2009 AWA Editor's dinner

Convention Meetups, Socials, and Events
Forum rules
If posting about a specific convention, please mention the year along with its name in the title.
Mr Pilkington
Location: Well, hey, you, you should stop being over there and be over here!
Org Profile

Re: 2009 AWA Editor's dinner

Post by Mr Pilkington » Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:23 am

I have 9 on the ride list
  1. Kit
  2. +1
  3. Wired
  4. +1
  5. Haunter
  6. Castor
  7. Vlad
  8. Doki
  9. Toucan Son of Sam
This puts cost at $11. If this is okay I'll call my driver today and ensure that he's still available. If so I'll get him out there tomorrow circa 6:45 or 7, that way kit and guest have time to snag luggage and what not and you all still get back in time to register.

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:18 am

Kit's guest is arriving separately, and Toucan Son of Sam is still not coming to AWA.
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

Mr Pilkington
Org Profile

Post by Mr Pilkington » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:37 am

How DARE you spread such lies.

We got a NEW bird.
We have the technology. He is now better than he was before. Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.

As for the guest I think I found someone to fill the slot. I'm still working hard to get a good deal so don't give up on me yet.

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:20 pm

So what time are we meeting at the airport and what time are we leaving for the hotel? I want to make sure I have enough time to check in and pick up my crap before we run off to dinner.

Also I presume you mean $11 per person, in which case I'll be covering my girlfriend's fee for the ride.
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:07 pm

The Wired Knight wrote:So what time are we meeting at the airport and what time are we leaving for the hotel? I want to make sure I have enough time to check in and pick up my crap before we run off to dinner.

Also I presume you mean $11 per person, in which case I'll be covering my girlfriend's fee for the ride.
It looks like we'll be leaving around 7pm at the earliest. Since many of us are getting in at different times, we'll all be around the dinosaur bones.
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:24 pm

I hope 7:00 pm is the latest... I assume you worked out room to luggage as well

Vlad
Sakura-Con 2013 - 2019, 2022 AMV Coordinator
Otafest 2012 - 2024 AMV Coordinator
Animethon 2003 - 2024 AMV Coordinator

Mr Pilkington
Org Profile

Post by Mr Pilkington » Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:42 pm

Yeah, all was accounted for not to worry.

Tomorrow everyone meet with Castor by the Dinosaur bones. As soon as I get the "hi" sign from Kit I'll get the driver underway. That way hopefully we can make it sooner than 7. Sorry I won't be able to meet you all there but Castor has my number if you need anything. Travel from the airport at 7 shouldn't take very long so you should have plenty of time to check in and get registered before we head out. If need be I'll stall the group until you guys are assembled. I know its a bit if a crunch on time but thank for being so patient.

See you all at the hotel and have a great flight :D

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:44 pm

Mr Pilkington wrote:Yeah, all was accounted for not to worry.

Tomorrow everyone meet with Castor by the Dinosaur bones. As soon as I get the "hi" sign from Kit I'll get the driver underway.
Hi.
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

Waldo
Org Profile

Post by Waldo » Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:34 pm

If possible, can you add one more to the list for the dinner and the limo. My flight arrives at 2:10pm but I've got a laptop and a DS so boredom shouldn't be a problem.

I've been so out of the loop due to prepping other stuff that I forgot about the Thursday night dinner. I do miss the rite of passage as new folks crossed the Bridge of Death for the first time.
Omar Jenkins
Waldo's Magic Ink
Iron Editor Coordinator

kholaras
Org Profile

Post by kholaras » Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:41 pm

Sending a PM to Castor (Pilk's going to be offline the remainder of the day) would probably be advisable. Also, has Vic managed to make arrangements to get the IE computers and himself up to the con?

Return to “Anime Conventions”