyrat]> Orwell, you see / <[Kristyrat]> when a man really likes a woman / <[Kristyrat]> or has a bottle of chloroform
Mr Pilkington

Postby The Wired Knight » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:20 pm

So what time are we meeting at the airport and what time are we leaving for the hotel? I want to make sure I have enough time to check in and pick up my crap before we run off to dinner.

Also I presume you mean $11 per person, in which case I'll be covering my girlfriend's fee for the ride.
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.
The Wired Knight

Postby Castor Troy » Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:07 pm

The Wired Knight wrote:So what time are we meeting at the airport and what time are we leaving for the hotel? I want to make sure I have enough time to check in and pick up my crap before we run off to dinner.

Also I presume you mean $11 per person, in which case I'll be covering my girlfriend's fee for the ride.

It looks like we'll be leaving around 7pm at the earliest. Since many of us are getting in at different times, we'll all be around the dinosaur bones.
"Vlad, you will not get my new blockbuster video. Sorry bro." - Chemix800, Hollywood Editor
Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E

Postby Vlad G Pohnert » Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:24 pm

I hope 7:00 pm is the latest... I assume you worked out room to luggage as well

Vlad
Sakura-Con 2013 - 2014 AMV Coordinator
AX 2012 - 2014 AMV Assistant Manager
AWA Atlanta 2011-2014 VAT Programming Head
Otafest 2012 - 2014 AMV Coordinator
Animethon 11 - 21 AMV Coordinator
Vlad G Pohnert

Postby Mr Pilkington » Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:42 pm

Yeah, all was accounted for not to worry.

Tomorrow everyone meet with Castor by the Dinosaur bones. As soon as I get the "hi" sign from Kit I'll get the driver underway. That way hopefully we can make it sooner than 7. Sorry I won't be able to meet you all there but Castor has my number if you need anything. Travel from the airport at 7 shouldn't take very long so you should have plenty of time to check in and get registered before we head out. If need be I'll stall the group until you guys are assembled. I know its a bit if a crunch on time but thank for being so patient.

See you all at the hotel and have a great flight :D
Mr Pilkington

Postby Kitsuner » Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:44 pm

Mr Pilkington wrote:Yeah, all was accounted for not to worry.

Tomorrow everyone meet with Castor by the Dinosaur bones. As soon as I get the "hi" sign from Kit I'll get the driver underway.

Hi.
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]
Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness

Postby Waldo » Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:34 pm

If possible, can you add one more to the list for the dinner and the limo. My flight arrives at 2:10pm but I've got a laptop and a DS so boredom shouldn't be a problem.

I've been so out of the loop due to prepping other stuff that I forgot about the Thursday night dinner. I do miss the rite of passage as new folks crossed the Bridge of Death for the first time.
Omar Jenkins
Waldo's Magic Ink
Iron Editor Coordinator
Waldo

Postby kholaras » Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:41 pm

Sending a PM to Castor (Pilk's going to be offline the remainder of the day) would probably be advisable. Also, has Vic managed to make arrangements to get the IE computers and himself up to the con?
kholaras

Postby The Wired Knight » Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:53 pm

I've got both Castor's and Pilk's numbers so we can start some absolutely ridiculouls game of telephone in trying to get our asses gone.

I am somewhat worried still about the hotel with leaving at seven because we would be at the hotel around 7:30 which only leaves us an hour to get situated and everything and reg last yera was a nightmare for the poor saps in the first half of hte alphabet.
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.
The Wired Knight

Postby Castor Troy » Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:30 pm

Waldo wrote:If possible, can you add one more to the list for the dinner and the limo. My flight arrives at 2:10pm but I've got a laptop and a DS so boredom shouldn't be a problem.

I've been so out of the loop due to prepping other stuff that I forgot about the Thursday night dinner. I do miss the rite of passage as new folks crossed the Bridge of Death for the first time.

Just responded to your PM. I'll have my DSi and laptop. Maybe we can all play Mario Kart/Tetris to burn time. :P

The Wired Knight wrote:I've got both Castor's and Pilk's numbers so we can start some absolutely ridiculouls game of telephone in trying to get our asses gone.

I am somewhat worried still about the hotel with leaving at seven because we would be at the hotel around 7:30 which only leaves us an hour to get situated and everything and reg last yera was a nightmare for the poor saps in the first half of hte alphabet.

I hope there isn't traffic too. :x

Anyone know how long reg is open till?
"Vlad, you will not get my new blockbuster video. Sorry bro." - Chemix800, Hollywood Editor
Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E

Postby Ghet » Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:53 pm

Castor Troy wrote:
Waldo wrote:If possible, can you add one more to the list for the dinner and the limo. My flight arrives at 2:10pm but I've got a laptop and a DS so boredom shouldn't be a problem.

Just responded to your PM. I'll have my DSi and laptop. Maybe we can all play Mario Kart/Tetris to burn time. :P

The Wired Knight wrote:I've got both Castor's and Pilk's numbers so we can start some absolutely ridiculouls game of telephone in trying to get our asses gone.

I hope there isn't traffic too. :x

Anyone know how long reg is open till?

i believe i registered after the dinner last year, but cant tell you exactly when
Ghet

Postby AMV_4000 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:20 pm

AWA Group Membership Badges can be picked up at Registration at the Renaissance Waverly Hotel during these hours:

Thursday, 9/17/09--6pm-10pm
Friday,9/18/09--9am-10pm
Saturday,9/19/09--9am-6pm
Sunday,9/20/09--10am-4pm.

that was from the e-mail they sent me.
AMV_4000

Postby kholaras » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:58 pm

Those hours are also good for standard pre-reg pickup and at the door full-weekend purchases (which is the only type of badge that will be available Thursday). They've stated elsewhere as long as you're in line by 10 they'll take care of you Thursday, but I wouldn't try and cut it too close.

As for the lines, they've done away with the letter specific ones for exactly that reason. It may go slightly slower in the long run but it'll at least be a little more uniform across the board.
kholaras

PreviousNext

Return to Anime Conventions