2009 AWA Editor's dinner

Convention Meetups, Socials, and Events
Forum rules
If posting about a specific convention, please mention the year along with its name in the title.
Tono_Fyr
Org Profile

Re: 2009 AWA Editor's dinner

Post by Tono_Fyr » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:38 pm

I'm not going to lie... now that I'm 21, I'm probably going to get REALLY boozed.

Mr Pilkington
Location: Well, hey, you, you should stop being over there and be over here!
Org Profile

Post by Mr Pilkington » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:54 am

Castor Troy wrote:I feel bad that Scintilla will never see the classic "bridge of death". :P
We could take the "scenic" route

On a side note I know I spoke with Wired and kit, but who else needs a ride from the airport?
I'm working some figures and may be able to get a Van for under $8 a person if we get enough on board. And I think we can yet do better than that so I'm still pricing some avenues.

I just got a quote for ~6pm (depending on your flights) and this guy can do upto 10 people in his limo for $98 or, up to 15 in the van for same price :up:
I know everyone comes in at different times, but that Van special would put the cost to roughly $6.50/person if you don't mind waiting around.

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:48 pm

Mr Pilkington wrote:
Castor Troy wrote:I feel bad that Scintilla will never see the classic "bridge of death". :P
We could take the "scenic" route

On a side note I know I spoke with Wired and kit, but who else needs a ride from the airport?
I'm working some figures and may be able to get a Van for under $8 a person if we get enough on board. And I think we can yet do better than that so I'm still pricing some avenues.

I just got a quote for ~6pm (depending on your flights) and this guy can do upto 10 people in his limo for $98 or, up to 15 in the van for same price :up:
I know everyone comes in at different times, but that Van special would put the cost to roughly $6.50/person if you don't mind waiting around.
I'm getting in around 3:17pm on Thursday, so I need a ride. I still got your phone # from back in the day. Regardless, I need to wait for Kit so he can get us our hotel stuff.
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:54 am

Intresting. I get in at 4:30 pm. Well, it's gonna depend on how many and when

Vlad
Sakura-Con 2013 - 2019, 2022 AMV Coordinator
Otafest 2012 - 2024 AMV Coordinator
Animethon 2003 - 2024 AMV Coordinator

Mr Pilkington
Location: Well, hey, you, you should stop being over there and be over here!
Org Profile

Post by Mr Pilkington » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:02 am

If you guys can find a few more today, I'll catch a few in the IRC there's no doubt we can find a good bit and make this cost effective.
Last edited by Mr Pilkington on Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:12 am

I guess I'll be waiting by the dinosaur bones.
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Haunter103
Org Profile

Post by Haunter103 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:57 pm

I just got a PM from Pilk about the possibility of taking a limo or van from the airport, and I would have to say that even though I get in around 1p I wouldn't mind waiting all that much. It means I wont be the first to arrive to check in to the hotel like Kit thought, so he might have to tell them I wont be first to check in after all, but I'm not opposed to it. If we do that, where at the airport would we meet?
●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

kholaras
Org Profile

Post by kholaras » Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:28 pm

Under the dinosaur bones (main terminal shopping area, right outside the security check station and inbetween the baggage claim/ticketing areas) is probably your best bet. Most comfortable seating in the whole place and convenient access to various dining options.

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:04 pm

I get in around 4:30 as well, my girlfriend will hopefully be with me (she's flying standby) I've been trying to figure out the best means of making it back to the hotel (since taxi costs are absolutely ludicrous). So I'm fine with meeting up with you guys there, around when did you want to meet at the dinosaur?

Since obviously once we get to the hotel we're going to flood them with registration pickup and checking into our rooms.
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:21 pm

I land in ATL at 6:15pm, so if the van's still there, I'd be very much in for riding with youse guys.
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

Return to “Anime Conventions”